Goldson/Kamara

kelvd1873

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

We can't be signing desirable players for millions, them performing well, then leaving for nothing. 

At some point in the future we need to start selling players for a profit. We're almost the only club going that seem to be living in the past thinking we can't do it. It's going to have to happen. 

Buy low, sell high. 

For some reason we don't get good bids for our big players though. I personally thought 7m for our second choice right back was a good offer tbh. Could have got a good midfielder and striker for that.

5 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

I understand what you say mate but TBH I'm not going to blame him or Kamara, they are professionals and have to look after their own interests as it's a short career, if you or I had been offered 3-4 times our wages elsewhere then I know for certain I would take it without thinking, I do think it's a bit shitty not helping the club out by extending their contracts but that's the way it is with agents whispering in their ears and there's nothing we can do about it.

I agree with this but why don’t the players/s go to the club and say put me up for sale then? At least then the club that gave your career a lifeline will pocket some decent coin while you earn 3 to 4 times your salary? Thats basically what ajer done with them! 

Goldson either wants to run his contract down or have us pay him EPL type wages. He may get the former but not the latter. Either way it reflects poorly on him.

Kamara may just feel it's time to move on to a bigger league. Well we have got our 50k's worth out of him.

Not a good situation for either player to be in but if that's the way they want to play it then time to look at their replacements which I am sure Wilson is doing.

39 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

For some reason we don't get good bids for our big players though. I personally thought 7m for our second choice right back was a good offer tbh. Could have got a good midfielder and striker for that.

You're right. We can't keep holding onto players thinking they're going to turn into megastars. We need to start getting guys of ours down into the Premier league. If one of them then goes even bigger that's fine as long as we've got a sell on clause. 

We probably need to through the same phase sellik did which was selling the guys for probably less than they were worth, then once they had demonstrated they were bringing guys on they've gotten more money.

So for example selling Patterson for 7m say. Money in the bank and if he turns into a star and goes for 50 million, we get another 5 - 10 million in so we made over 10 million total. On the other hand he may prove to be a dud and then bingo we've sold at his top value. Or he may be really unlucky with injuries and we lose value that way. 

This all has to happen eventually, its a case of when not if. And the longer we are run like this the worse financially we'll do, and longer term probably be in the shit again. 

2 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Goldson's nowhere near as good a defender than he thinks he is and for some reason Gerrard can't see by him

Banged on about this since he came, although gerrards constant changing of partner to him doesn't help, motherwell don't score on sunday if balogun played or helander was fit, both them read the original run into the box, goldson probably expects that as well till he remembers that he has simpson next to him

Pretty obvious Goldson has got offers lined up from down south come January. Time will tell if it was a good decision by Gerrard and Wilson to let him go for nothing, that time will be winning the league and qualifying for group CL and him being a big reason why. His performances lately though have shown otherwise.

2 hours ago, Ivybank said:

From their point of view, you can understand it ,their not Scottish or fans of the club

they both won the league last year, play in a poor league,what else can they realistically achieve? Winning the league again of course and straight into the group stages of the champions league,but we’re never going to win it are we.

And neither are they tbh because none of the serious Champions League contenders will come in for them. At best it will mid to bottom half of the table EPL teams.

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Our squad management is becoming a bit of a mess in all honesty. The squad is both far too big in terms of numbers and almost all of our main sellable assets will go into the summer with just 12 months left on their deal & a year older which will have a significant impact on value: Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Aribo & Helander all out of contract in 2023. Only Kamara is likely to sign a new deal so the rest either need to be sold next summer at likely a reduced value (alongside McGregor, Davis, Goldson & possibly Arfield leaving) or they’ll leave for nothing. 

It’s incredible that we didn’t sell at least 1 of them to start the recycle rather than huge upheaval next summer. 

The ramifications of not winning the league this season are horrendous. 

Putting it all on black. Wild business.

The Goldson situation is odd. Those saying he maybe wants another crack at the EPL…well with the time left on his contract and the money around down there it would be small change for most teams to sign him. The reality seems to be there is no interest at that level, which is unlikely to improve given his current performances. So if his contract expires what then…Championship? Might earn more but hardly a step up from us. 

Goldson is too far up his own arse and blaming others for his poor back pass just about sums him up. If you don’t want to sign then you know where the door is and thanks for the memories.

ive heard that Lundstram is on a hefty wage packet and others now want the same especially ones who have been there for a while and constantly performed. Maybe someone can confirm his weekly wage 

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Goldson is too far up his own arse and blaming others for his poor back pass just about sums him up. If you don’t want to sign then you know where the door is and thanks for the memories.

ive heard that Lundstram is on a hefty wage packet and others now want the same especially ones who have been there for a while and constantly performed. Maybe someone can confirm his weekly wage 

As i said, imagine you’re Kamara and look at what Lundstram/Aribo/Arfield and even Jack will be getting paid.

It must have an effect mentally.

53 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Our squad management is becoming a bit of a mess in all honesty. The squad is both far too big in terms of numbers and almost all of our main sellable assets will go into the summer with just 12 months left on their deal & a year older which will have a significant impact on value: Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Aribo & Helander all out of contract in 2023. Only Kamara is likely to sign a new deal so the rest either need to be sold next summer at likely a reduced value (alongside McGregor, Davis, Goldson & possibly Arfield leaving) or they’ll leave for nothing. 

It’s incredible that we didn’t sell at least 1 of them to start the recycle rather than huge upheaval next summer. 

And when Kamara/Morelos are sold there’s nothing else coming through as our signings in past 18 months have been abysmal.

55 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’ve said for months this season is bigger in so many aspects off the park than last season. We absolutely need the automatic qualification to the CL or it’s looking really perilous

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Sadly, loads on here said as soon as the league was over, we need to avoid sentiment and start refreshing the squad and improving quality, especially midfield.  Frustratingly, management / board didn’t see it that way for whatever reason (lack of bids, too high a price, keep them all) but we’re now faced in Sept this year that the quality is actually weaker than it was 12m ago, which is horrendous for champions not to build when what’s across the city was/is a car crash. 

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

As i said, imagine you’re Kamara and look at what Lundstram/Aribo/Arfield and even Jack will be getting paid.

It must have an effect mentally.

Aye and would be a valid point if he hadn't been offered a new deal

I'm assuming he's been offered on par with those mentioned in his new contract, fact he hasn't signed it shows its got nothing to do with what money we offer him.

He wants away, probably expected a move in the summer but either clubs never bid or they didn't match our evaluation. To me he looks like he's all but downed tools, last year he was the cog in midfield that everything went through...this year he barley gets involved in games & looks completely disinterested 

8 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think Goldson will run his contract out.

The management team will be lining up a replacement no doubt. 

I hope they make a better job of it than the last few signings.