Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

He was always  a plastic hardman on and off the park, and a diving bastard to boot. 

I know the Villa CEO is his best pal and they would want an immediate appointment, but could he not have given them assurances and stayed for a few weeks to steer us through the next few important games then go? Or is he just a shitebag that wasn't confident of delivering those results. Fuck him. 

5 minutes ago, rangersross said:

You, as someone who I believe works in comms of some description, think there's isn't another way for him to answer that question that's acceptable to the club and supporters without being so definitive and emphatic? 

Not without sparking a reaction from the fans, no. We're pretty over-reactionary to most things as a support and I'm not speaking out of turn in saying we are particularly sensitive to a perceived lack of loyalty from Rangers players and staff. Fuck me, I've seen folk wanting youth players sacked because they went to a game of the team they support.

1 minute ago, ronniescu said:

He was always  a plastic hardman on and off the park, and a diving bastard to boot. 

I know the Villa CEO is his best pal and they would want an immediate appointment, but could he not have given them assurances and stayed for a few weeks to steer us through the next few important games then go? Or is he just a shitebag that wasn't confident of delivering those results. Fuck him. 

Our schedule up to new year is brutal, leaving anytime this season is a stab in the back, well seen he's a fucking scouse bastard 

3 hours ago, RFC55 said:

I'd not be surprised if we end up with a full coaching staff of ex players who are all winners and know what we are about, if it's to be GVB.

The bonus of hiring him and a backroom staff of ex players is every single one of them know what it's about up here. It's win at all costs and it's every game not just Vs the taigs

This 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Patterson is only kept out the team because the captain appointed by gerrard and one of gerrards favourites is in the same position as him

New manager might come in, strip him of captaincy, call out his piss poor defensive attributes and dump him on the bench

If gerrard wants to play a similar system and tries to use tav down south, he'll be found out before a season is done 

I actually think Tav is still miles ahead of Patterson, but at the same time think it would be the right move to try and cash in on Tav so we can develop Patterson.

The very fact that Tav is one of Gerrard's favourites is why I think there is a good chance he comes in for him, and if he does, we should chance our arm.

You might be right about him being found out, but we should still be asking for too dollar for him. I think Gerrard will sanction it, as top dollar for us is squad filler money for Villa.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Does anyone know who is left over from the backroom staff?

We could be left Broxi & Jimmy Bell taking the team next weekend!

Nah the club couldn’t even tell us that. But I assume everyone’s away. This is from the Athletic:

“Talks progressed quickly between Gerrard and Premier League suitors Aston Villaover Tuesday and Wednesday but he was always going to move as one of a team, given the beefy backroom staff he has built up at Rangers and how valuably he rates them.

Assistant Gary McAllister, first-team coach Michael Beale, technical coach Tom Culshaw and head of performance Jordan Milsom are all part of the core staff but there are numerous others, such as doctor Mark Waller and analyst Scott Mason, both brought in from Liverpool, who he views as integral to his wider group.”

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Patterson is only kept out the team because the captain appointed by gerrard and one of gerrards favourites is in the same position as him

New manager might come in, strip him of captaincy, call out his piss poor defensive attributes and dump him on the bench

If gerrard wants to play a similar system and tries to use tav down south, he'll be found out before a season is done 

Put the scatter gun away mate. Tav is way better than Patterson at this moment in time.

That may change in the future but right now Tav is better. At risk of contradicting myself here, but i do agree with earlier post in that we should sell Tav and play Patterson. Its the smart thing to do financially- which we cant ignore.

31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I actually think Goldson and Tav will be the most likely to go with him.

He rates those two higher than anyone.

To be honest, if we could sell Tav for £10m and allow Patterson to step up, could be the best solution for us.

Hopefully Villa are a bit loose with the cash and this is what plays out!

More likely he’d go for Patterson surely?

Thanks for 55 but don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out. Clearly doesn’t have the stuff to be a long term legend here.  Leaves us stronger but we should have had a treble last year, yes the important one was won, but to go out to St Mirren and St Johnstone in the cups when the mhanks were already out, was not acceptable. 

I suspect this will backfire on him, we just need to make sure it doesn’t backfire on us.  No one is ever bigger than the club and we will survive without Gerrard who has shown his true colours this week. 

4 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Does anyone know who is left over from the backroom staff?

We could be left Broxi & Jimmy Bell taking the team next weekend!

What? You mean no pish favourites getting a game? Nobody being played out of position? A proper Plan B with telling substitutions when required? What's not to like

2 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Nah the club couldn’t even tell us that. But I assume everyone’s away. This is from the Athletic:

“Talks progressed quickly between Gerrard and Premier League suitors Aston Villaover Tuesday and Wednesday but he was always going to move as one of a team, given the beefy backroom staff he has built up at Rangers and how valuably he rates them.

Assistant Gary McAllister, first-team coach Michael Beale, technical coach Tom Culshaw and head of performance Jordan Milsom are all part of the core staff but there are numerous others, such as doctor Mark Waller and analyst Scott Mason, both brought in from Liverpool, who he views as integral to his wider group.”

Pillager.

32 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I actually think Goldson and Tav will be the most likely to go with him.

He rates those two higher than anyone.

To be honest, if we could sell Tav for £10m and allow Patterson to step up, could be the best solution for us.

Hopefully Villa are a bit loose with the cash and this is what plays out!

Doesn't rate Tav high enough to tell him he's leaving though.