*****Official Dundee Hibs v The Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Lundstram is clearly not up to speed. Fashion no doubt kept for Malmø. Kamara wasnt great, but movement in front of him non existent. Aribo was our best player and was moved to midfield as we needed to change it up upfront. We were very poor.. players not yet started the season. Very poor.

Whilst I agree, players shouldn't be getting kept for fuck all.

On the chance we don't get past Malmo, Gerrard has to realise winning the league should always be priority, especially this season when winning it means automatic qualification for the CL group stages. 

Stop fucking about with the team selection! 

Shite day today 

First domestic league defeat in 40.

Need a boot in the balls it wasn't going to go on forever but advantage gone already.

Gerrard better kick baws but he also needs to stop this rotation shite. We won the league with a fairly settled 11. It's what breeds consistency. That and nae crowds apparently 

3 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

Think Davis Kamara and Lundstram(who was non existent) are all the same type of players they'll not bust a gut to get into the box. Arfield would've been suited today instead of Lundstram.

In the spl we should be playing with only one proper sitting midfielder and that should be Kamara. Davis is past his best and on todays performance cant play week in and week out and lundstram looks like he doesnt know what he is doing. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

GET VEERMAN IN!   Fuck me, we were crying out for creativity from the midfield today. 
Lundstram is shite. If he was any good, it should’ve been shown by now. Nothing there.

I do agree with the Veerman part. Lundstram I'm not sure about yet. He needs time to settle into being a Rangers player in a Rangers team.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Resting Sakala whilst playing a 36 yr old Davis 4 games in 10 days. Some logic that??

Mind boggling mate. Something isn’t right. Undefeated last season and 2 games in we're already beat? Cunts living on their laurels I fear. 3 holding midfielders against dross today. Worrying times indeed. 

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

Got to ask why he is only getting 10 mins.

Manager would need to answer that but today I would imagine it was to get as much game time into Alfredo before Malmo. I honestly think the boy gets a lot of unfair criticism. He's done OK when he's been called imo. 

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Whilst I agree, players shouldn't be getting kept for fuck all.

On the chance we don't get past Malmo, Gerrard has to realise winning the league should always be priority, especially this season when winning it means automatic qualification for the CL group stages. 

Stop fucking about with the team selection! 

Agree with this 

This season is also worth more than last season from a monetary point of view 

I don't understand the squad rotation we are doing.  Why are we happy to rotate the goalkeeper but Davis at his age is expected to play every game, also Tav and Kent who do a ton of running are starting every game when it's obvious we need to rotate them to keep them fresh.  The fact we are also still hoping that Defoe will somehow magically roll back the years to win a game where the midfield is creating nothing.  Defoe should not even be a squad option, he's now essentially a coach.

Really hoped we would strengthen our midfield for this season, it was the number one priority.

Wanted a Jack type given his injury problems and a younger Arfield type ideally.

We got Lundstrum who is managing to both give goals away and do fuck all going forward so far.  His first instinct seems to be to play the simple pass and run away.  

Need Jack back fit so badly, and Stephen Kelly should be ahead of Lundstrum until he gets to the level expected of a Rangers midfielder.

8 minutes ago, Lovenkrands72 said:

Your probably right mate but I’m not going to write him off just yet although he does seem to be quite lazy when it comes to picking up runners. Hopefully he will settle in at some point and get his finger out 

Don’t see it mate. 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Pretty sure lundstram is the exact opposite tho, he made his name being the energetic b2b player busting a gut to get ahead of the forwards and literally covering every blade of grass in the park.

That's down to the way he's being asked to play more than anything. Not saying he's good enough nor bad enough for us but that's the reality 

Yup, we dont play a box to box midfielder role, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What would veerman do when he's part of the sitting 3 and theirs 9 orange shirts in front of him and only 3 blue, meanwhile he has 4 blue shirts in line with him for a sideways pass

Games like this pass guys like veerman by, we needed late runners into the box like arfield used to do, guys who break the lines and force united into moving their shape

I have no idea how you can come up with that assessment based on nothing.

Just now, RFC55 said:

Shite day today 

First domestic league defeat in 40.

Need a boot in the balls it wasn't going to go on forever but advantage gone already.

Gerrard better kick baws but he also needs to stop this rotation shite. We won the league with a fairly settled 11. It's what breeds consistency. That and nae crowds apparently 

Easy to single out individuals, which people will always do, but the bigger problem is that collectively every player still looks miles off the pace required for competitive football. Far too slow on the ball, taking extra touches, slow to get back in position. That’s the concern as much as anything else.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No, we performed like we did 2 years ago.

Tav and Goldson Stinking.

Barasic looks absolutely fucked.

3 CDM’s

Two wingers who want to come into feet but both piss poor.

Reactive subs.

That is exactly how it looked to me as well, which is a little concerning. 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

We created more than them....

That produced what ?

They weren't good enough today and that was entirely down to poor performances all over the park allied with a piss poor distribution of the ball.