Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, Bears r us said:

All about opinions mate, I honestly thought he would be loyal to us and not leave before a season is halfway through.

Once he went to London to speak to them I no longer want him to be here, but many will think differently. 

I’m the same mate. I was gutted last night and this morning as I genuinely believed the pish he came out with. The thought of seeing his first press conference with Villa gives me the boak. However IF he stays then after a good few results a lot of people will change their opinion. 

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Because he was moved to tears by Walter’s passing means he has to stay here forever? How long should he wait? End of season or end of contract, or until he is sacked?

Like it or not, a football manager can’t control when a job comes up, and it has nothing to do with his feelings towards Walter.

I don't agree with the statements about him and Walter. He was obviously genuinely upset 

But you'd at least expect him to give us the respect we've gave him and not jump ship in one of our most important seasons. He's a fucking rat cunt.

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

All about opinions mate, I honestly thought he would be loyal to us and not leave before a season is halfway through.

Once he went to London to speak to them I no longer want him to be here, but many will think differently. 

Is he not there for ITV as others have said ?

7 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

We’re not talking about that, we’re talking about him being accused of faking tears over someone he actually knew… unlike the majority of people on here.

Well said, looks like they chose to double down instead of realising they made a tit of it. 

I may be in the minority but I'm not so concerned with Gerrard leaving but more the timing of it and the backroom staff also going. 

His cup record is appauling and let's not kid ourselves after the Hearts debacle in the cup he was teetering on the edge. I could fling on the Malmö disaster. I genuinely think we can get and do better. It's all about the timing of this for me. 

I'm not going to come out and lambast him Birmingham is much closer to his family,and he was clearly frustrated at the lack of funds. I will thank him for 55 and stopping 9.75 in a row as well causing that entire rancid club to implode but that's it. He's certainly not a Rangers legend in my book for winning one trophy on nine regardless of its importance. As I said some of the cup defeats were shocking .

As to who we get I've genuinely no idea,got plenty names but none that jump out. I only hope this doesn't derail our season,otherwise my apathy to Mr Gerrard may quickly turn. 

Over to you Rangers. 

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

I don't agree with the statements about him and Walter. He was obviously genuinely upset 

But you'd at least expect him to give us the respect we've gave him and not jump ship in one of our most important seasons. He's a fucking rat cunt.

I wasn’t saying he wasn’t genuinely upset. Just pointing out the timing of it all leaves a bad taste. 

All this talk of Souness when and how he suddenly up and left reminded me of where I was at the time .. 

.. in the Royal Navy, docked somewhere abroad, it was just before breakfast, I was on the bottom bunk debating getting up after listening to the news - when it mentioned Souness joining Liverpool - I was straight out of my bunk giving all sorts of grief to the Liverpool supporting twat on the top bunk who was still ½ asleep !!

As for Gerrard, can’t see a way back now - I just hope the board have a few good options 

Just now, bluenoz said:

Finding the right manager is a concern but equally concerning are the players who came here because of Gerrard. Kent, Aribo and Hagi may want to jump ship in January and that would really put 56 in jeapordy.

Even if they dont I think the spirit of the team will go. If you think Goldson cant be arsed now wait till Gerrard goes. Its going to take a big presence to fill the gap and keep everything on track. We are knackered if we appoint a caretaker imo. 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I have no problems with Gerrard leaving to better his career. Better opportunities in terms of resources were always going to come up in England, thats the sad reality of where we are at as a club and what our standing in Europe is.

My issue with it is purely a timing thing. It’s mental how he’s leaned on people like Smith and Souness for support and guidance and he’s about to do the exact same thing that Souness did in terms of walking out on us at a crucial time of the season and leaving us in the lurch.

Souness by all accounts was told to leave and wanted to stay the full season

Just now, B1872 said:

He’s one of these managers that is all about the performance instead of the result.

Possibly but he does have experience of winning titles. He didn’t do well when they got in the PL but he managed to win the Championship twice.