Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

5 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

I'm just glad I've got other goldson despisers fanclub.

Any proper manager will see what's he's about, no other club would a player under perform and demand more money and still play.

Praying Gerrard takes him in January and we suffer 6 months of torture concededing goals and him have signed a pre contract with Norwich City of or some pish.

52F7477C-3E68-45C6-AEEE-A448E0A6D038.gif

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

I'm just glad I've got other goldson despisers fanclub.

Any proper manager will see what's he's about, no other club would a player under perform and demand more money and still play.

Praying Gerrard takes him in January and we suffer 6 months of torture concededing goals and him have signed a pre contract with Norwich City of or some pish.

I have never really taken to him. Prone to far too many mistakes (unless he’s playing in a empty stadium).

thinks he’s miles better than he is. Will get several new arseholes ripped if/when he moves to the EPL and will never be seen near the first team again.

At a loss at how he is the one constant in that team. 
Be interesting to see how he reacts.

Petty I know, but how he positions his right arm and hand when in possession of the ball really pushes my buttons. Raheem Sterling does the same feckin’ thing. It’s like they’re  holding an imaginary handbags.
Would gladly see him go. Helander is the superior defender, and by some considerable distance.

Personally, I’d recall Katic and punt Goldson in January.

20 minutes ago, demise said:

Lets be honest - Stevie G is leaving us with a good squad and in a strong position. What i dont get is the way he left. Few weeks ago we were listening to ''Do i look happy? Dont ask me silly questions then'' and suddenly Aston fuckin Villa comes knocking on the door and he is gone. But alright, i would welcome GVB or someone else capable. 

Thank you, Stevie G, for bringing 55th where it belongs. And thank you for the European nights. Thank you for the passion and the spirit and the way you carried yourself as a Rangers manager. 

Honestly it's still that messaging that annoys me as well.  I didnt expect him to say "job sounds great aye, up for that" but it now plays back like an Oscar winning performance knowing what we know now.

Maybe in the fullness of time it will just be a bit of naivety from a young manager trying to deflect a difficult/awkward question, and doing it poorly.

Starting to calm down about it as long as we get a decent name through the door with (crucially) good backroom staff. We can't go back at all in that department.

On 08/11/2021 at 11:28, The Dude said:

As the title says. If Gerrard goes (either now or in the relatively near future), who would you like to see replace him? Who do you think *will* replace him?

Before anyone wants to moan about 'negativity', it's being discussed in another thread and a few posters have mentioned they'd be interested to see the sort of names mentioned.

Personally, I don't think Gerrard will go anywhere before the summer (at least) but it's an interesting discussion to have.

So who do you see being touted to replace Gerrard if he goes?

Just to throw some names out there, lets start off with Mick Beale or Callum Davidson.

garry mac? nobody wanted walter ,the rest is history.this had to happen with 3 or 4 managers short in the prem,

18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Don’t like this narrative at all tbh.

Being upset because somebody he knew and viewed as a mentor passed away is a real, raw human emotion. It is so much more than something to hold up and use as an example of how much Gerrard got the club.

Infact, I think it’s cuntish, below the belt, low behaviour to try and weaponise how upset he was by Smith’s passing and imply that it was simply put on to try and lead us a merry dance about how he felt about the club.

I never said he didn’t feel those emotions towards the man, it’s the comments he’s came out with about the club before and after Walter Smith’s passing. The interview, to my mind, reinforced the narrative that Gerrard was most definitely a ‘Rangers man’.

Its the stuff either side of the interview that is the problem not the interview itself. 
When I watched the Smith interview I shed a tear, I felt for Gerrard. But I also thought ‘man, he really gets this club!’

He clearly fucking didn’t. So it’s not cuntish or below the belt, it’s my thoughts on how Gerrard has actively presented himself throughout his time with us.

I feel that if he waited until the end of season he would not have annoyed so many people and would have left on better terms with the fans . I think he’s lost a lot of respect in the way he’s handled the move but I wish him all the best at Villa and for what he’s done over the last 3 years for us . 
Announce Gio 🔴🔵

45 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Yes and he slithered off during an international break . That’s what happened . 

honestly one of the most pointless debates I have ever been involved with on this site :lol:

It is what happened, and criticised it as if it was worthy of criticism. 

You were the one that made the point that made no sense, mate, not me. Don't want debates on things you say, don't say em. Sorted.

Pretty gutted about this tbh. Last season was brilliant the way it panned out and given the lockdowns etc. watching Rangers was one of the only enjoyable things. Been a bit stale this year but still fancied us for the league. No idea who we will bring in. Quite like the idea of GVB or Jon Dahl Tommasen but that's it. Really critical we get this right and it needs to be done quickly given the games we have coming up. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Let's be honest, if I'm remembering correctly you're one of the ones who wanted him sacked 6 or 7 times.

Didn't keep count, very weird if you did. I wanted him sacked pre covid as did the majority

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It is what happened, and criticised it as if it was worthy of criticism. 

You were the one that made the point that made no sense, mate, not me. Don't want debates on things you say, don't say em. Sorted.

The way he left is worthy of criticism . The fact it’s fell in line with an international break made him being a sneaky two faced bastard all the easier for him 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Didn't keep count, very weird if you did. I wanted him sacked pre covid as did the majority

The obsession about people's opinions on here from a select few is mental. 

It's not as if they are earth shattering as well, weird behavior imo. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate I know you're comprehension's not too good, and you enjoy stirring the pot like a wee schoolgirl, but I said something like "cunt's fucking shite" where cunt meant boy/lad/guy.

How's that different from people thinking Gerrard was shite which you're greeting about :lol: H

32 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He's now villa's highest paid manager in history. Take the emotions out of it nobody is turning that paycheck down. 

The guys earned more money than he'll ever need from his playing career, if he's still motivated by money then he is indeed a stinking rat bastard

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

The way he left is worthy of criticism . The fact it’s fell in line with an international break made him being a sneaky two faced bastard all the easier for him 

How did it do that?