Scott Wright

Wright and Jack are two of the greatest prospects for me, will take time but what better manager to instill confidence and nurture that skill?

Haven't mentioned Kent here as he's already miles ahead of the Scottish game, he will grow in European games

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Jack a prospect? He's 30 in 6 months.

This a 'whoosh' because you surely can't mean Simpson?

Jack has skill and looks brilliant some games, average others and is nowhere near a consistent level.

There's a difference between youth with talent needing nurtured and a mature player who needs coached for consistency. 

Both are prospects to achieve greatness at the club.

Or does "prospect" end at an age that I'm unaware of yet you are?

23 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Jack has skill and looks brilliant some games, average others and is nowhere near a consistent level.

There's a difference between youth with talent needing nurtured and a mature player who needs coached for consistency. 

Both are prospects to achieve greatness at the club.

Or does "prospect" end at an age that I'm unaware of yet you are?

Don't know where to start with that.

Jack is the guy Gerrard relies on when fit and an International capped player is beyond a prospect.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Wasn't expecting much from him when he signed but so far he's proved to be a shrewd bit of business by the club, tidy wee player and will hopefully kick on this season to try and cement a place in the starting 11,don't think it's any coincidence that Kent has went up a level since his arrival either. 

Said back in January I thought he'd turn out a good signing. Had his injury problems when he was 19yo but snippets I'd seen of him for the sheep, I thought he looked to have some talent and pace, which he will only improve upon under Gerrard, Beale, TC and GM. 

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Are you saying he has no prospect of improving his game?

I think you have used the wrong word mate. Even Scott Wright is not a prospect. He would have been at Aberdeen.

Kelly, King, Mayo are prospects because they have great potential but they haven't  quite made the grade yet.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I think you have used the wrong word mate. Even Scott Wright is not a prospect. He would have been at Aberdeen.

Kelly, King, Mayo are prospects because they have great potential but they haven't  quite made the grade yet.

Perhaps, but only to those who don't understand the definition of prospect.

End of the day, we want more, when I look at the team and who is on the verge of hitting that higher level and if they do - can take us further - whether you want to say prospect or potential, it's Wright and Jack for me. 

Hopefully Jack does come back stronger and fitter and kicks on to a higher level which he was definitely showing signs of last season but it's very frustrating when he gets these long lay offs every season.

But he gives his all in the middle of the park never shites out of tackles so injuries are an occupational hazard.