Scott Wright

I've no idea if Scott Wright will ever make it at Rangers as he seems to lack the confidence that could take him to the next level but his part in their goal yesterday was poor for me.

He's in a two man wall but he's got his back to the ball looking at McLaughlin as the free kick is taken which forces the two men to go challenge McGregor and in turn leaves Taylor wide open for the shot.

You never turn your back to the ball at a free kick.

Little things like that change games but the team responded well to pull out the win.

2 minutes ago, Canabear said:

I've no idea if Scott Wright will ever make it at Rangers as he seems to lack the confidence that could take him to the next level but his part in their goal yesterday was poor for me.

He's in a two man wall but he's got his back to the ball looking at McLaughlin as the free kick is taken which forces the two men to go challenge McGregor and in turn leaves Taylor wide open for the shot.

You never turn your back to the ball at a free kick.

Little things like that change games but the team responded well to pull out the win.

scott wright is rubbish  how gvb put him on as a sub i will never know   even if he does beat a man  his cross always  hits the first defender  he will never be good enough for rangers

1 minute ago, billscott said:

scott wright is rubbish  how gvb put him on as a sub i will never know   even if he does beat a man  his cross always  hits the first defender  he will never be good enough for Rangers

Probably put him on for his pace and that alone but the same thing could be said of Sakala.

Just now, Canabear said:

Probably put him on for his pace and that alone but the same thing could be said of Sakala.

would not argue with that  never been a fan of both but at least sakala offers you something his goal return is not bad  i would celebrate if wright had a shot on target

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

scott wright is rubbish  how gvb put him on as a sub i will never know   even if he does beat a man  his cross always  hits the first defender  he will never be good enough for rangers

Tbf both our goals came from balls smashed across goal without picking a man out 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Nah smashing the ball like that is probably a 50% chance of hitting first man 

both tavs cross and basseys ball into the box  were terrific  you must have been watching a different game  just admit wright is pish and stop  trying to defend him with other stupid comments 

1 minute ago, billscott said:

both tavs cross and basseys ball into the box  were terrific  you must have been watching a different game  just admit wright is pish and stop  trying to defend him with other stupid comments 

I've not said he's not pish , he's nowhere near good enough 

20 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

change the name wright to lundstram and this is a thread from a few months ago

just saying...

John Lundstum had a few MOM performances at the start of the season then was dropped by Gerrard before GVB started playing him in his favoured position and the transformation in him was extraordinary, Scott Wright has been here since January 2021 and still doesn't have an end product, don't think any thread from a few months ago will ever change the fact that Scott Wright will ever turn it around, just saying.

14 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Scott Wright has been here since Feb 2021, he’s had plenty time to settle in. It’s nothing like Lundstram. 

The problem with Lundstram was attitude, not ability IMO.

Wright is the opposite. A trier, but absolutely pish. Just another Barker, Hastie, Jones, SPFL bog standard player that will contribute heehaw. 

if you are lumping wright in with barker hastie and jones ffs then i cant help you everyone else sees he certainly is far better than those three put together and as for being here for a year almost all of his appearance's has been as a sub in the second half in a team that pretty much needed consistency due to league and euro runs and the fact we rarely played with out and out wingers especially under gerrard 

but i pretty much guarantee there will be a big enough game where he plays out of his skin and lays on a goal or two and all of a sudden this site will be ' we have to keep him' 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I thought Scott Wright was fine yesterday. But right-wing has been a problem area for years. Even before Candeias who was also average. SW is ok as a substitute but never a starter.

We shoehorn players into that position. Ramsey, Arfield, Aribo, and Sakala to name only a few.

I thought he was ok and played a lot of decent balls out to Kent on left  but the problem there is he should have been out right offering same threat 

Far too predictable imo all he does is run the ball to the line and try to cut it across, any other player would have defenders questioning is he going to drag it back and dummy the cross, but not wright 

queue somebody about to prove me Wrong 😅

40 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

if you are lumping wright in with barker hastie and jones ffs then i cant help you everyone else sees he certainly is far better than those three put together and as for being here for a year almost all of his appearance's has been as a sub in the second half in a team that pretty much needed consistency due to league and euro runs and the fact we rarely played with out and out wingers especially under gerrard 

but i pretty much guarantee there will be a big enough game where he plays out of his skin and lays on a goal or two and all of a sudden this site will be ' we have to keep him' 

Not sure they do to be honest.

There‘s a reason he doesn’t get many starts. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Scott Wright has been here since Feb 2021, he’s had plenty time to settle in. It’s nothing like Lundstram. 

The problem with Lundstram was attitude, not ability IMO.

Wright is the opposite. A trier, but absolutely pish. Just another Barker, Hastie, Jones, SPFL bog standard player that will contribute heehaw. 

What has ever been wrong with Lundstram's attitude?

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Another shitebag performance from him in an OF game yesterday. The game is far too big for him and hopefully it’s his last.

The splutter of applause yesterday when he walked around bye our end summed up how the fans felt.

Did we win yesterday ??? 

going by the experts on here Aribo was shite Bassey was shite Wright was shite Jack was shite. I have never read so much pish in my life. We have just won a semi final against all odds against our bitterest rivals and some on here can’t enjoy that and just want to criticise  our players.  Come on enjoy our victory  !!!!! 

40 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

After sorting the centre half position then Gios next priority must be sorting out our wingers and number 10 positions next season and these type of players are usually the most expensive.

Shame the club didn't put enough into the Skov Olsen deal, he looks the business. 

We are crying out for a quality right sided player. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What has ever been wrong with Lundstram's attitude?

Seemed a lazy player in the initial stages, lazy tracking players (like Dundee Utd loss) and lazy tackling / pressing (2 stupid yellows in Europe).

My perception was he maybe thought it would be easier, and had a pretty bad rep for not doing what he should. Plenty wanted him driven back down the road, even in January.

Completely turned it round now, but as I said, I think it was a lack of application rather than ability.