*****Official Champions v Dunfermline Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

8 hours ago, The Monk said:

I’ve ran out of patience with Itten tbh, I think he’s a decent player technically and a good finisher but can’t lead the line anywhere near the same level as Morelos and it’s no coincidence we seem to look a far worse team whenever he starts.

Been waiting for him to have a breakthrough moment like Barisic v St Mirren but just don’t see it happening for him. He’ll probably do well at another team but just not the right fit with us.

How did we do against united last weekend when morelos led the line for the full game? 

Play our strongest team and try to take +5 off them and build some momentum. mini crisis is forming and it needs to be nipped in the bud now. You see the self belief over the city since they beat a poor team in Europe and a even worse Dundee now they believe they will challenge. Our issue is poor performances and mind set let’s get a commanding win and start building both back up and start our much needed winning run.

30 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Your right, we’d have surely won if Itten was playing instead.

Never said that, i only asked how we did against united with morelos leading the line? 

Sometimes you need to look at whats around the player before having a go at the player, malmo away we spent the whole time itten was on trying to play through them, the minute we swap itten for sakala we start going down the sides and throwing balls into the box, 

I want us to be absolutely relentless tonight. I dont want the foot off the gas after going 3-0 before half time. I want top gear, foot down, nonstop hammering. It's the least this team can give us after this past week. Aim for double digits and give zero remorse to the team in front of us. Send a very small message that we aren't going to bottle the cups this season.

Just now, writingranger said:

Time for some inventive play. Practise going through the low block as well as around it. Pull opposition defenders out of their shape with good runs, incisive passes etc. I don't know why they haven't thought of that 🤔 😀

Because Beale-ball comes first and nothing else comes second.

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I want us to be absolutely relentless tonight. I dont want the foot off the gas after going 3-0 before half time. I want top gear, foot down, nonstop hammering. It's the least this team can give us after this past week. Aim for double digits and give zero remorse to the team in front of us. Send a very small message that we aren't going to bottle the cups this season.

3-0 before half time, the way we've played we'll be lucky to have 3 shots on target before half time

Unless he completely stuffa dunfermline by changing our setup

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Never said that, i only asked how we did against united with morelos leading the line? 

Sometimes you need to look at whats around the player before having a go at the player, malmo away we spent the whole time itten was on trying to play through them, the minute we swap itten for sakala we start going down the sides and throwing balls into the box, 

We were shite last week because the whole team was shite, what I’m trying to say is that save for maybe Lech Poznań away we seem to look a considerably weaker team whenever Itten starts compared to Morelos even when we were on good form last season and it can’t just be coincidental.

He’s come off the bench and scored some good goals for us but we need more than that and we have still yet to really see any evidence of note that he can be more than that for us.

7 minutes ago, The Monk said:

We were shite last week because the whole team was shite, what I’m trying to say is that save for maybe Lech Poznań away we seem to look a considerably weaker team whenever Itten starts compared to Morelos even when we were on good form last season and it can’t just be coincidental.

He’s come off the bench and scored some good goals for us but we need more than that and we have still yet to really see any evidence of note that he can be more than that for us.

Sometimes it's not whether a player is better or not it's whether the team and he are on the same wave length. When alfie first came every run was offside. It takes time to gain that understanding and way of playing.

McLaughlin

Patterson Goldson Helander Borna

Kelly Kamara

Aribo

Roofe Morelos Kent

Try get some confidence into these players n build on it with convincing wins v Alashkert and County and we will be in  good place come the Old Firm.

Time for a few changes for me. I'd be playing Patterson and Bassey as both Tav and Borna have looked a bit leggy. They shouldn't at this stage of the season, but they do. Resting Kent and Morelos wouldn't be a bad idea with the importance of Thursday ahead of us. Couldn't care less who plays in midfield, we should have enough to play them off the park. Centre backs, I'd play Goldson and Helander with the hope that they perform well enough to get the slots on Thursday.

11 hours ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Spot on - Best striker we had during preseason and now can’t get a look in which is strange as we have now become a team struggling to score….  

*only striker in preseason, and aside from a couple of tap ins offered fuck all to make me think he’s a Rangers no. 9.