Club Statement

Jamie29

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The club are in no way responsible for anything that occurs in the city centre.

I still think that the audio has been dubbed over the video. Not like they don't have previous for that kind of behaviour. 

Storm in a tea cup springs to mind. 

Correct, they aren’t. 

However, they don’t want people who commit crimes, act in a sectarian / racist manner or embarrass the club in the stadium anymore. 

They can’t be any clearer about it. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Correct, they aren’t. 

However, they don’t want people who commit crimes, act in a sectarian / racist manner or embarrass the club in the stadium anymore. 

Is it any crimes we are on about here?

Just now, RFC55 said:

Is it any crimes we are on about here?

There’s been guys arrested / cautioned for the Kyogo bus incident last week, and the club said they’re working with police to identify those singing the famine song. That song was also classed as racist by the law makers a number of years ago. 

So, I’d assume yes.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There’s been guys arrested / cautioned for the Kyogo bus incident last week, and the club said they’re working with police to identify those singing the famine song. That song was also classed as racist by the law makers a number of years ago. 

So, I’d assume yes.

I'm asking if it's any crime that Rangers don't want fans being associated with?

If the guy goes shoplifting and the papers report he's a Rangers fan and it turns out he's a ST holder should he be binned?

Or is it a case a crimes committed on the day of a game where you may or may not be going to a game?

12 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Yes.

It's meant as a pisstake. The famine didn't only effect Catholics and nor was it only Catholics who came here. No matter how much they go on about it. Rangers fans and we'll known loyalist leaning groups donated to a famine memorial ffs.

Its basically a song saying if you hate here that much then the famine is now over so you can go "home" to Ireland.

It's taking the piss out of cunts from castlemilk who think that Donegal is their spiritual home.

Shat it to @ me imo

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Correct, they aren’t. 

If a guy kicks a giraffe to death wearing Rangers shinguards do the club need to apologise for it? 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If a guy kicks a giraffe to death wearing Rangers shinguards do the club need to apologise for it? 

Probably not no. If they did it whilst singing an ‘anti catholic racist’ song on the way to the game, then maybe. 

I’m not saying I agree with it, but it’s the reality. 

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I'm asking if it's any crime that Rangers don't want fans being associated with?

If the guy goes shoplifting and the papers report he's a Rangers fan and it turns out he's a ST holder should he be binned?

Or is it a case a crimes committed on the day of a game where you may or may not be going to a game?

You’d have to ask Rangers to be honest.

Maybe is the answer, depends how closely / loosely linked the crime is to Rangers and the match day (rightly or wrongly). 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

You’d have to ask Rangers to be honest.

Maybe is the answer, depends how closely / loosely linked the crime is to Rangers and the match day (rightly or wrongly). 

So we should have a disclosure to get our season ticket?

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

So, I’d assume yes.

By lawmakers do you mean the SNP instigated that it should be classed as racist?

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Wouldn’t bother me as I’ve nothing to disclose. 

So anyone with say a fight in the town who is a Rangers fan could potentially have caused shame to Rangers so should be banned?

Gee yersel a shake mate ffs.

Cunts can get a PVG with previous convictions and your going on about people who potentially commit a crime which has fuck all to do with Rangers being banned from attending games :lol:

Catholics aren’t a race btw, tell a lie often enough and all that. Dornan, Stewart and Yousaf all players in the SNP are succeeding in making out sectarianism is a one way street and that anti-Catholic racism is a thing, which it isn’t, it’s part of the wider societal issues of sectarianism. 

12 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

So anyone with say a fight in the town who is a Rangers fan could potentially have caused shame to Rangers so should be banned?

Cunts can get a PVG with previous convictions and your going on about people who potentially commit a crime which has fuck all to do with Rangers being banned from attending games :lol:

Being a registered sex offender doesn’t bar you from employment at the chamber of secrets yet we are to believe that singing naughty songs should bar you from entry to Ibrox for life.

19 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I’m not going on about anything or asking for it. You’re bringing it up, I just said it wouldn’t bother me.

Take your faux outrage / grievance elsewhere. 

44 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Absolutely, the famine was in the mid 19th century and the famine song is a satirical piss take about the plastic paddies in Scotland. 

Ffs

24 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The song is fuelled by the the anti-British hatred of the scum support.

They support the cowardly IRA, despise our monarch, have nothing but contempt for this country’s traditions and spit on our flag.

Quite simply, they hate it here. Hence the message “if you’re so miserable, they why stay?”

The nearest most have ever got to Ireland is fucking Ardrossan.

What are the lyrics, could you post them please