So Mercedes don't win something for the first time in donkeys and go balistic and start acting like some sort of victim..sound like anyone we know by any chance?:hmmm:

As I said the other day I have no dog in this fight but for me Merc fucked Lewis' chances just as much as the FIA did. If he pit after Giovinazzi went off he would have won the race easily. He also would have then had a second chance, which he did anyway, to pit for fresh tyres just like Max.

Let's not kid ourselves on. Lewis will be asking a shit load in that debrief room with the team.

Mercedes were full of hipocrisy to the FIA the full race. Fuck, at one point Toto was literally begging for their not be a safety car after Gio's pull off!

Kinda sums up the F1 these days. I’ve been a fan since I can remember. At least 40 years. It’s so technical, everything is so marginal that the racing almost takes a back seat and even when there is wheel to wheel racing someone is always bitching and moaning when they come off second best. 
MotoGP and Superbike racing is where the fun is. I seen more racing in a weekend of World Superbikes than a whole season of F1 and most of the guys there don’t act like spoiled entitled pricks. 

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

So Mercedes don't win something for the first time in donkeys and go balistic and start acting like some sort of victim..sound like anyone we know by any chance?:hmmm:

As I said the other day I have no dog in this fight but for me Merc fucked Lewis' chances just as much as the FIA did. If he pit after Giovinazzi went off he would have won the race easily. He also would have then had a second chance, which he did anyway, to pit for fresh tyres just like Max.

Let's not kid ourselves on. Lewis will be asking a shit load in that debrief room with the team.

Mercedes were full of hipocrisy to the FIA the full race. Fuck, at one point Toto was literally begging for their not be a safety car after Gio's pull off!

One could also apply the hypocrisy point to Max who was whingeing this week that he was treated differently to other drivers. This celtic style behaviour could have influenced Masi.

28 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I have no ill will towards Max, but that fucking clown Masi ripped the title from Lewis. Cunt should be resigning or fired. 

True. Got to feel sorry for Max though given the questions surrounding the legitimacy of his maiden title.

7 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

They won the constructors championship

7 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

Max went in because he had more than 28 seconds on the driver behind him....so he would always come out in 2nd place....... Lewis never had that luxury of 22-23 seconds ahead of Verstappen....thats why they didnt sacrifice track position.

It should have been red flag...I agree......then everyone starts on even keel

Lewis did tell via team radio that leaving him out of the pit is risky. Red Bull used every opportunity and they got lucky at the end with the SC. Also, Lewis went off track in the beginning and, to me, he gained advantage, but FIA did not take any steps. Still, credit to him for congratulating Max. 

5 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

One could also apply the hypocrisy point to Max who was whingeing this week that he was treated differently to other drivers. This celtic style behaviour could have influenced Masi.

Mercedes were faster than Red Bull, they had a huge advantage and their tactics messed Lewis up. Red Bull knew they are the slower horse and took risks with the pit stops in the right time, and at the end with the SC it paid off. Mercedes have only themselves to blame for leaving their 7 times world champion to chase an 8th title with old tires for some 40 laps in the final race of the season. Had Lewis was given newer tires, i dont think Max was going to overtake him in that last lap. Masi didnt stop Mercedes from doing tire changes, did he?

5 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

True. Got to feel sorry for Max though given the questions surrounding the legitimacy of his maiden title.

Im sure Max feels terrible. 

1 hour ago, demise said:

Mercedes were faster than Red Bull, they had a huge advantage and their tactics messed Lewis up. Red Bull knew they are the slower horse and took risks with the pit stops in the right time, and at the end with the SC it paid off. Mercedes have only themselves to blame for leaving their 7 times world champion to chase an 8th title with old tires for some 40 laps in the final race of the season. Had Lewis was given newer tires, i dont think Max was going to overtake him in that last lap. Masi didnt stop Mercedes from doing tire changes, did he?

Im sure Max feels terrible. 

Max probably does not just now but in time he may grow sick of people questioning this title or referring to it as tainted. He may even end up having to relinquish it depending on what CAS say.

7 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

It could be, yes. I think Mercedes have edged that one though especially with the way Toto has acted. They were trying to steal the title on paper. Sounds like some player registration, zoom meeting, "void the season", alan thompson misses the penalty but dunfermline lay down/could have pit Lewis twice "its someone elses fault' bullshit to me. 

They, for me, are the greatest F1 Dynasty ever and that's including early 2000s Ferrari and I respect them a hell of a lot but this hasnt been great from Mercedes tbh.

Max was entitled to be in second place behind the safety car, not stuck behind 5 lapped cars. However, if there's a legitimate grievance then it belongs to Sainz, who was still stuck behind 2 lapped cars at the restart. He should've been bumped up to third and also allowed to fight for the win. 

Still though, Lewis' gutted face at the end while he sat in the car was pure gold. 

2 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

To be fair to Lewis I haven't seen him winging at all. Had a wee conment on the radio behind the safety car but outwith that he has been a good sportsman about it all!

Only whingers have been Max at the start of the week, Toto and Christian.

After all the madness of this season and yesterday I'm genuinely gutted that Kimi is no longer on the grid. Genuinely one of my favourite sports people, talented and a "personality" to match:lol:

His McLaren era was outstanding and unfortunately for him the car fucked him too many times, won the title with the Ferrari and his two years at Lotus was extremely underrated. 

I actually think it was quite fitting that he retired during the race and could quietly leave with his family. He looked a very happy man leaving that circuit yesterday and I really hope he enjoys his retirement.

Legend!

2 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Delighted to see Max win it, Hamilton’s tarrier-like whinging and victim mentality gets on my tits.

Yes cause Max whinging about being treated differently to othef drivers and all decisions going against him is not celtic like at all....