New Manager Thread - Poll Amended

ElBufalo20

Should We Remove The Poll?  

859 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice?

• Dan Deacon Has Ginger Pubes
    • No

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Surely to fuck that’s all part of Ross Wilson remit, to continually keep tabs on potential managers.. add/remove when they become available or can be got so that when this happens we’re not caught cold and having to go into a semi final and possibly a European shoot out without a manager! 

Of course it is.

We'll have a shortlist and now we're interviewing to make sure we make the right decision.

Mental people have an issue with this.

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

It'll be a zoom conversation to discuss their vision for the club and make sure they align on what everyone wants. I don't want the board to pick the one obvious name out a hat and just give him the job and if you think that's how multi-million pound decisions are made then that's naive at best. 

They will be doing in depth research, asking other people who know them, analysing teams, tactics and results for multiple of candidates and yes, interviewing candidates themselves to further form a better opinion. If it takes 2 months or even 1 month then yeah, bullshit, but it's been 7 hours :lol: All this will have started days ago, they will be talking to managers today already and I'm sure someone will be appointed soon 

And again for Villa, they decided to sack Smith so could have been preparing for this for 3 months for all we know

As Iv just said, surely the vast vast majority of this comes under Ross Wilson’s remit on a regular basis.. not when we lose our manager! This should all have been done to a point where we have identified who we want and go and have the conversations then to find out where they are at! If it’s not right, you move on to the next! 

Weeks without a manager is totally unacceptable! 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Awww I'm not asking for the guy to be appointed tonight btw lol I get the point about needing time etc and if a manager is in for Monday/Tuesday in time for the players returning from international I'd say we've done good.

We just can't be going into Hampden next Sunday with Defoe and the B Team coaches, absolute shambles if we allow that to happen 

I think everyone is getting mad at something a poster on here has paraphrased from Edgar who is paraphrasing something that he's been told who has paraphrased something from the person making decisions. 

If there's no manager then reserve team coaches will take the game, not that unexpected and is obviously not the preferred option, it's just a contigency plan and when our whole coaching staff have left who else would it have been. Earlier update from Edgar said they would appoint someone ASAP and won't be strung along for months. 

Just now, TheKingObv said:

Of course it is.

We'll have a shortlist and now we're interviewing to make sure we make the right decision.

Mental people have an issue with this.

I certainly don’t have an issue with due diligence. I do have an issue with not having Gerrard’s replacement in the door by the Semi Final next Sunday - which is what has been alluded to by Edgar.

That would be beyond unacceptable.

Gifting the beasts a trophy in December means so much more than the League Cup and could fuck the season.

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I think everyone is getting mad at something a poster on here has paraphrased from Edgar who is paraphrasing something that he's been told who has paraphrased something from the person making decisions. 

If there's no manager then reserve team coaches will take the game, not that unexpected and is obviously not the preferred option, it's just a contigency plan and when our whole coaching staff have left who else would it have been. Earlier update from Edgar said they would appoint someone ASAP and won't be strung along for months. 

Course, it's all just what ifs at the moment & we could have a plan to get somebody in

If it had happened today and we had a game this Sunday I would forgive Defoe and Co being in charge but not next week, if it takes that long we've been caught well short. 

4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

As Iv just said, surely the vast vast majority of this comes under Ross Wilson’s remit on a regular basis.. not when we lose our manager! This should all have been done to a point where we have identified who we want and go and have the conversations then to find out where they are at! If it’s not right, you move on to the next! 

Weeks without a manager is totally unacceptable! 

And it's already been said that he has been monitoring, and has a shortlist, and all that hsd been said is we're going to interview (which just means talk to) those top candidates. 

Nobody has said we'll be weeks without a manager :lol: Edgar has said the board want it done ASAP, won't be strung along, but the contingency plan is the B team coaches. Absolutely nothing which which wasn't already assumed.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

According to David Edgar we have a shortlist and everyone on it will be interviewed. If we don’t have a manager in place before Hibs it’ll be Defoe and the B team coaches who will take the team. Board are preparing to take as long as they can to make correct long term appointment. He didn’t disclose who were on the list.

Let's hope the shortlist is fairly short then, we need to get this done as quickly as we can surely. 

I certainly do not want Defoe and B team coaches taking the team for the semi-final if possible. 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Course, it's all just what ifs at the moment & we could have a plan to get somebody in

If it had happened today and we had a game this Sunday I would forgive Defoe and Co being in charge but not next week, if it takes that long we've been caught well short. 

And I don't think it will. It's purely a contingency plan and probably because the person finding out the info asked who would take charge

28 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Gerrard been gone for 7 hours and people already screaming about what about a shambles it is that we haven't appointed anyone yet and complaining about the prospect of due diligence being done. FS 

Man, don’t you know that interviewing someone is a sign of complete incompetence. 😜

If we had appointed someone today the same people might well have been complaining about rushed appointments with no consideration.

I’m finding it increasingly hard to tell who is trolling and who is lashing out.

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

And it's already been said that he has been monitoring, and has a shortlist, and all that hsd been said is we're going to interview (which just means talk to) those top candidates. 

Nobody has said we'll be weeks without a manager :lol: Edgar has said the board want it done ASAP, won't be strung along, but the contingency plan is the B team coaches. Absolutely nothing which which wasn't already assumed.

The last time Douglas Park overseen an appointment it took over a month of interviews… to appoint Pedro Caixinha! We were fed the exact same shite then!