The Euros

5 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

He had no problem with Boyd getting called an “orange bastard” if I recall and his later outburst proved that, like all the rest, they can give it but they can’t take it.

If he has a straight choice, he’ll favour the scumbag every time. He will use the Rangers player only if he’s really under pressure to do so or he has nobody else. The perfect example is O’Donnell over Patterson. A donkey over a thoroughbred. Fuck loyalty, fuck “O’Donnell helped get us there” - if Patterson played for the scum, he’d be starting next Monday.

I’ll be very surprised to see that.

Can't say I agree with that.

Ryan Jack gets plenty of game time when he is fit, and it's not like Scotland does not have other options in the middle.

Fair point on the Boyd thing though.

12 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Clearly not true. You honestly think Steve Clarke is selecting his starting line up on players religion?? Fuckin hell some right paranoid people around.

i am not paranoid look at his team selections where he has a choice to make he always picks players with a celtic connection or in the case of o donnel a killie connection though  he comes into the same category

49 minutes ago, billscott said:

i am not paranoid look at his team selections where he has a choice to make he always picks players with a celtic connection or in the case of o donnel a killie connection though  he comes into the same category

Apart from Patterson (a decision he hasn’t actually made yet), who are you talking about? 

11 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I know he threw his toys out the pram when he took offense to being called a Fenian in a song, which he blew out of all proportion, but other than that, I have not heard him say anything really outrageous.

Are there any other things other than this that make him out to be a prick?

The thing that makes him a prick is the fact that when Boyd was subjected to sectarian abuse and hit with a coin Clarke said nothing at all.

56 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Apart from Patterson (a decision he hasn’t actually made yet), who are you talking about? 

i am not talking about gers players because apart from jack who is injured and paterson we dont have any other scottish players i am talking in general  last week for example  he picked forrest and christie who have had a awful season i know forrest has been injured but these 2 should be knowhere near the team also taylor another example of his killie/celtic bias  he is a terrible fullback   you stick up for clarke if you like  i will still be supporting scotland next week but for me clarke is a cunt

12 minutes ago, billscott said:

i am not talking about gers players because apart from jack who is injured and paterson we dont have any other scottish players i am talking in general  last week for example  he picked forrest and christie who have had a awful season i know forrest has been injured but these 2 should be knowhere near the team also taylor another example of his killie/celtic bias  he is a terrible fullback   you stick up for clarke if you like  i will still be supporting scotland next week but for me clarke is a cunt

Who, in your opinion, are the alternatives that should have been given the places of Taylor, Christie & Forrest? 

Forrest was a strange one but most managers go into international tournaments with the vast majority of the squad who got them there. That meant that Christie & Taylor were always likely to go.

40 minutes ago, billscott said:

I really don’t like Steve Clarke. 

Nothing to do with any imaginary scenarios where he only picks celtic players or catholics. 

Calm your jets. 

13 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I really don't think that is true.

Clarke is a bit if a blowhard and is far too sensitive to what opposition fans say, but I think he will judge players on merit.

He will treat the likes of Jack and Patterson fairly.

I think he is a pretty good man manager in that way.

If anything, I was surprised he called up Patterson as he has still only about a dozen first team appearances, although it is clear he is ready for the step up.

There is still this thing in international football about having to "earn your cap".

I think I was to meet Clarke for instance, he would come across as a pretty decent bloke, compared with someone like Lennon who would instantly come across as an utter cunt.

Once Patterson gets established in the team, he will be in it for a long time.

I actually hope that we get a good few players into the national squad as I have little to no interest in it, but if we were to have 4 or 5 of our players in there, then I could see myself having some form of backing for the team.

Right now, short of any game time for Patterson, I have fuck all interest.

Is this the same Clarke who when they beat us and qualified for Europe couldn’t hide his hatred for Rangers. The fact Clarke is being hailed a success for getting Scotland to euros as a best of the shite diddy teams and by penalties at that is a fucking joke,his managerial record is mediocre and he only got jobs through being linked to mourinho. International football is dying a slow death,too many games in too many competitions and apart from Belgium I can’t think of a half decent team I would turn on the tv to watch. The days of a Rangers team built on Scottish players is finished and the current Scotland team shows you why,bang average players who are never international class and the fact Forrest walks into the team having played about 3 games for the scum proves this.

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Is this the same Clarke who when they beat us and qualified for Europe couldn’t hide his hatred for Rangers. The fact Clarke is being hailed a success for getting Scotland to euros as a best of the shite diddy teams and by penalties at that is a fucking joke,his managerial record is mediocre and he only got jobs through being linked to mourinho. International football is dying a slow death,too many games in too many competitions and apart from Belgium I can’t think of a half decent team I would turn on the tv to watch. The days of a Rangers team built on Scottish players is finished and the current Scotland team shows you why,bang average players who are never international class and the fact Forrest walks into the team having played about 3 games for the scum proves this.

Was this the time he was a greeting faced bastard about getting called some names? If so, I agree, he took that way over the top. Not defending Boyd was worse as it was completely hypocritical.

Other than those two things though, I genuinely cant say he has never really bothered me.

He did a ridiculously good job at Killie to be fair. But I dont think he would replicate this for a team who was expected to win things.

He has done okay with Scotland, but I completely agree on international football. Its down to luck as much as anything in most cases.

32 minutes ago, Dickie said:

The fact Clarke is being hailed a success for getting Scotland to euros as a best of the shite diddy teams and by penalties at that is a fucking joke

He’s taken them to their first international tournament in 23 years. Of course he’s going to be hailed a success :lol:

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Who, in your opinion, are the alternatives that should have been given the places of Taylor, Christie & Forrest? 

Forrest was a strange one but most managers go into international tournaments with the vast majority of the squad who got them there. That meant that Christie & Taylor were always likely to go.

Doig ahead of Taylor all day. Anybody ahead of Forrest, considering he barely played all season and doesn’t fit their formation. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s taken them to their first international tournament in 23 years. Of course he’s going to be hailed a success :lol:

Never understood the argument against him being hailed a success either :lol: 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Never understood the argument against him being hailed a success either :lol: 

His remit was to make the Euros, and he’s done it. That makes him a success regardless of what players, what formation or what circumstances or changes to the tournament there have been, to allow them to get there.

It just seems like a lot of people on here and on places like Rangers twitter can’t rationalise that because of their dislike of him.