SPFL On Red Alert

BlueboyG

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

So why are you wanting us to give them what they want?

The narrative is about the fans. Unless the government change the rules then what?

I think it'll be 500 fans from now to the spring. So given we can't play with no fans. How do we complete this season? 

Just now, KingKirk said:

The narrative is about the fans. Unless the government change the rules then what?

I think it'll be 500 fans from now to the spring. So given we can't play with no fans. How do we complete this season? 

What are you actually on about :lol: 

You said give them what they want and bring the break forward, I'm asking you why you want to do that when it isn't going to make a difference to fans getting into the games? All it does is make them stronger and us weaker

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

The silence from Rangers is deafening btw, fucking brutal!!

Think they’re too busy sending out emails telling us about their latest range of training gear or their latest sale to make a simple statement mate, Hardly a day goes by where I don’t get one, Don’t begrudge a penny of what I spend btw, Just be nice to that we’re not taking this shite lying down ffs.

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The only thing I can think re the Rangers silence is that they know the vote is going to fail and the football authorities have no where to go after it but that’s probably giving us far too much credit.

We just sit meekly back and take it. Aside from the banter years, in all the years I’ve followed us I can’t remember us having a weaker board with these matters.

19 minutes ago, weeguy said:

So why do they not want 18 team “top” league?

We’ll agree to disagree.

Presumably because they know they wouldn't be given it because TV wouldn't want it. And the Premiership TV and sponsorship cash would be divided amongst more teams, so they'd lose money.

42 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Surely if you take away the individual benefits for each club the common sense approach is to play the games just now no? 

There’s absolutely no chance that postponing for 3 weeks allows fans to be in so makes it pointless. If you are indeed doing it to ensure fans are present then the games need rescheduled & trying to find space for at the very least 3 games isn’t feasible! 

Surely the only logical way to do this is to play the games?

That would seem the common senses thing to do, but we are not dealing in common sense, we are dealing with one club seeing a possible advantage by bringing the break forward, Scotland in 2021. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

What are you actually on about :lol: 

You said give them what they want and bring the break forward, I'm asking you why you want to do that when it isn't going to make a difference to fans getting into the games? All it does is make them stronger and us weaker

How does it? The situation ain't gonna change between now and January mate so there will be zero football played in January. 

Rangers are winning this league mate 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

How does it? The situation ain't gonna change between now and January mate so there will be zero football played in January. 

I honestly cant even have a conversation with you, like talking to a brick wall

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Because if we play them on the second they have no time to get their injured players back up to fitness for a start 😂

32 minutes ago, Bill8972 said:

BBC

Scottish Premiership clubs have been asked to vote on when the winter break should be introduced.

The three options are to pause as planned after 3 January, start the break after the Boxing Day fixtures or begin the hiatus before Sunday's games.

The SPFL board are encouraging clubs not to vote for the third option due to the few dates available to play games.

Should option two be chosen, a return to play would take place in the week beginning Monday 17 January.

There would be midweek fixtures that week to make up for the postponed rounds of matches.

Clubs have been asked to inform the SPFL of their preference by 17:00 GMT on Wednesday and Dundee United have already expressed support for bringing the winter break forward.

So by the very logic they don’t want option 3 to be pursued they are acknowledging if the games we are now needlessly reschedule cannot be played there is going to be a problem 

At a bare minimum we as a club have to ask what the answer to that is. 

19 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Dont know if it would make any difference to be honest.

If we come out and say we are apposed to it, its just going to go through anyway and we will be left with egg on our face.

Best we could do is come out demanding that we are not put at an unfair advantage with players being away on international duty for the ACON.

If it is allowable for this thing to be decided by a vote of the clubs, and we are the only club not wanting it, then we are shit out of luck. If this can be challenged, then its a different kettle of fish, but by the sounds of it, it cant.

No point in picking a fight if there is no way we can win.

I agree, don't see why folk are always demanding a statement from the club 😅 it doesn't really do anything and folk will just complain that it's not enough anyway 

Just now, Willis said:

I agree, don't see why folk are always demanding a statement from the club 😅 it doesn't really do anything and folk will just complain that it's not enough anyway 

If we tried to set the narrative early on it might have went different, instead we're just going to look bitter or inept now when it passes

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

You've literally changed your entire argument mid conversation

No i didn't I asked you what happens in 3 weeks when nothing has changed. There will be no football in January imo. That doesn't make them stronger and us weaker. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

No i didn't I asked you what happens in 3 weeks when nothing has changed. There will be no football in January imo. That doesn't make them stronger and us weaker. 

Have you just been beamed onto earth today from the moon?

Them having more time to rest players and treat injuries is an advantage.

You could potentially have our fixtures rescheduled BCD’s and we could be minus all our players who are away to the African cup of nations, worst case scenario.