Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think the whole idea of this is disgusting.

They are effectively Setting up a closed shop, designed for, set up and run by a core of teams with the sole intention of earning as much money as is remotely possible for themselves while keeping the majority of that wealth to themselves too.

My interest in football outwith anything we are doing has slowly been declining in recent years, but if this happens, I’ll never go out of my way to watch a game involving any of the clubs involved.

I agree I've been less interested in football and in particular the Champions League, than I've ever been but I will actively be avoiding any games or even buying any merchandise from any of these clubs and I say that as someone who owns Barca, AC Milan and Chelsea tops.

13 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Didn’t say we were getting an invite. I said if we got an invite. Rangers have no television pull?  FFS! 

You honestly think we have television pull globally? Barring expats in the Anglo-sphere no one wants to watch us.

8 minutes ago, shaka said:

They will when it becomes a second rate league where only players with no international prospects play and there are very few loyal fans.  Chasing after arm chair fans who don't care about history will only lead to them losing interest when their preferred team no longer wins every game.  I think they assumed that fans will follow regardless of what they do to their clubs but every club has had nothing but fans protesting against this.

They don't care about the fans mate or history. They care about money.

Why bother with their die hard supporters when they can start playing these games in markets like Asia, America etc and land bigger sponsorship deals. 

Players will flock to this competition as the clubs involved will just offer them even bigger wages in exchange for turning against International football until uefa and fifa cave in. 

This super league is what these clubs have wanted the champions league to become. An elitist setup where clubs like us are no longer welcome. 

The back lash is massive, I can't for the life of me see this happening even though they say it is, the club's will surely have to back down when the fans of some of these clubs kick up fuck, absolutely disgraceful behaviour, they should be expelled from national competitions immediately if this is what's going to happen.

If I was a Man Utd supporter, I’d start supporting FC United of Manchester instead.

If I was a Man City supporter, I’d start supporting Maine Road FC instead.

If I was a Liverpool supporter, I’d start supporting AFC Liverpool instead.

If I was an Arsenal or Tottenham supporter, I’d start supporting Leyton Orient instead.

If I was a Chelsea supporter, I’d start supporting AFC Wimbledon instead.

Fuck these greedy cunt clubs, they have nothing in common with the teams that George Best, Danny Blanchflower, Kenny Dalglish, David O’Leary, Bobby Tambling and Mike Summerbee played for. They can all fucking rot.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

If I was a Man Utd supporter, I’d start supporting FC United of Manchester instead.

If I was a Man City supporter, I’d start supporting Maine Road FC instead.

If I was a Liverpool supporter, I’d start supporting AFC Liverpool instead.

If I was an Arsenal or Tottenham supporter, I’d start supporting Leyton Orient instead.

If I was a Chelsea supporter, I’d start supporting AFC Wimbledon instead.

Fuck these greedy cunt clubs, they can all rot.

Liverpool and Chelsea fans don't need to support another club.

Both clubs were founded literally to make money for their owners because they had empty stadiums. 

3 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

The back lash is massive, I can't for the life of me see this happening even though they say it is, the club's will surely have to back down when the fans of some of these clubs kick up fuck, absolutely disgraceful behaviour, they should be expelled from national competitions immediately if this is what's going to happen.

They won't care about the fans. When your are making the money they will get for joining they won't need fans any more. The overseas and tourists will be their market now. 

Shocking figures of cash being banded around, but I don't think it's a coincidence this is announced about 12 hours before the final commercial talks over the "new" Champions League.

Half expect this to be old news by the end of the week after UEFA caves and gives them what they want in guarantees of CL places, etc.

Bad for clubs like us though, as it seems like no matter what we do we'll end up screwed by UEFA.