Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

I can't see it happening. They will be ejected form their own leagues and cup competitions. Any player playing for the teams involved will be banned from the World Cup and European Championships. As good as European football is, fans would miss the domestic competitions. 

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I can't see it happening. They will be ejected form their own leagues and cup competitions. Any player playing for the teams involved will be banned from the World Cup and European Championships. As good as European football is, fans would miss the domestic competitions. 

I doubt they would to be honest.

If these teams were to leave, Uefa would be weakened considerably and they would snivel away and cow down to the big clubs in exchange for a pay off.

If the breakaway does happen, Uefa will make noise about what they will do, and if that does not work, they back down.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I doubt they would to be honest.

If these teams were to leave, Uefa would be weakened considerably and they would snivel away and cow down to the big clubs in exchange for a pay off.

If the breakaway does happen, Uefa will make noise about what they will do, and if that does not work, they back down.

Just going by the news story on the BBC, (so yeah, must be true :lol: ) FIFA have already said they would not recognise it and player would not be allowed to play in the WC.

Gary Neville went Schwarzenegger earlier on on Sky...he had a good points like...so let's say Man utd play Real at home one week then are away in Turin playing Juve next etc.....fans will gladly fly all over europe and spend tens of thousands. I cant see this gettin off the ground fuckin morons.

Let's wait for any "official" announcement from these breakaway clubs. 

The sanctions for breaking away look worse than the rewards to me. Surely any impending announcement must have had the backing of the people who matter - the media companies who would broadcast these matches?