Will any of our players end up at Villa?

i don't give a fuck if or where they go as long as we get a good price for them. if the rat wants our players the villa board better be ready to give us a serious offer. anyway i don't see many of our players being good enough to play in the EPL. he'll be trying to get Villa higher up the table so will need to look elsewhere i think. 

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s not a thing in football. 

it’s nearly always wages and if the manager wants them 

To become an elite sportsperson/professional you need to have talent, work hard, dedicated your self and have ambition. 

Generally that level of drive and ambition  follows them in life. Ambitious, driven people want to know how good they are and that involves pushing yourself against the best.

28 minutes ago, tango said:

Let's be honest about it , Gerrard is going to get a big budget in January he isn't going to be spending it on anyone in our squad

If shagger was a few years younger he'd no doubt fancy taking him as he's one of the best keepers in the UK but given the budget he will have I doubt any villa scouts will be at Ibrox anytime soon. 

8 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

To become an elite sportsperson/professional you need to have talent, work hard, dedicated your self and have ambition. 

Generally that level of drive and ambition  follows them in life. Ambitious, driven people want to know how good they are and that involves pushing yourself against the best.

I would argue that there are many many players that have all that but still end up nowhere playing with average teams. 

that’s why we are confused when top players end up going to teams that are mediocre but pay top wages, for example players heading to the MLS or china in their prime. 

plus and it’s a big plus, only a handful of players in the world can literally choose any team they wish. The majority go where they are chosen. 

and cash is nearly always the motivation. 

The only two probables are Kent and Kamara, both of whom he seems to be close to. Having said that, he seemed close to Rangers but that didn’t stop him fucking off.

He’ll get money to spend but he will want to spend it wisely and he’ll know how much we would want for these two. Might offer us £12-£15m for the pair?

Outside bets are Patterson and Helander. Depends on what Villa have at the moment. I’ve no idea and no inclination to look either.

None of the rest will be seen as Premier League standard.

From our own point of view, all bets are off with Katic and that loan deal. Get Helander fit for new year and pair them up as our foundation going forward. I hope that Gio (assuming it is him) has some prospects currently under the radar and available for modest fees.

13 hours ago, STRUTH82 said:

I'd like to think there is a clause in there that he can't come back for our players in January.

I'd expect Aribo and Kent to head there next summer

The board are probably desperate that he does. We need to sell players. Unless we’re 10 points ahead in January and the title looks a shoe in then we’ll probably sell as soon as any respectable bids come in 

I'm not convinced the full backs at villa will suit his style. There's every chance he could come in for Patterson(based on age over Tav) or Barisic. I also think Kent and Kamara have a good chance of moving as well. He'll know when he gets a good look at his squad if he thinks our players are an upgrade on what he has. 

The worrying thing is he knows exactly our situation and what the board will accept. 

Whether we like it or not we are a selling club and that is the model we are run as. So if Villa come in for Aribo or a Kamara with a decent bid then we'll sell. However I'd try and keep Kent as much as much as possible as he is the best player in the league and will make a massive difference to us this season.

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Whether we like it or not we are a selling club and that is the model we are run as. So if Villa come in for Aribo or a Kamara with a decent bid then we'll sell. However I'd try and keep Kent as much as much as possible as he is the best player in the league and will make a massive difference to us this season.

That's the bit that worries me, Gerrard know exactly what we'll accept and he could potentially low ball us on any target. 

Kamara - The most likely. Would fit nicely into the EPL, if Gerrard plans to play the same way with 2 CDMs then he can do the job he wants for probably 20m less than what he'd pay elsewhere.

Kent - Possibly, but I think if Villa are aiming higher, not too sure Kent would take them further.

Tav - Unlikely but he's his captain, obviously trusts him. Again maybe a cheap option, although Matty Cash is highly rated but has played different positions at Forest?

Can't see anyone else being looked at.

Think Villa are shopping in a different market place for players unless they identify exceptional talent or unfortunately, a bargain. That is my biggest worry- he who should not be named will be fully aware of what our bottom line is for players, and whilst last week I would have bet my house on him not looking to shaft us, this week I am not so sure

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Another thing to take into consideration as well is when Rodgers went to Leicester he never took any of the scum players.

He tried to buy Edouard didn't he? the filth wanted too much money so they moved on to other targets

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I am still of the opinion the way Gerrard has quashed Morelos’s behaviour on the field has had a detrimental effect on his game overall.

I hope the new manager will take the buffalo’s shackles off. 

Born free, as free as the wind blows. 😀