them

MisterC

6 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Just occurred to me, chances are if Aberdeen had missed their penalty last week and Hearts had scored theirs tonight we’d now be 8 points clear.

Shows the fine margins at the moment. Hopefully their luck doesn’t continue and they drop points before the match on Wednesday but given they are home to Dundee U I don’t hold out that much hope.

Utd drew with them at parkhead earlier in the season 

regardless it looks like it’s down to us to deal with them . 

Nope nothing to see here… absolutely nothing.. apart from he’s already on a yellow and he later gives the penalty away and still did not receive a 2nd yellow.. compare this to Kent’s 2 bookings by Clancy against Aberdeen? 

https://twitter.com/moonman1873/status/1486618927887273985?s=21

9 hours ago, Inigo said:

Sellic seem regularly to have a sharp as fuck first half then fade in the second. Teams are eventually going to find ways of absorbing it then taking something in the second half.

"Angeball". They start off playing at a very high tempo as per Mange's demands, however they simply cannot keep it up for the full 90. If you can keep THEM out during their all out efforts early on then you can pick THEM off when they tire as Alloa and Hearts have shown in the last two games they have played, and there is no doubt that they rode their luck in the second half last night, although TBF they should have been out of sight by half time.

28 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Hibs struggled past Cove Rangers, Alloa very nearly embarrassed them, Hearts missed a penalty to equalise late on in the game

This is the same side that finished 0-0 to a team of St Mirren’s youth, needed a 98th minute winner to beat Ross County, bottled the chance to go top of the league at home to Livingston, and countless other results you don’t associate with an unstoppable football force

We’re 4 points clear for a reason, even after changing manager midway through the season

People talking them up are giving them far too much credit. Yes, we’re in a title race. Yes, they’re not as shite as last year. But the opportunity is there to punish them.

Even if they were to win on Wednesday, I still make us favourites for the league by 7+ points. Especially given their run of games after us.

Yep, we weather the inevitable push at the start of the game and we will win comfortably when they tire in the second half 

40 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Hibs struggled past Cove Rangers, Alloa very nearly embarrassed them, Hearts missed a penalty to equalise late on in the game

This is the same side that finished 0-0 to a team of St Mirren’s youth, needed a 98th minute winner to beat Ross County, bottled the chance to go top of the league at home to Livingston, and countless other results you don’t associate with an unstoppable football force

We’re 4 points clear for a reason, even after changing manager midway through the season

People talking them up are giving them far too much credit. Yes, we’re in a title race. Yes, they’re not as shite as last year. But the opportunity is there to punish them.

Even if they were to win on Wednesday, I still make us favourites for the league by 7+ points. Especially given their run of games after us.

I don’t know to be honest. We’re favourites and in a good position, but we’re way off form at the moment. There’s a number of games this season where we’ve been absolutely howling. 

It’s all about what we do, but we’re perfectly capable for throwing this league away. Assuming both win at the weekend I think if we avoid a defeat in the OF the league is ours. Fear is what happens if they win.

58 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Of course we’re top for a reason, but we struggled to beat Livingston, we needed a penalty to beat said shite Hibs team and Dundee United. It’s not as if we’re flying either.

11 hours ago, Inigo said:

Sellic seem regularly to have a sharp as fuck first half then fade in the second. Teams are eventually going to find ways of absorbing it then taking something in the second half.

1974 and Ali used rope-a-dope against Foreman who ended up punching himself out. :thumbsup:
This will be a tight match against the tinkers and maybe a 1-0 either way.