Club Statement

Jamie29

2 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

I honestly, do not see the issue with the song. The famine is over why don’t you go home? It’s clearly a laugh at if you don’t like it here then go to ireland. Pathetic in my opinion, but if people are offended then fair enough everyone is entitled to an opinion. 

However, I don’t even know if the videos going about are real, too much “dubbed” videos going about these days it’s hard to tell. 

The club do though, or at least act like they do for PR purposes. 

Fanbase either need to get onboard with the message, or continue to damage our football club. 

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Did the SFA have to  apologise for the Tartan Armys pre game behaviour in London.

Did the SNP MP’s tweet or demand action about the trouble, Anti- English racism or the mess left in London?

Did the English squeal blue murder about it?

This is what people here seem to be missing.

Their scummy fans have made it an issue by lobbying. We dont. We use it as whatabouterry which can be brushed off.

They simply play this game better than us. You either have to make a choice, dont sing naughty songs, or become massively offended by any  digression of theirs, call phone ins, call tv shows, write to MPs.

I choose to not sing the naughty songs. I find the mock offence angle utterly pathetic to be honest, never mind it being too much fucking bother.

If you keep singing the songs, then quite frankly you deserve to be banned for the utter stupidity of falling into their trap.

4 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

I honestly, do not see the issue with the song. The famine is over why don’t you go home? It’s clearly a laugh at if you don’t like it here then go to ireland. Pathetic in my opinion, but if people are offended then fair enough everyone is entitled to an opinion. 

However, I don’t even know if the videos going about are real, too much “dubbed” videos going about these days it’s hard to tell. 

This is deemed as sectarian/racist these days.

Trump literally got pulled up for the very same thing a while back for telling some Black American politicians to go home if they didnt like America. That was indeed racist.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The club do though, or at least act like they do for PR purposes. 

Fanbase either need to get onboard with the message, or continue to damage our football club. 

true.

as others have said, we should start getting offended more and tag the police on Twitter when they sing about a terrorist group (fucking hilarious when they tag the polis) 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No it’s not very clear. Why can’t any cunt be completely honest about this song.  Because you avoided saying the word Catholic- reading your explanation you could be talking about the fucking British Raj in India in the mid 1800’s 😂

It’s not about Catholicism, that’s the whole point.

You have a group of people (forget the fact that the majority are RC) who feel more connected (brainwashing or romanticised dogshite, take your pick) to another country which their families were apparently forced to leave many generations ago.

The catalyst for that Exodus has gone yet, rather than re-migrate to this idyllic home, they would rather stay in the country that wronged them and just agitate.

Personally, I don’t understand it and wish they WOULD leave, preferably taking their Palestinian (?) flags and their inadequate hygiene with them.

Those who bring Catholicism into this are missing the point.

Instead of being faux-Irish, why not go there and be the real deal, whatever religion you are?

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Did the English squeal blue murder about it?

This is what people here seem to be missing.

Their scummy fans have made it an issue by lobbying. We dont. We use it as whatabouterry which can be brushed off.

They simply play this game better than us. You either have to make a choice, dont sing naughty songs, or become massively offended by any  digression of theirs, call phone ins, call tv shows, write to MPs.

I choose to not sing the naughty songs. I find the mock offence angle utterly pathetic to be honest, never mind it being too much fucking bother.

If you keep singing the songs, then quite frankly you deserve to be banned for the utter stupidity of falling into their trap.

So it’s only racism if the English complain about it. Is that what you’re saying?

These moral crusaders only seem to be interested in one set of fans and one club.

Funny that.

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They didn’t have to. Rangers didn’t have to either. The club has chosen to. They are running an anti racist / bigotry / discrimination campaign. They want to put out a strong message it isn’t acceptable. It’s not fucking hard to get your head round is it?

The SNP, Scottish Gov and most of their public services are a disgrace, not getting any argument from me on that. 

So to confirm, any video circulating online of a Rangers fan singing a naughty song, wherever it is,  you think we should be apologising publicly for?

