Covid rumours - NOW CONFIRMED

GOAT

4 minutes ago, stevemac said:

can't force anyone to get it. neither can the club. and they couldn't punish in any way shape or form any player or staff member that does not want it either. It's a choice 

I know you can't - it's why I've said how can they be so stupid to make that choice. 

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

Steve Clarke said McLaughlin has "a little issue at Rangers." 

Maybe alluding to being one of the players.

I remember last season when celtic had a few out and the lists going around changed all the time, at one point there was a list saying it was only really youngsters and reserves that had it. I won't be getting my hopes up until I see the team that's gone to Armenia.

He is one 

50 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Unless individual players refused to have the jab then the club should have had them all double jabbed by now - negative pcr test and away you go again. If the club has access to vaccinations and haven’t had them done it’s negligent 

I did see somewhere that Warnock had said jab uptake in the English championship is low. 

Now we’ve opened up a bit more this is going to be an issue all season and maybe beyond 

The club should not tolerate players refusing to have a jab any more than they would tolerate them refusing to go for a routine drugs test, or other medical procedure.

There is individual liberty, yes, but the players are part of a larger playing squad and organisation which must be protected. 

(as an aside, I cant believe vaccines are still an issue in this day and age: vaccines which eliminated stuff like smallpox and polio etc FFS)

Good point that this will rumble along all season and likely affect many clubs.

2 minutes ago, IanScott said:

The club should not tolerate players refusing to have a jab any more than they would tolerate them refusing to go for a routine drugs test, or other medical procedure.

There is individual liberty, yes, but the players are part of a larger playing squad and organisation which must be protected. 

(as an aside, I cant believe vaccines are still an issue in this day and age: vaccines which eliminated stuff like smallpox and polio etc FFS)

The vaccine is a choice nobody should be forced or coerced into putting something into their body they don’t want, players could probably claim breach of contract and tear them up if we tried to enforce it and rightly so. 

38 minutes ago, Brubear said:

The vaccine distribution was controlled through the NHS. To the best of my knowledge there was no private route.

Granted, I saw an article before saying you couldn't pay for a vaccine, but then its pretty clear that you can get anything medically if you are willing to pay.

As long as any players not vaccinated is only down to their place in a queue - and not refusal - then that would be fair enough.

Stevie Clarke quoted as saying McLaughlin wasn't included in the Scotland squad as he had 'a wee problem' to deal with - so I think it's fair to say that he (and maybe we can assume by association, McGregor?) is likely to be out.

So could be McCrorie or Firth for the next few games

Not to stir the pot, but you *can* get vaccinated privately if you have the money:

"It was revealed last week that super rich Brits are paying a concierge service to be flown overseas to get private vaccines.

Knightsbridge Circle, a £25,000-a-year private members club, is flying its clients to India and UAE, often on private jets, for luxurious vaccination holidays.

But the club claims it will only prioritise people who ‘really need it’.

And a London-based luxury property firm was found to be offering GP surgeries £5,000 per dose of the jab in order for its staff to jump the queue."

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/19/can-i-pay-to-get-the-covid-vaccine-13928123/

That info is from January, so its probably even easier now.

Fit, healthy young men dont have much to fear I guess: but if I was a club manager or board member of a big, wealthy club, I would want my squad vaccinated pronto to avoid damaging our trophy chances and to avoid paying 1000s per week to ppl with long covid.

16 minutes ago, IanScott said:

:belm:

Choice, choice choice. Fine it's a choice but it's a stupid one if you choose not to take it considering the impact it has on them, the club, people around them and our fight against future variants.

This vaccine has been through the same been through the normal and very stringent NHS ethics and safety approvals, just much faster. There is literally no reason not to take this vaccine - unless you're medically exempt. People will happily smash fast food, cheap lager and refined sugar or whatever else into their body but are concerned about a medically approved vaccine which will protect them and others around them from serious illness. Right you are. 

A football player surrounded by top level medics and doctors should be getting the best advice and it's on the club to make sure of that. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Choice, choice choice. Fine it's a choice but it's a stupid one if you choose not to take it considering the impact it has on them, the club, people around them and our fight against future variants.

This vaccine has been through the same been through the normal and very stringent NHS ethics and safety approvals, just much faster. There is literally no reason not to take this vaccine - unless you're medically exempt. People will happily smash fast food, cheap lager and refined sugar or whatever else into their body but are concerned about a medically approved vaccine which will protect them and others around them from serious illness. Right you are. 

A football player surrounded by top level medics and doctors should be getting the best advice and it's on the club to make sure of that. 

Nobody ever complains about 'experimental' stuff when we're having fundraisers to send some kid to America for experimental cancer treatment etc.