Club Statement

Jamie29

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Irish is not a race either btw why can’t the club challenge this shite, stinking IRA loving vermin bastards are about as Irish as a can of a tennents anyway, dangerous precedent pandering to this shite and and banning fans away from the stadium, that’s twice in a week now will we see that mob do the same? think we all know the answer there. 

It isn't up to the Club to challenge the law.  Why don't the fans challenge it themselves?   The famine song was deemed racist years ago.   

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It isn't up to the Club to challenge the law.  Why don't the fans challenge it themselves?   The famine song was deemed racist years ago.   

Just think the clubs setting a dangerous precedent here, we’ve already seen a supporters club bus banned and now this all within a week all to appease who 🤷🏻‍♂️ What’s the outcome of these internal investigations? How many tarrier fans were banned when Morelos was clearly abused? we’re starting to look like easy targets again, ask questions ov the double standards and a lot of these “allegations” disappear imo. 

Just now, plumbGER said:

The thing that gets me us when they try to attach the anti-catholic bit to the famine song, my dads side of the family were working class Protestants from Coleraine and they were affected by it.

Yep, that is a fact that is ignored by the accusers.  

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Just think the clubs setting a dangerous precedent here, we’ve already seen a supporters club bud banned and now this all within a week all to appease who 🤷🏻‍♂️ What’s the outcome of these internal investigations? How many tarrier fans were banned when Morelos was clearly abused? we’re starting to look like easy targets again, ask questions ov the double standards and a lot of these “allegations” disappear imo. 

Wee read on this forum you can see why we’re an easy target.

What about the traffic 🤣

soft as fuck.  

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Just think the clubs setting a dangerous precedent here, we’ve already seen a supporters club bud banned and now this all within a week all to appease who 🤷🏻‍♂️ What’s the outcome of these internal investigations? How many tarrier fans were banned when Morelos was clearly abused? we’re starting to look like easy targets again, ask questions ov the double standards and a lot of these “allegations” disappear imo. 

The Club basically alluded to double standards in their statement.  The problem is, our fans have posted the "Kyogo" song online themselves which was gross stupidity.  The famine song being belted out by a few hundred on film in a public street was another own goal.

I thought the Famine Song and the Nakamura song were amusing football rivalry banter and not racist.  Both were aimed at the dark side and their fans, nothing else.  But laws have been made now where anyone can be offended by anything.  The SNP have now introduced a law that can find you guilty in the confines of your own home if someone reports it.  That is what society in general and Rangers fans in particular are up against now.  

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The Club basically alluded to double standards in their statement.  The problem is, our fans have posted the "Kyogo" song online themselves which was gross stupidity.  The famine song being belted out by a few hundred on film in a public street was another own goal.

I thought the Famine Song and the Nakamura song were amusing football rivalry banter and not racist.  Both were aimed at the dark side and their fans, nothing else.  But laws have been made now where anyone can be offended by anything.  The SNP have now introduced a law that can find you guilty in the confines of your own home if someone reports it.  That is what society in general and Rangers fans in particular are up against now.  

I know mate but as I say I hope the club are just playing lip service and aren’t vilifying fans as we’ll never be on an even playing field. 

7 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

The club has no choice. If this kind of thing keeps up we will  eventually see action being taken against the club and nothing we can say will stop it.

It is simply not acceptable to March down a street singing about immigrants from any country being told to go home. Yes I think that equally applies to the anti English sentiment displayed by many up there but 2 wrongs don’t make a right .

We can hardly demand action for acts against our players if we condone this.

What about mass gathering inciting English/British  hatred? 

4 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

The club has no choice. If this kind of thing keeps up we will  eventually see action being taken against the club and nothing we can say will stop it.

It is simply not acceptable to March down a street singing about immigrants from any country being told to go home. Yes I think that equally applies to the anti English sentiment displayed by many up there but 2 wrongs don’t make a right .

We can hardly demand action for acts against our players if we condone this.

The club don’t know who took part in March or if it is a fake video,if they were consistent then they should have condemned the players who were accused of singing sweet Caroline with the addons . The scum regularly March from celtic supporters club to paedodome with no complaints from outraged msps and in the last one they were videotaped dancing on top of a police van but no arrests. What action can be taken against the club for actions in the city centre? Apologists like you do the scums work for them.

36 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I agree with you that if one is racist then so is the other.  The famine song was deemed racist about 10 years or so ago.  

As much as I would like to agree with this, I dont think it is right. It is an over simplification.

In one you are talking about sending back essentially refugees hundreds of years after they fled a famine.

In the other, it is a song about repelling an army. This would be like saying that the 'german bomber' song was racist.

Wait.......

https://fanbanter.co.uk/offensive-chant-will-see-england-fans-banned-by-the-fa-if-sung-at-wembley/

Ive actually edited my post before posting. Looks like that song is indeed now off limits. Guess the flower of scotland lyrics also fit the bill then.