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

It’s not about Catholicism, that’s the whole point.

You have a group of people (forget the fact that the majority are RC) who feel more connected (brainwashing or romanticised dogshite, take your pick) to another country which their families were apparently forced to leave many generations ago.

The catalyst for that Exodus has gone yet, rather than re-migrate to this idyllic home, they would rather stay in the country that wronged them and just agitate.

Personally, I don’t understand it and wish they WOULD leave, preferably taking their Palestinian (?) flags and their inadequate hygiene with them.

Those who bring Catholicism into this are missing the point.

Instead of being faux-Irish, why not go there and be the real deal, whatever religion you are?

Not sure I understand. There’s reference to “from Ireland they came”

“Athenry Mike” “They’ve all their papists in Rome” “now Timmy……”

collaboration between Irish catholics helping the Nazi war effort 

but aye - it’s not really about the immigration of catholics to the uk because of a famine it’s about if you don’t like it here fuck off back to

Australia, Canada, India, Pakistan et al…..

Your kidding yourself on Colin. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

So it’s only racism if the English complain about it. Is that what you’re saying?

These moral crusaders only seem to be interested in one set of fans and one club.

Funny that.

Basically, yes.

It is a political issue because they have spent the last decade driving it to be a political issue. We have not.

As a fan base, we genuinely dont make a fuss if we are called shit. We brush it off and only ever roll it out when we want to say "They do it too!", which is always on the back of an already written headline about us being bigots.

We have 3 options:-

1. Stop singing the songs, and let them sing whatever they like.

2. Stop singing the songs and then squeal about the songs they sing and make it a political issue.

3. Keep singing the songs, damage the club and possibly get a lifetime ban.

There is quite simply not an option where it will be acceptable to continue singing the songs and not face punishments for it.

No amount of saying "they do it too!" will make it acceptable to sing these songs. This is the part that people seem not to get. No excuse will allow the songs to stay without punishment. They have to go! They are not acceptable in the modern world.

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Basically, yes.

It is a political issue because they have spent the last decade driving it to be a political issue. We have not.

As a fan base, we genuinely dont make a fuss if we are called shit. We brush it off and only ever roll it out when we want to say "They do it too!", which is always on the back of an already written headline about us being bigots.

We have 3 options:-

1. Stop singing the songs, and let them sing whatever they like.

2. Stop singing the songs and then squeal about the songs they sing and make it a political issue.

3. Keep singing the songs, damage the club and possibly get a lifetime ban.

There is quite simply not an option where it will be acceptable to continue singing the songs and not face punishments for it.

No amount of saying "they do it too!" will make it acceptable to sing these songs. This is the part that people seem not to get. No excuse will allow the songs to stay without punishment. They have to go! They are not acceptable in the modern world.

:lol: 

36 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is simple really.

They squeal blue murder about how offended they are and push it as a big fuckign deal.

We only say "Aye but they do it too".

If we want them to be pulled up as much as we do, then we have to collectively as a group 'become massively offended' by it.

They in giant numbers phone in to radio and TV programmes. They write to MPs. They lodge complaints with Ofcom. They simply absolutely destroy us on the PR game.

We dont. We turn the other cheek. We refuse to fake any mock offense. Commendable as it may be, it is going to see us lose any fight that we get into with them.

They kick up enough of a stink that they will be able to call us 'orange bastards' and get away with it, whilst if anyone dares to insult their plastic paddy credentials, they will be punished massively.

You may not think it is fair, but it is how the world works. Rangers fans have to either play their game on their terms and join in the mock offence line. Or simply accept we cant insult them and they can insult us.

There really is no option where you are still allowed to sing sectarian shit at them. That is done, its over. Anyone that does it is a fucking moron and runs the risk of being deservedly banned (deservedly due to stupidity). 

Exactly as it happened (and is still happening) over here in Northern Ireland!

