SPFL On Red Alert

BlueboyG

55 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Don’t know where people are getting this idea that we will be able to get games postponed for ACON. It’s an absolute impossibility.

The rules permit us to ask, but we’ll almost certainly be refused on the basis that there’s no way to reschedule the games.

I also don’t believe AFCON is a recognised international window so you doesn’t count towards the 3 players being away 

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

It’s ok I suppose when it doesn’t affect you.

No it doesn't affect me as I watch all games on RTV anyway. But 500 is what they have legislated for. Don't see the rugby people complaining about it. They are just getting on with their games.

4 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

So it's clearly not about safety then.

It’s never been about safety. For most, it’s about the balance between best chance of getting fans in v ability to play the postponed games. Us & them are trying to do what works best for us, as you’d expect. 

28 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Yip but it seems the corrupt cunts don’t know the up and coming forecast yet know no games will be cancelled come January and February.

BCD is always going to be better than no football, and a league being called early.

3F0CF328-E2E2-4F58-B69B-3D160366BEB7.jpeg

It's all about the fans but. This is the best chance to get them back in according to the narrative lol. 

Forget that in 3 weeks weather will be horrendous or the government could easily have more restrictions in place. 

Honestly this once again shows how bad the game here is. 

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If you start back on 17/1 it'll probably be (assuming we wont get a midweek OF):

St Mirren 19/1*

Stirling Albion 21/1

Livi 26/1

Ross County 29/1

Aberdeen 2/2*

Hearts 6/2

Hibs 9/2

Scottish Cup 12/2

Dortmund 17/2

Dundee U 20/2

Dortmund 24/2

Motherwell 27/2

St Johnstone 2/3

Aberdeen 5/3

Europe 10/3 if either progress

Scottish Cup 12/3

Europe 17/3 if either progress

Dundee 19/3

International break

celtic 3/4

Europe or Possible fixture date 6/4 - 2 old firm games in 4 days and the last chance to play OF before the split

St Mirren 9/4

Europe 14/4 or possible fixture date

Scottish Cup semis 16/4

Sorry to edit your post Dude.......

If (as is fairly likely given their opponents won't have played a competitive game for 2 months)either of us progress in Europe then the only available pre split date for the game from 2 Jan is 6th April - 3 days after we meet at Ibrox. This date would disappear if either of us progressed again in Europe along with the following midweek.

This assumes no weather postponements and no cup replays (if they still apply?)

It also assumes that the 500 crowd limit is removed in 3 weeks the chances of which you can be certain the Joint Response Group already know (slim to none)

In an honest league with integrity they would transparently be laying out in detail all of the facts and stating that the risk of cancelling fixtures due to the 500 limit is not viable due to potential future fixture chaos and the fact that this 3 week circuit breaker is far more likely to be extended than not to be extended

Moving the break should not even be up for discussion

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

No it doesn't affect me as I watch all games on RTV anyway. But 500 is what they have legislated for. Don't see the rugby people complaining about it. They are just getting on with their games.

You get 2 men and a dug at rugby games,500 in a 50k stadium is ripping the Pish and the last time krankie gave a 3 week period we ended up locked out of football for a full season.

Just now, Kents_Hook said:

it's never been about safety, it's because of one club and one club only. (having players out injured and not having 60k fans for 2nd of jan), i'm no inspector clouseau but even that seems a bit foul.

I know that, you know that but no one will dare call them out on it including our own board.

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

I know that, you know that but no one will dare call them out on it including our own board.

you and i and pretty much 90% of our fan base know what would happen if we did say something about it, we'd have the mhedia, the rest of scottish footballs fans, sfa, spfl and every blind cunt with a dog coming after us attacking us and trying to find ways of bringing the game into disrepute.

38 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

500 is a long way from ideal but that's what it is. No point in bitching about it just get on with the games.

Nah mate, Dundee have a capacity of close to 12000 and can have 500 fans.

We have a capacity of 50000 and can only have 500 fans. 

Fucking horseshit!  

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Aribo and co possibly missing re-arranged fixtures to play against Guinea and fucking Sudan boils my piss.

What a crock of shit that tournament is.

Yes and it seems it is going ahead: :sad:

Africa Cup of Nations: Delayed tournament to go ahead as planned next month, says CAF president Patrice Motsepe | Football News | Sky Sports Tuesday 21 December 2021 22:17, UK