The Euros

36 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Should've been off horrible challenge 

in the short time he was on gilmour was terrific but he wont start next week  the fenians will get picked mcgregor for gilmour and o donnell for paterson  that is a certainty

27 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Patterson showed more in that half an hour than O'Donnell's total contribution in a Scotland shirt.

Can’t believe we’ve a talent like Patterson in our national team, who’ll be sitting on the bench while a Motherwell no mark who hasn’t done anything and never will do anything gets a start.

55 minutes ago, billscott said:

in the short time he was on gilmour was terrific but he wont start next week  the fenians will get picked mcgregor for gilmour and o donnell for paterson  that is a certainty

Clarke thinks he can make McGregor into the next Pirlo (or even Steve Davis) but, although he’s a tidy, busy wee player, he’ll never dictate a game the way Gilmour did even in his short spell.

Ironic that the two best displays were from ex-Rangers youths who did more in their brief spells than their predecessors did in ten games.

Have to say I thought McTominay was utter shite too.

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Clarke thinks he can make McGregor into the next Pirlo (or even Steve Davis) but, although he’s a tidy, busy wee player, he’ll never dictate a game the way Gilmour did even in his short spell.

Ironic that the two best displays were from ex-Rangers youths who did more in their brief spells than their predecessors did in ten games.

Have to say I thought McTominay was utter shite too.

summed up very well  i thought it was just me  but like you i thought mctominay was poor as well  he did not look 100% fit   mcgregor has lost his spark by being overplayed and also being in a shite team did not realise he will be 28 in a few wks

45 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t believe we’ve a talent like Patterson in our national team, who’ll be sitting on the bench while a Motherwell no mark who hasn’t done anything and never will do anything gets a start.

there is a simple answer to that  he is one of them and most of clarkes players come into that category

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

England will get through the groups and put out I think. Very overrated I think. 

Italy seem like dark horses this year, got quite a favourable side of the draw as well. Stuck £5 on them And Lukaku TGS at 80/1. 

If they win the group they'll be facing either France, Portugal or Germany in the last 16 as well!

30 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

England will get through the groups and put out I think. Very overrated I think. 

Italy seem like dark horses this year, got quite a favourable side of the draw as well. Stuck £5 on them And Lukaku TGS at 80/1. 

I’ve went for Immobile to be top goal scorer 

2 hours ago, billscott said:

there is a simple answer to that  he is one of them and most of clarkes players come into that category

I don’t think it’s even that. Just think he’ll stick with who he’s used previously. 

2 hours ago, billscott said:

Clearly not true. You honestly think Steve Clarke is selecting his starting line up on players religion?? Fuckin hell some right paranoid people around.

3 hours ago, billscott said:

I really don't think that is true.

Clarke is a bit if a blowhard and is far too sensitive to what opposition fans say, but I think he will judge players on merit.

He will treat the likes of Jack and Patterson fairly.

I think he is a pretty good man manager in that way.

If anything, I was surprised he called up Patterson as he has still only about a dozen first team appearances, although it is clear he is ready for the step up.

There is still this thing in international football about having to "earn your cap".

I think I was to meet Clarke for instance, he would come across as a pretty decent bloke, compared with someone like Lennon who would instantly come across as an utter cunt.

Once Patterson gets established in the team, he will be in it for a long time.

I actually hope that we get a good few players into the national squad as I have little to no interest in it, but if we were to have 4 or 5 of our players in there, then I could see myself having some form of backing for the team.

Right now, short of any game time for Patterson, I have fuck all interest.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Clarke is a fucking cunt, nothing decent about him. A protestant hating scumbag

I know he threw his toys out the pram when he took offense to being called a Fenian in a song, which he blew out of all proportion, but other than that, I have not heard him say anything really outrageous.

Are there any other things other than this that make him out to be a prick?

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I know he threw his toys out the pram when he took offense to being called a Fenian in a song, which he blew out of all proportion, but other than that, I have not heard him say anything really outrageous.

Are there any other things other than this that make him out to be a prick?

He had no problem with Boyd getting called an “orange bastard” if I recall and his later outburst proved that, like all the rest, they can give it but they can’t take it.

If he has a straight choice, he’ll favour the scumbag every time. He will use the Rangers player only if he’s really under pressure to do so or he has nobody else. The perfect example is O’Donnell over Patterson. A donkey over a thoroughbred. Fuck loyalty, fuck “O’Donnell helped get us there” - if Patterson played for the scum, he’d be starting next Monday.

I’ll be very surprised to see that.