Welsh's Morelos comments - does anyone care? | Daily Record

OceanRain

Michael Gannon is living in the dark ages. What IW said is considered a hate crime in today's world and not brushed off as a joke.

If the shoe was on the other foot from across the city, the outcry would be twofold. 

A despicable article from the worst newspaper because an editor-in-chief allows this to go to print.

Even Morelos' appeal is judged through the media before trial.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet if the author form the gutters of auld reekie, was commenting on c****c and called them “jungle Jim’s” I’m assuming they would all grow a set and take it as the banter it was meant as. Still at least no one kicked over a sandcastle, wait, that didn’t happen.

do not understand the outrage. hibs have and scottish football authorities  set a new precedent where we can get ex Rangers players and coaches on to say whatever the fuck we want about them. no need for nice words, just sit and refer to them as taig 1 and taig 2 etc.

I’m not even remotely offended by it, can’t say anyone’s words have ever actually upset me. 

What does offend me is the contrasting reactions. Had a Rangers fan / legend been on RTV and said Lennon deserves a bomb in the post can you imagine the reaction? 

20 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

do not understand the outrage. hibs have and scottish football authorities  set a new precedent where we can get ex Rangers players and coaches on to say whatever the fuck we want about them. no need for nice words, just sit and refer to them as taig 1 and taig 2 etc.

Liable to go to Jail for calling somebody a taig on a public platform .

Limmys taig of the day for him a 6 month stretch .

Its the double standards more than anything that is upsetting people more than what was actually said .

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Give us strength - I'd like to actually meet the people who, in 2021, are actually offended by the billy boys. 

Hey ho, thems the breaks.

More hypocritical shite!

Don't try to play down the wading through the blood of every and any Roman Catholic of Irish descent - and don't try to pretend that it is metaphorical or that a fenian is some sort of Irish rebel warrior as opposed nice innocent wee Mrs O'Donnell nipping down to mass............... it's not like they would exploit and manipulate things to get a rousing anthem banned, they're not like that

Ridiculous article that embarrasses Gannon and totally misses the point. It is not about people possibly being offended. The point is the ongoing double standards, as Gannon demonstrates exactly by this article. According to him it is ok to abuse Rangers and Rangers players (we are just being precious). However we know that if anything is said against celtic then it is sectarianism from bigoted Rangers supporters. Apparently it is fine for official Channels to call us ‘currant buns’ and face no sanction whatsoever. Can you imagine the uproar if we used similar rhyming slang on Rangers TV. All articles from no marks like this do is demonstrate their own bias and the total inadequacy of the SFA, league and frankly the country under the SNP. 

I hope a monkey rapes a pangolin then goes on holiday in Sierra Leone and comes back with some aids-covid-ebola super virus, and then it coughs a filthy big phlegm ball in michael gannons face and infects the motherfucker...............which I mean in only the most banter-tastic way obviously. God sake, chill out Michael!

Not only double standards in refereering but in so called 'professional' journalism too. Any neutral Journalist worthy of that title would not jokily dismiss it out of hand.Gannon is a disgrace and doesn't deserve to be called a journalist even for a rag like the Record

Sweep,sweep..it is exactly what we expected.

No idea who the cunt is but the knowledge that he is obviously hurting/spewing big time like all the other haters as we canter towards 55 gives me a warm glow inside. 

That article is disgusting. 

As most have said it's the double standards that pisses us off.

10 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

No idea who the cunt is but the knowledge that he is obviously hurting/spewing big time like all the other haters as we canter towards 55 gives me a warm glow inside. 

That article is disgusting. 

As most have said it's the double standards that pisses us off.

He's a Shettleston Harrier mate.

Fucking disgraceful article.

Remember the outrage when they thought Morelos gave the scum fans the throat slitting gesture, even though it was just him telling them the game was over? And yet actually saying he should be chopped up with a machete is perfectly acceptable?

And if calling us sticky buns is just a bit of banter, I assume he’ll have no problem with being called a fenian bastard.

4 hours ago, GM63 said:

I bet if the author form the gutters of auld reekie, was commenting on c****c and called them “jungle Jim’s” I’m assuming they would all grow a set and take it as the banter it was meant as. Still at least no one kicked over a sandcastle, wait, that didn’t happen.

What’s offensive about jungle jims, it’s rhyming slang for tim which they don’t find offensive? 

Im not offended i just want the standards to be the same for everyone 

This is a record headline from earlier this month

"Celtic players abused by vile sectarian bigots at Ibrox before match against Rangers"

Contrasted with the way this headline is written

"Irvine Welsh could land Hibs in hot water as alleged Alfredo Morelos comments spark SFA probe"

They even say "alleged" comments as if it wasn't broadcast on Hibs own TV channel

Archived