Covid rumours - NOW CONFIRMED

GOAT

1 hour ago, TartanTeddy said:

Stevie Clarke quoted as saying McLaughlin wasn't included in the Scotland squad as he had 'a wee problem' to deal with - so I think it's fair to say that he (and maybe we can assume by association, McGregor?) is likely to be out.

So could be McCrorie or Firth for the next few games

Surely the two first choice keepers wont be close contacts with each other, training outdoors they'll not exactly be tackling each other etc, and they don't live together, 

And given mclaughlin didnt travel to dingwall, its not like he could sit next to shagger 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely the two first choice keepers wont be close contacts with each other, training outdoors they'll not exactly be tackling each other etc, and they don't live together, 

And given mclaughlin didnt travel to dingwall, its not like he could sit next to shagger 

They might have both been close contacts to the goalkeeping coach though.

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Depends. Some jobs will dictate you require certain jabs to do your job. Sure the forces do. No jabs, no deployment. 

It will depend what’s in the original contract and that’s what HR will be looking at just now, as are the legislators. Australia have just brought it in for certain sectors like care.

22 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not only that, but it will have an impact on European travel for games.

Right now I think the sports exemption still exists as sports people have not been able to jump the queue for vaccines, so they can travel to other countries without obeying the same rules these countries apply to regular visitors.

I would expect that they could change their stance on this and insist players are double jabbed or medically exempt.

I certainly wont be happy if there are players in our team sitting on £1000's a week, who cant play for us in European Away fixtures because they have chosen not to get a jab.

I was thinking more about their Ibiza pool parties to be honest!

36 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Can’t force anyone to get vaccinated but if their choice results in us being unable to put a decent line up, can’t expect us to be thrilled.

Anyway, hopefully we’re all just fearing the worst and the news isn’t too bad.

They can’t force them but they’re trying to change the law so if you don’t take it, you don’t have a job. 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

It will depend what’s in the original contract and that’s what HR will be looking at just now, as are the legislators. Australia have just brought it in for certain sectors like care.

Wont really matter if it is in the contract to be honest.

I think the EPL are stating every player has to be jabbed by 1st Oct. Not sure if they will go through with it or not though.

If players refuse the vaccine without having a medical exemption and it stops them from fulfilling games, then they would be more likely be seen to be in the wrong for refusing to take adequate steps for fulfilling their contractual obligations.

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Depends. Some jobs will dictate you require certain jabs to do your job. Sure the forces do. No jabs, no deployment. 

Not too sure about Scotland, but in England from 19th November all staff and contractors working in NHS and CQC controlled premises (which includes private care homes) have to prove they are double jabbed or are exempt, or else they cannot enter the premises. The only exception will be for emergency maintenance work.  

I am not sure of the ramifications for the employee if they do not have the jabs or exemption,