John Lundstram

The Dude

My opinion is his mentality isn’t t right yet.

He’s gone from Sheff Utd where expectations where poor too here where we must win. I don’t think he was that winner’s mentality and the desire to grab the game, hopefully Davis, McGregor etc can help install that. 

Also I’ve noticed he always likes to take an extra touch and have that extra second on the ball, that’s ok in the English game as it more technical and interceptions are more common than blood and thunder that sums up Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Gameboy said:

My opinion is his mentality isn’t t right yet.

He’s gone from Sheff Utd where expectations where poor too here where we must win. I don’t think he was that winner’s mentality and the desire to grab the game, hopefully Davis, McGregor etc can help install that. 

Also I’ve noticed he always likes to take an extra touch and have that extra second on the ball, that’s ok in the English game as it more technical and interceptions are more common than blood and thunder that sums up Scottish football.

Actually thought the European games would suit him more for more time on the ball 

He made a good entrance and played a part on the 4th.
I think he needs to work on his fitness too I don't think he's ready yet. With time, I'm sure he could be a good squad player.

7 minutes ago, NL said:

He made a good entrance and played a part on the 4th.
I think he needs to work on his fitness too I don't think he's ready yet. With time, I'm sure he could be a good squad player.

But if the money we are alleged to be giving him we need more than a squad player ffs.

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

You’re like a squad player in your relationship Jon, not good enough 

Fucking harsh :huh:. I've put twelve years in now so am allowed to rest my arse in a bier garten bench for a while. Plus I am not registered for the squad over here!

Rumors that Landstram is on excess of £20,000 ffs.

16 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Lucky lad. Any idea how much Lundstram is on ?

Okay Lundstram but if that rumor of the wage is true seems mighty high for what we have seen so far. Hope he gets up to speed. I know he came from a top end championship / premier League team but the wage means he is amongst our higher earners. If it's true of course.

1 minute ago, KaiserJon said:

Okay Lundstrum but if that rumor of the wage is true seems mighty high for what we have seen so far. Hope he gets up to speed. I know he came from a top end championship / premier League team but the wage means he is amongst our higher earners. If it's true of course.

It's not high for a Premier league player. And if we're attracting players from that league I'd imagine they'd be high up our pay scale so any difference in wages is minimal.  I'd be more surprised if he wasn't on that sort of figure.

11 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Okay Lundstram but if that rumor of the wage is true seems mighty high for what we have seen so far. Hope he gets up to speed. I know he came from a top end championship / premier League team but the wage means he is amongst our higher earners. If it's true of course.

Not that much to be fair given we got him for free. £3 million all in over 3 years.

1 minute ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Not that much to be fair given we got him for free. £3 million all in over 3 years.

Okay fair point. 👍 Probably me being frustrated with what I have seen so far and the stupidity of what he did last Thursday. As I said hope he gets up to speed soon.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's not high for a Premier league player. And if we're attracting players from that league I'd imagine they'd be high up our pay scale so any difference in wages is minimal.  I'd be more surprised if he wasn't on that sort of figure.

He's not a Premier League player any more. What is Arfield on? He was also a Premier League player

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He's not a Premier League player any more. What is Arfield on? He was also a Premier League player

He's not, but we've attracted a player from that league who could likely have got another club in that league or the championship which is commonly reported to pay more than many Scottish clubs can offer.

Do you know how much hes on? Do you reckon its lower than £20k?

I don't know what Arfield is on. I do know that Ross McCormack was on £35k at several Championship teams 

Edit

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.wtfoot.com/salary-overview/sheffield-united-player-salaries-revealed/&ved=2ahUKEwi9sLSj5sbyAhXKT8AKHUb6Ch4QFnoECAQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw1jIcytTYMsn6YgMgTLattX

Though thislink  has JL on less than £5K pw 😳😳😳 at SU

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's not, but we've attracted a player from that league who could likely have got another club in that league or the championship which is commonly reported to pay more than many Scottish clubs can offer.

Do you know how much hes on? Do you reckon its lower than £20k?

I don't know what Arfield is on. I do know that Ross McCormack was on £35k at several Championship teams 

I'd be stunned if he's on less than 20k.

Who else was he linked with? Only other real interest I saw mentioned was Burnley.

11 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

But if the money we are alleged to be giving him we need more than a squad player ffs.

I agree with you, for that kind of wages he should bring more and better than what we are seeing right now. But like I said, I really think he is not fit at all looking at his shape on the field.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'd be stunned if he's on less than 20k.

Who else was he linked with? Only other real interest I saw mentioned was Burnley.

I'm sure I read West Ham at one stage.

He said he was eager to come and play European football which is a big attraction to those who havent sampled it before. But I doubt he's taking a pay packet hit for the opportunity to do so with us 

16 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

Fucking harsh :huh:. I've put twelve years in now so am allowed to rest my arse in a bier garten bench for a while. Plus I am not registered for the squad over here!

Rumors that Landstram is on excess of £20,000 ffs.

Shocking price for a pint of bier.