Neil Mccann Coach

BlueKnight87

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

That's not really the point though, you were saying that you were actively watching McCann work whilst at Dundee as you were allowed in as part of your job.....all you are doing is actively stating that some teams train outdoors for anyone to watch....your argument to @Brackley Bluenosewas that you had some sort of press privilege to watch Dundee train 

No I said I've seen some of McCann taking a session. And it was while he was at Inverness, not Dundee so no idea where you've got that my argument was that I had some sort of press privilege to watch Dundee train.

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Let’s not get ourselves tied up in knots like every other human that has ever had a conversation with the dude tends to do because he can’t admit he's fucked it. 

I stand by my original point that he’s in no position to state that ‘McCann isn’t a good coach’. 

The players I've spoken to - which is what I've based my opinion on - are in an excellent position to say it however.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Head on up to Oriam when Hearts have a session on or go to East Mains when Hibs have a development game on.

Go to St Andrews Uni when Dundee United are training.

We're in a world where managers now literally put videos up on-line walking through their sessions for anyone to watch. Jack Ross done one recently for the Coaches Voice where he went right through an entire session plan for one of their games.

🤣🤣🤣he’s not doing team work in the build up to a game James, it’s vastly different. It’s a generic session just like the Beale and Howe ones amongst other that are all available to watch on YouTube. 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

🤣🤣🤣he’s not doing team work in the build up to a game James, it’s vastly different. It’s a generic session just like the Beale and Howe ones amongst other that are all available to watch on YouTube. 

Neither would McCann be here.

Just now, The Dude said:

Neither would McCann be here.

Which doesn’t really matter because I still don’t think you’d be able to get anywhere near a squad doing team shape on a Thursday or Friday before game day….. which is where you’d be able to make a judgement on him ‘not being a very good coach’. 

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That's not really the point though, you were saying that you were actively watching McCann work whilst at Dundee as you were allowed in as part of your job.....all you are doing is actively stating that some teams train outdoors for anyone to watch....your argument to @Brackley Bluenosewas that you had some sort of press privilege to watch Dundee train 

Mate he's seen first hand his training sessions and spoken to the players that trained under him ( no names given btw) It's normal to travel up to Inverness and Dundee through the week just to watch a training session don't you know 😏 

The guy talks utter pish and its good to see him getting called out on his lies.

Just now, Nelson loyal said:

Mate he's seen first hand his training sessions and spoken to the players that trained under him ( no names given btw) It's normal to travel up to Inverness and Dundee through the week just to watch a training session don't you know 😏 

The guy talks utter pish and its good to see him getting called out on his lies.

Of course I'm not going to name people who've given me information. That would be rather silly.

I regularly travel around the country to attend press conferences etc and games as part of my job and have done for a few years. I've also got staff covering pressers and games constantly.

Is there even any suggestion McCann would be setting or leading training? GVB’s a very hands-on manager and I assume his own coaches would pick up most of the remaining slack. What McCann would bring in this - speculated - position is surely local expertise. Anyone’s who has heard him speak can’t doubt he has that in spades. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Of course I'm not going to name people who've given me information. That would be rather silly.

I regularly travel around the country to attend press conferences etc and games as part of my job and have done for a few years. I've also got staff covering pressers and games constantly.

I don't believe a word you say 

5 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Right, you’re a journalist. You must, simply it’s inconceivable that you don’t, understand how evidence leads to conclusion. 

You can’t form an opinion on how good a coach McCann is, because you’re materially nothing substantive to base it on. You have evidence to suggest some of the players who played under him didn’t rate him. 

There’s a massive difference. Huge. And if you claim otherwise you’re either a moron/hack or a liar.

So I can't form any opinion on how good someone is as a coach based on the experience of people who have been coached by him? Having spoke to several folk about him and having never heard anything good about him as a coach from any of his three clubs, then yeah I can absolutely form an opinion on him.

Given that nobody has anything materially substantive to base their views on him as a coach, we'd be as well just deleting the thread since nobody can form any sort of opinion - unless we've got folk who played under him posting without us knowing about it.

13 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Which doesn’t really matter because I still don’t think you’d be able to get anywhere near a squad doing team shape on a Thursday or Friday before game day….. which is where you’d be able to make a judgement on him ‘not being a very good coach’. 

Do you think the players who played under him were there on a Thursday and Friday? Do you think they'd be able to make a judgement?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So I can't form any opinion on how good someone is as a coach based on the experience of people who have been coached by him? Having spoke to several folk about him and having never heard anything good about him as a coach from any of his three clubs, then yeah I can absolutely form an opinion on him.

Given that nobody has anything materially substantive to base their views on him as a coach, we'd be as well just deleting the thread since nobody can form any sort of opinion - unless we've got folk who played under him posting without us knowing about it.

Form any opinion you like, but don’t take the huff when someone calls you out for the pious way you present your opinion as fact.

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No I said I've seen some of McCann taking a session. And it was while he was at Inverness, not Dundee so no idea where you've got that my argument was that I had some sort of press privilege to watch Dundee train.

Sorry my bad....I assumed you were alluding to Dundee....but you did say that the press were allowed in to see part of the sessions, if this is behind closed doors then surely that would be a privilege?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you think the players who played under him were there on a Thursday and Friday? Do you think they'd be able to make a judgement?

Fundamentally James, I’ll take his prospective appointment for what it is. Our new manager and sporting director have done their homework and could possibly appoint an impressive candidate. Rather than a random journalist who’s spoken to a couple of Dundee lads who dislike him because they’re shite/have found themselves on the bench/dislike his forward thinking approach/are bad eggs. Delete as appropriate. 

Good luck to the guy. 

6 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Form any opinion you like, but don’t take the huff when someone calls you out for the pious way you present your opinion as fact.

Certainly not in any huff. :lol: I always find it funny as fuck when folk want to suggest I'm angry on in a huff or something like I was to actually take anything posted here seriously. I mean ffs. You've seen some of the shite posted towards me in the past on here that I just brush off and you think I'm going to go into a huff because someone doesn't believe what I'm saying? C'mon man. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Fundamentally James, I’ll take his prospective appointment for what it is. Our new manager and sporting director have done their homework and could possibly appoint an impressive candidate. Rather than a random journalist who’s spoken to a couple of Dundee lads who dislike him because they’re shite/have found themselves on the bench/dislike his forward thinking approach/are bad eggs. Delete as appropriate. 

Good luck to the guy. 

I mean, you've just pulled that bit out of thin air. Of the ones I've spoken to, three of them played consistently under him and had no issues working under him, they just didn't think he was a particularly good coach. They'll be far from the first players to play under someone they didn't rate particualrly highly.

I've spoke to players who played under Neil McCann in the past and they told me he's the greatest coach on planet earth, a mixture of Sir Alex and Pep, with breathtaking views on the game football.

I can't name my sources tho, obviously.

Piece of piss this journalism lark is it no?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I mean, you've just pulled that bit out of thin air. Of the ones I've spoken to, three of them played consistently under him and had no issues working under him, they just didn't think he was a particularly good coach. They'll be far from the first players to play under someone they didn't rate particualrly highly.

Nightmare, looks like Gio has fucked the season already. Thanks for letting us know mate 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I've spoke to players who played under Neil McCann in the past and they told me he's the greatest coach on planet earth, a mixture of Sir Alex and Pep, with breathtaking views on the game football.

I can't name my sources tho, obviously.

Piece of piss this journalism lark is it no?

Absolutely.