About 15 years or so ago they started a campaign to get The Billy Boys banned aided and abetted by the media here..and it worked. They even bombarded Uefa with complaints after Uefa first of all said the song was not particularly offensive and was a Scottish football rivalry issue...They succeeded in getting our best song banned and they won't stop until stands are closed and people (Rangers fans) are jailed. For singing at a football match. 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

:lol: 

Laugh if you want, but its demonstrably true.

They have kicked up such a shit storm that they are allowed to call us whatever they want and we cant do the same back.

They have fought a massive PR battle for the last decade and now most neutrals think that we are bigots and that they are the poor oppressed victims.

I think it is utter bullshit built on a bed of mock offence, but there is no going back. 

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure I understand. There’s reference to “from Ireland they came”

“Athenry Mike” “They’ve all their papists in Rome” “now Timmy……”

collaboration between Irish catholics helping the Nazi war effort 

but aye - it’s not really about the immigration of catholics to the uk because of a famine it’s about if you don’t like it here fuck off back to

Australia, Canada, India, Pakistan et al…..

Your kidding yourself on Colin. 

Your grasp of the song has improved significantly in the last couple of pages, I must say. Seems only a post or two ago, you were asking someone to tell you the words.

:pipe:

Individuals will have their own understanding or interpretation but the core message (the stick we are most often beaten with) of “the famine’s over, why don’t you go home?” is, in my mind, a mockery of the faux-uber-Irishness exhibited by people who would struggle to find Ireland on a map.

It is that simple and retrospective re-interpretation to extract deeper meaning than that is dishonest and entirely deliberate on the part of our enemies. You play into their hands by tacitly supporting this deception. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I bow to your hastily acquired and extensive appreciation of the full lyrics but would suggest that your average Rangers supporter would struggle to quote anything beyond the mocking chorus.

If you think most bluenoses have knowledge and understanding of the full lyrics, you’re the one kidding yourself on.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

The folk pretending to be offended at it are arseholes, but the folk who continue to sing it knowing it damages the club are worse.

Keep they songs for your buses or clubs.

Don't do it at the ground

Don't sing they songs on yer buses.

Even fucking worse judge Judy on here wants cunts banned if they commit a crime and they're in anyway linked to Rangers 

This 'protestants suffered in the famine' thing is irrelevant. That's not who the song is aimed at. It's quite clearly an anti Irish immigrant 'if you don't like it fuck off' song and it's the absolute definition of mental gymnastics the way folk defend it. You simply can't be telling an ethnic group to fuck off home any more. It's stupid as fuck. It gets us a bad name. People that sing it deserve what they get for being so stupid.

13 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Not sure how you can’t hear it, as I say it’s clear as day to me in the second video. 

I listened a few times mate and it’s just not clear to me. The next time the goon brigade do a match and if they are not chanting abuse then someone needs to do a dubbed video from their previous chants. As much as they might get cleared any chant will will be reported and will be recognised as them from before and this is the dark arts that these cunts are involved with wullie wanker and we need to respond in kind.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This 'protestants suffered in the famine' thing is irrelevant. That's not who the song is aimed at. It's quite clearly an anti Irish immigrant 'if you don't like it fuck off' song and it's the absolute definition of mental gymnastics the way folk defend it. You simply can't be telling an ethnic group to fuck off home any more. It's stupid as fuck. It gets us a bad name. People that sing it deserve what they get for being so stupid.

But, but it's "satire" Inigo. That was about a hundred cultural satirists marching through the town on Saturday, not the UB.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No, I don’t. The club do. What are you not getting here? 

I doubt very much that Rangers would comment on a video from on idiot saying something sectarian. Possible but not likely.

However if there is a big fucking group of Rangers fans, singing a song deemed sectarian and illegal as they make their way to the ground to watch the game, it becomes an entirely bigger profile matter.

I dont even know what the point of the fans singing this song is. We know it is not actually offending them, they thrive off it, they want us singing these songs so that they can batter us about in the press and damage the club.

It is utterly fucking moronic from our fans.