Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

I dont think staying with us or going to Villa, or any other English club, is going to effect his chances of the Liverpool in the job.

Hypothetically if he went to Villa kept them solid and maybe got into Europe would be just as valuable to Liverpool as staying here for 2/3 more years winning a couple of titles, a couple of cups and getting into the CL.

He's a Liverpool legend, as long as he continues to be at least competent he will manage them one day. Lampard, Ole, Arteta all got jobs rightly or wrongly being "club men". I dont see how him having a stint at Villa changes that for Gerrard & Liverpool.

I also think Gerrard knows what it means to be at a club like this. He's immortal at Liverpool and knows he can be here, in fact he's half way there after 55. For me, unless Villa were pulling out all the stops to make them title contenders, which they aren't, he wont want it. Like us he likes big silver things at the end of the season!

Rangers or Villa, Gerrard needs Liverpool to end up in the state they were in under Hodgson to get the job imo. He will only ever be a Dalgleish appointment for them, no chance they choose him from a position of strength. 

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Rangers or Villa, Gerrard needs Liverpool to end up in the state they were in under Hodgson to get the job imo. He will only ever be a Dalgleish appointment for them, no chance they choose him from a position of strength. 

I think he needs to have experience managing in the champions League before even being considered for the Liverpool job he won't get that at villa so I think he will stay. 

1 minute ago, peter huistra said:

I think he needs to have experience managing in the champions League before even being considered for the Liverpool job he won't get that at villa so I think he will stay. 

I'm not sure getting pumped with us next year is the sort of experience they will be after though 😂