Itten to Bundesliga on Loan - Confirmed

Broxi

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

A nice guy but totally unsuited to our normal style of play.    A bit of a mystery why we signed him because of that.  We'd have been better keeping Kamberi who was a better fit and a much cheaper option.     I'm now worried that we only have Morelos, Roofe and Sakala.   Defoe is well past it now in my opinion so I exclude him.  We are definitely short of striker options.

I reckon we signed him as we thought Morelos would be away last season with the Lille interest. I reckon Itten is a good player, we just haven't given him enough of a run and sometimes when we do we expect him to play the Alfredo role which doesn't suit him

Not a big loss. 

When called upon he rarely delivered. Morelos, Roofe and Sakala are obviously the preferred options with Defoe the back up if needed. 

Hopefully he kicks on at them and we can either get a better r player back or recoup our money. 

4 hours ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

I reckon we signed him as we thought Morelos would be away last season with the Lille interest. I reckon Itten is a good player, we just haven't given him enough of a run and sometimes when we do we expect him to play the Alfredo role which doesn't suit him

Totally wrong player for our system as far as I can see.  He looks more suited to the twin striker style which we don't play.  Itten isn't like Morelos or Roofe.  A mystery signing really.   

I'd have kept him. I think we're quite light up front. Roofe seems to struggle with injury, Defoe is mainly a coach now and I havent seen enough of Fashion to decide if he'll be a hit or a dud. Let's hope Morelos doesnt get injured anytime soon 

The boy could have been given a better chance. 15 minutes at the end of games we were struggling in. He had a good pre-season. He should have been playing in every game against weaker opposition to bring him up to speed. He was scoring for fun in the Swiss league before he came to us. 
Still after a season playing in Bundesliga at a higher standard than SPL he could return improved.

I hope we give Sakala a run of games and he gets a chance to establish himself.

23 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Absolutely useless a complete waste of money I saw enough after 3 appearance to know he wasn’t at the level we required and whoever scouted him should be sacked considering the fee we paid  I actually think he wasn’t watched live before we signed him instead our analysts looked at his stats and video clips and recommended him it happens too often in the modern game. Btw I think the rotten mob have done the same with there new signing from Holland strange no other side in for him despite being too scorer in Dutch league and cheap at 2.1m  very similar to Itten ! 

Totally agree, he's pish

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Don’t think he’s had enough game time to really know if he’s pish mate. Hopefully this move works out for him and us. 

I agree he's not had a huge,amount of game time, just looks very awkward at times, a bit like Peter Van Vossen

On 31/08/2021 at 17:59, JCDBigBear said:

A nice guy but totally unsuited to our normal style of play.    A bit of a mystery why we signed him because of that.  We'd have been better keeping Kamberi who was a better fit and a much cheaper option.     I'm now worried that we only have Morelos, Roofe and Sakala.   Defoe is well past it now in my opinion so I exclude him.  We are definitely short of striker options.

100%

Itten was an odd one, on paper it looked a great signing but it hasn’t worked out for him. 

With hindsight, keeping Kamberi for £200-300k was a better idea than signing Itten for 10X that. Kamberi wasn’t good enough to be a starter for us but he seemed to be a good impact player e.g. Novo.

Itten fell into that role, but I’d argue if he was given a consistent run of 15-20 games he had more talent and could have made himself a starter in the absence of Morelos. 

23 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Itten was an odd one, on paper it looked a great signing but it hasn’t worked out for him. 

With hindsight, keeping Kamberi for £200-300k was a better idea than signing Itten for 10X that. Kamberi wasn’t good enough to be a starter for us but he seemed to be a good impact player e.g. Novo.

Itten fell into that role, but I’d argue if he was given a consistent run of 15-20 games he had more talent and could have made himself a starter in the absence of Morelos. 

No

On 31/08/2021 at 17:59, JCDBigBear said:

I've got mixed feelings, now that he's away out I wish we had him in reserve, I've always been half expecting him to step it up to higher level. But, he's had the same chances as say Roofe who has definitely shown a lot more, thus far he's been underwhelming. I think a lot will depend on what we see from Sakala, will be watching Fashion Jr closely. 

23 hours ago, The Blues said:

The boy could have been given a better chance. 15 minutes at the end of games we were struggling in. He had a good pre-season. He should have been playing in every game against weaker opposition to bring him up to speed. He was scoring for fun in the Swiss league before he came to us. 
Still after a season playing in Bundesliga at a higher standard than SPL he could return improved.

I hope we give Sakala a run of games and he gets a chance to establish himself.

Last season was one of the most important seasons in our clubs history. It wasn’t really the time or place to be taking chances and giving players a chance to get up to speed. We needed our strongest team possible every week. 

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Last season was one of the most important seasons in our clubs history. It wasn’t really the time or place to be taking chances and giving players a chance to get up to speed. We needed our strongest team possible every week. 

Albeit mostly off the bench he still played 40 odd games, it's not as if he didn't have chances. He just didn't take his opportunities.

Take Patterson, Wright and Bassey this season as an example, 3 players who aren't deemed as starters but have taken their chances when they've got them and are all now going to be considered for selection going forward.

14 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Albeit mostly off the bench he still played 40 odd games, it's not as if he didn't have chances. He just didn't take his opportunities.

Take Patterson, Wright and Bassey this season as an example, 3 players who aren't deemed as starters but have taken their chances when they've got them and are all now going to be considered for selection going forward.

To use a MSM favourite, he always looked like he was in the wrong movie. Not quick enough, or intelligent enough to play upfront for us IMO (and I was defending him when people were writing him off early last season).

Hopefully he does well so we can get our money back for him.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

It could be argued he never got enough minutes on the park but I did think Itten was rotten. I would like him to score for fun in Germany and we the manager then gets an asset back. 

There’s a reason he didn’t get more minutes, he’s clearly not good enough. Can’t be handing out minutes just because he’s a nice guy or works hard. If he can’t push Morelos and Roofe to the limit then we need shot of him. 

He has one or two good moments, but just didn’t have it to play for Rangers IMO.