New Manager Thread - Poll Amended

ElBufalo20

Should We Remove The Poll?  

859 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice?

• Dan Deacon Has Ginger Pubes
    • No

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

wheres this sudden need for GVB to have a scottish #2 come from? and why the insult that we need someone 'who gets scottish football' and 'who know what its all about' im quite sure he knows all about football and certainly more about scottish football than gerrard did before he came here

if there was any half decent scottish coaches going they would have been considered for the #1 job but theres none and certainly not any cunt like mciness or alex neil should be anywhere near the commentary team on RTV never mind the management staff

I don't see what the big deal is tbh. As long as it works and all parties are happy. Also not all coaches make good managers, some coaches are just better at being the number 2.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Wilson will bring in his own guy for the coaching setup that will know the scottish game and help the new manager, might come out of left field who it may be.

Going to be some pook from left field ,Look at the tread there are only about 10 living Scots with football connections not been mentioned 😳😂

6 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I don't see what the big deal is tbh. As long as it works and all parties are happy. Also not all coaches make good managers, some coaches are just better at being the number 2.

Think GVB has his own number 2 .It would just need to be somebody involved in the staff with some local recent knowledge .
Who knows he might be happy enough with Defoe 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Yeeeoowww! How you doing mate?

Not bad mate, getting by! Yourself?

I don't think you need to worry because Derek McInnes will be nowhere near it as number 1 or coach.

GVB can't really afford and slip ups because the importance of the games coming up. He will need someone in there who knows the game up here. The only way he could take the job with nobody who fits that description would be if he was starting in pre-season imo.

22 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Again, Alex Neils not gonna come in and work under somebody either! Was it an insult to Gary Mac?

You’re making a point of Scottish football being no different to the rest of the world.. I’m saying it’s not just about Scottish football, it’s the same all over the world it makes sense to have somebody that knows the game in that country! It’s no hard to understand! 

youve obviously missed my point on mcallister but what you dont understand is if you and others dont think that GVB doesnt know about scottish football then youre underestimating him i mean how much did gerrard know of scottish football before he came here

I think GVB would be a great hire. It's a total slam dunk to me.

Knows the club, has had success as a player and manager, and it seems tactically is a good fit for the players in the squad.

It also seems there's much less in terms of risk as opposed to some of the other names mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I doubt Defoe has anywhere near the amount of knowledge on opposition like a McCann does.

McCann takes in a lot of football and studies the game like a complete geek:lol: I know his nephew and he told me how engrossed he is with the game when I was saying I enjoy his contributions to RTV.

If all your after is a bit of up to date info on who’s more likely to be trying to kick fuck out of folk then wee JD would be enough .

Of course if your looking for a lot more then McCann is the man .

35 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Aye I just acknowledged that with rowley birkin. I do think he'd be privy to what was going on here but he would have been going with Gerrard whether it was up here, Scandinavia or Africa!

Still think Gio would benefit from a scottish coach as long as he is comfortable with the idea and the coach!

Kevin Thomson 

19 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not bad mate, getting by! Yourself?

I don't think you need to worry because Derek McInnes will be nowhere near it as number 1 or coach.

GVB can't really afford and slip ups because the importance of the games coming up. He will need someone in there who knows the game up here. The only way he could take the job with nobody who fits that description would be if he was starting in pre-season imo.

👍 started the new job?  Getting back to the football, I like McCann. Wouldn’t mind him there at all. He gets it mate. 

I wonder if the club has even spoken to anyone else, no real reports or airport sightings, unless UK based.

Possible that the club and GVB are just trying to piece the coaching staff together? 
With the semi final less than a week away surely the club will announce who, whether that be on an interim basis or not, will lead the team this Monday/Tuesday to give the team time to prepare.