*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

Borna Barasic can’t tackle. His shorts are always clean at the end of a game, he prefers to stand in front of the player doing some sort of wiggle dance instead of taking the ball, man the fucking lot. 
Three times yesterday he  stupidly marked the same player Balagun had then when the attack went wide left he was left floundering. 
he’s annoying me big time 

35 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Borna Barasic can’t tackle. His shorts are always clean at the end of a game, he prefers to stand in front of the player doing some sort of wiggle dance instead of taking the ball, man the fucking lot. 
Three times yesterday he  stupidly marked the same player Balagun had then when the attack went wide left he was left floundering. 
he’s annoying me big time 

I Thought he had quite a good first half, first ten mins of 2nd half, but like a few others he faded thereafter. 

If you're in the trenches he'll never be a standout tbh. Other option is Bassey who is a bit more dynamic, and from games I've seen should mainly start ahead of Barisic, same as Patterson should prob start in front of Tav who has been flat this season so far. 

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Mcgregor fucked that result imo. He’s reluctant to catch a corner and wants to fucking punch it when it was only Goldson beside him. If he does his job and catches the ball the game ends 1-0. 

Just watched the highlights and I didn't think we were good second half but this is true. Utter calamity of an error cost us the win.

44 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Mcgregor fucked that result imo. He’s reluctant to catch a corner and wants to fucking punch it when it was only Goldson beside him. If he does his job and catches the ball the game ends 1-0. 

Spot on. McGregor always punches the ball rather than just catching it, and this time it’s bitten him on the arse. I can only hope he learns from this.

I'm really concerned at all the unnecessary errors and individuals continually doing things that really should have been knocked out their game at 15 years old. 

Aribo got himself needlessly booked for turning into a player while trying to control the ball and making a rash challenge. It arguably could have been a red. The thing is the reason why the ball was down that end of the pitch was because Aribo had turned into a player and lost the ball about 10 seconds earlier.

Goldson, not a huge amount of contact on Woodburn, but a stupid booking through getting his approach all wrong. That must be the third time he has done that this season on the right hand side of the pitch? Balogun booked for not dealing with a punt up the park properly. These two bookings nearly cost us big time because both of them couldn't attempt a challenge on McKay and it caused a one on one.

In the first half Balogun weakly headed the ball into the most dangerous area of the pitch and gave a good chance up for Hearts. In the second half Goldson did exactly the same thing, McGregor pulled off a good save but I think Hearts' striker got pulled up for offside. But still, silly errors that will continue to cost us and make life difficult for us when it doesn't have to be this hard.

It doesn't matter how well you play during a game. If you continue to leave the game with a 1 goal lead then the other team are always in it.

We have not been clinical at all this season so far. Still pretty confident it will come together, especially over this winter period, as we are creating chances and enough to win games. 99% of times when we go two up against these sides the game is done!