Gerrard - "I'm going to call on the Ibrox crowd."

Clemdog

9 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Recruitment in the summer? Not sure what else he could've done, we were clearly not spending this summer without selling, the fact we've brought a few in on decent deals and started to shift some of the dead weight is a positive. Holding onto key players was the task

Tonight, fair enough however I dont think he got it tactically wrong tonight, I think the players on the park let him down. We weren't undone by a masterstroke from their manager, the players we expected to perform didn't, simple as that. 

Up to him now to either light a fire under them or drop them for next week, hopefully the former.

We ended last season with a makeshift midfield and we started a CL qualifier tonight with a makeshift midfield.

We, once again, are relying on a 36 yr old to drag us through.

Arfields injuries look like they’ve caught up with him.

Jack - who knows

Ofoborh - Unbelievably, signed with a Heart issue.

Aribo - not good enough imo and fuck knows where he is.

So that leaves Davis and Kamara again with Lundstram.

The fact Lundstram and Arfield finished that game tonight says it all.

40 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s a shame he’s had to call us out to back him

It was the same on Saturday as well, moans and groans and so much nerves around the ground. Tav and Bassey asked for more from the crowd. I was jittery but the pelters the players were getting was crazy. Hopefully a good atmosphere next week

I thought after watching plenty games last season when we had to be patient play our game and we’d get there in the end the returning fans would take a tumble to themselves but Saturday after the first ten minutes it was the same old ibrox 😖🙈

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

We ended last season with a makeshift midfield and we started a CL qualifier tonight with a makeshift midfield.

Jack - who knows

So that leaves Davis and Kamara again and Lundstram.

Ofoborh was surely never brought in to be a starter this season, what happened with him is pish and something we should've caught beforehand aye but wouldn't have made a difference tonight.

Jack I agree with, we should've been prepared to get a replacement in for him however I think we're pinning our hopes on him coming back and we don't need to sign someone, risky but is what it is. Arfield looked a decent backup before tonight, was really bad though, as you said I think he's finished now.

Kamara is suspended, again shite but what can ye do, can't sign a player for 3 matches

Davis/Lundstrum/Arfield, if you'd said a few months ago we'd be starting with that in midfield then aye it's not world beating by any means but it's not panic stations, would obviously rather Kamara/Jack in there but that's decent enough. The fact 2 of them let us down tonight big time was the issue, along with a few others mind you.

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Ofoborh was surely never brought in to be a starter this season, what happened with him is pish and something we should've caught beforehand aye but wouldn't have made a difference tonight.

Jack I agree with, we should've been prepared to get a replacement in for him however I think we're pinning our hopes on him coming back and we don't need to sign someone, risky but is what it is. Arfield looked a decent backup before tonight, was really bad though, as you said I think he's finished now.

Kamara is suspended, again shite but what can ye do, can't sign a player for 3 matches

Davis/Lundstrum/Arfield, if you'd said a few months ago we'd be starting with that in midfield then aye it's not world beating by any means but it's not panic stations, would obviously rather Kamara/Jack in there but that's decent enough. The fact 2 of them let us down tonight big time was the issue, along with a few others mind you.

I appreciate Kamara is suspended but when him and a fully fit jack aren’t there then there is barely any mobility.

Unbelievably, we’re an injury to Davis away from going into Malmo and Q4 with a midfield of Lundstram, Arfield and another.

I thought Lundstram would be natural replacement for Arfield but we still need a proper, mobile and strong CDM.

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Jack - who knows

So that leaves Davis and Kamara again with Lundstram.

Aribo not good enough? ffs

13 minutes ago, dbyst said:

can you not answer the question?

We missed mobility and a player like Kamara who can contribute defensively yet also help us control a game. Aribo can do neither.

If everyone fit then Aribo is 5th choice in there.

He’d likely have started where Wright did.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I appreciate Kamara is suspended but when him and a fully fit jack aren’t there then there is barely any mobility.

Unbelievably, we’re an injury to Davis away from going into Malmo and Q4 with a midfield of Lundstram, Arfield and another.

I thought Lundstram would be natural replacement for Arfield but we still need a proper, mobile and strong CDM.

Aye agreed, i'd happily have Kamara/Davis/Aribo tbh (know you're not his biggest fan tho)

It is crazy that we're getting more out of Davis than anyone else however if we sign anyone else into an already bloated midfield we need to sell.

Lundstrum was the biggest dissapointment by far

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We missed mobility and a player like Kamara who can contribute defensively yet also help us control a game. Aribo can do neither.

If everyone fit then Aribo is 5th choice in there.

He’d likely have started where Wright did.

Aribo is definitely not 5th choice in midfield, i actually prefer him playing more in Wright role tbh but to say he's not good enough is just bollocks. 

20 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think that's why they've their eye on the Dutch lad Veerman. If we get through or sell a player I expect an offer being made. 

7 minutes ago, One Jock Wallace said:

I think that's why they've their eye on the Dutch lad Veerman. If we get through or sell a player I expect an offer being made. 

We could be out by then though.

And selling a player then signing someone is just kicking can down the road.

16 minutes ago, dbyst said:

Aribo is definitely not 5th choice in midfield, i actually prefer him playing more in Wright role tbh but to say he's not good enough is just bollocks. 

If all players are fit then Jack,Davis and Kamara start.

Lundstram next in line and then Aribo/Arfield.

That’s not even a debate ffs

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If all players are fit then Jack,Davis and Kamara start.

Lundstram next in line and then Aribo/Arfield.

That’s not even a debate ffs

i agree that's our strongest 3 that's not a debate, but i would start Aribo before Lundstram and Arfield for sure.