Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hope we get invited.

I was just gonna mention this!

As much as I think its a fucking scandal and the clubs are greedy fuckers, would you want to accept an invite if we were offered?

Im hearing every club that joins will be getting a starting payment of about half a billion quid.

Looks like it could be Amazon bankrolling it and trying to fuck over the broadcast networks like Sky etc.

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

The governing bodies UEFA, Premier League, FA, Serie A etc should tell them they can go form their league but they won’t be playing in their domestic leagues or the Champions League 

If they want to go form their NBA style closed shop then it should be treated as the side show circus it is. When it all goes tits up and no one cares anymore they should have to start domestically from the bottom 

Fuck UEFA. If these teams decide to go,too fucking bad. UEFA only interested in money if you haven’t seen the news from last week regarding Kamara. Fucking cunts they are. If Rangers got an invite to this what would your thoughts be on it? 

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Pity Gary Neville wasn't so concerned about ordinary fans when he was getting hundreds of thousands of pounds a week shovelled in his pockets, whilst ordinary fans were squeezed out by corporate wankers and reliant on over priced TV subscriptions...

Shame Sky were so concerned with ordinary fans when they were scheduling the likes of Southampton vs Newcastle on a Monday night. Or advocating for 4th placed teams to play in the "champions" league.

If Sky had the rights to this farce then they'd be telling us it was some amazing, visionary idea.

Why should Gary Neville feel bad about being so good at something that people paid him well?

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I was just gonna mention this!

As much as I think its a fucking scandal and the clubs are greedy fuckers, would you want to accept an invite if we were offered?

Im hearing every club that joins will be getting a starting payment of about half a billion quid.

Looks like it could be Amazon bankrolling it and trying to fuck over the broadcast networks like Sky etc.

No

What is the proposal here?

I always thought the talk of a European super league was to break away from individual domestic leagues completely and set up a new league, but from what I've read of this it's to rival the Champions league? Is this basically them wanting to play domestic football but have a European tournament where only they benefit financially?

15 minutes ago, Rangers#1 said:

Just trying to strong-arm UEFA for more power imo.

I agree with this . Uefa will fall in line quietly , meet them half way and all these clubs will have more power and more leverage . Corruption at it's finest 

15 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

As I said, need more info. Football has to evolve. If we got an invite to this I would say yes. Starting off with half a billion as someone said? 

But the problem is we aren’t getting an invite, which is why we shouldn’t support it. Most the money we make on the pitch comes from European competition, which would be massively impacted by this bollocks league.

30 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Pity Gary Neville wasn't so concerned about ordinary fans when he was getting hundreds of thousands of pounds a week shovelled in his pockets, whilst ordinary fans were squeezed out by corporate wankers and reliant on over priced TV subscriptions...

Shame Sky werent so concerned with ordinary fans when they were scheduling the likes of Southampton vs Newcastle on a Monday night. Or advocating for 4th placed teams to play in the "champions" league.

If Sky had the rights to this farce then they'd be telling us it was some amazing, visionary idea.

Fuck all of them, they set in motion such greed, this is just a logical progression of what they started.

Great Post 👍👍

So if you are an average fan of any of the six clubs that have signed up for this shite you can forget attendance at games unless you are prepared to fork out probably £100 a game minimum.  There will be a closed shop of rich fans who will sit and watch games whilst chomping on the prawn sandwiches.  Hospitality packages will go through the roof. 

36 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Shame Sky werent so concerned with ordinary fans when they were scheduling the likes of Southampton vs Newcastle on a Monday night. Or advocating for 4th placed teams to play in the "champions" league.

Fuck all of them, they set in motion such greed, this is just a logical progression of what they started.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

20 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

So if you are an average fan of any of the six clubs that have signed up for this shite you can forget attendance at games unless you are prepared to fork out probably £100 a game minimum.  There will be a closed shop of rich fans who will sit and watch games whilst chomping on the prawn sandwiches.  Hospitality packages will go through the roof. 

That's basically the upper 50% of the EPL right now anyway.