Goldson

GOAT

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I know Tav wears the armband but Goldson is the vocal leader of the team. The fact that he plays every game is incredible.

I'm not sure why he would consider leaving Rangers but I can't see him staying after the summer if he hasn't signed by now.

He will be difficult to replace.

Lure of the EPL and treble his wages and a signing on fee the equiv of 2 years wages here .That’s why he will leave .

On the other hand he will probably never play in Europe again after this campaign and the kind of club he ends up at say a Crystal Palace level .He will play the same amount of big matches per season as he does here .

Putting the financial things into perspective.

Suppose he signs a 4 year contract with us at 30k a year ,That’s 6m ,After tax he’s getting just over 3m quid ,Sounds a lot .But if you compare that to what a decent tradesman his age will earn before retiring there will be very little difference .

Hes also had experiences with us that many pros will never experience,Most people would if they are honest go for the financial security another move would bring to an EPL club on a free .

Still hope he stays ,He’s been very influential in the time he has been here  ,Hard to say how much we would missed ,Due to him being an almost ever present we haven’t saw many Rangers performances without him being in the side .

Just now, sco22y said:

When Goldson is gone, a centre back pairing could be any two of ... Balugon, Bassey, Simpson, King and Helander at this point in time. I'm pretty sure Phil is #1 on that list when he is fully fit

What I meant to add is, if Phil remains fit, I think it might help Connor stay with us. 

Goldson should sign that contract no other club will be able to give him a high like tonight. If he needs a warning look at Gerrards Instagram after tonight's result all he has left is to post storys on us. 

As he prepares for a clash v Watford this weekend 😂

Get it signed connor 

7 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

I'm sure he could have had clauses put in any new contract. I just feel he could have shown a bit of loyalty after we took a chance on him, and gave him a platform. I fully agree he's entitled to do what he's doing, it's just annoying as fuck as a supporter :lol:

No Idea why a guy who is running down his contract wouldn't sign a new one that makes it more restrictive for him to leave....

I think the almost ever present player who helped us win the league, scoring  winning goals at parkheid etc, has more than paid us back for any chance we took on him...

Lundstram played well last night. Shame he didn't sign a contract extension with SU just to make them money and make it probably unlikely we'd be able to afford him. Swings and roundabouts mate, its up to the club to manage it, not the player on our behalf.

7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Putting the financial things into perspective.

Suppose he signs a 4 year contract with us at 30k a year ,That’s 6m ,After tax he’s getting just over 3m quid ,Sounds a lot .But if you compare that to what a decent tradesman his age will earn before retiring there will be very little difference .

Hes also had experiences with us that many pros will never experience,Most people would if they are honest go for the financial security another move would bring to an EPL club on a free .

Still hope he stays ,He’s been very influential in the time he has been here  ,Hard to say how much we would missed ,Due to him being an almost ever present we haven’t saw many Rangers performances without him being in the side .

:pierre:

11 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Give him what he wants and sign him up

He knows the club, the league, the system we play, he's never injured. He has played 200 games in 4 season with us

Possibly we can't give him what he wants, maybe he just wants to move back down south and only silly money will keep him up here.