*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Bristoe1872 said:

He hasn't learned from either Aberdeen or County what makes you think he will after this debacle?

I get you're point, I suppose I'm more hopeful, it was so bad first half he can't not see the issues.

2 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Armband should be Jacks… Barasic should be nowhere near the first 11… I really fear Sunday could see us go from 6 ahead to 4 behind!

Jack  can't play 6 games in a row without injury. Hardly captain material. Zero consistency. As reliable as the Scottish weather. 

Wouldn't single Bourna out either mate. Our whole back 4 were fucking tragic tonight. Well, 10 of our players were. 

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The defensive screen normally provided by Jack and Davis has been taken for granted. They provided huge protection for the back four so many times. Arfield was not our worst by any means but Jack should have been in there in front of him.

you have got it right  our midfield should be jack davis kamara with aribo on the right  arfield maybe coming on last 30 mins  all good teams control the midfield we  had kamara fighting a losing battle  what i cannot understand is it was so ovbious how celtic would start the game  how does the manager or the tactical ananylist not see that and set up the team properly

Just now, beararse said:

A heat of the moment comment, but Barisic should never play for Rangers again after that showing. One of THE worst Left back performances i can remember.

However Bassey kept wondering over to double up leaving them with a midfielder hovering in and around the box. Fuck, even a straight pass across into the box at points.

I think Bassey has been poor and CB and looks much better at LB. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take over from Borna for a few games.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

I'm just angry mate. Should have been 9 clear weeks ago and somehow we have caved in to this point. It's a total reverse of last season

Do you honestly think I'm not raging right now? , I'm fucking furious with that performance and result, I'm just saying that things change very quickly, boot in the baws but ffs we need now more than ever to get behind our team 

It's hard to take anything other that a big mouthful of shite from that. I'm concerned about how much of a shitebag and tactically inept Gio is.

However.....if he goes out against Hearts and plays higher up the pitch with a high press and we win then we can still recover from this. If he learns very very quickly how to play when teams press us then we can salvage the season. Time is running out but to learn. It's put up or shut up. As much as they are a good team they have relied on late goals and haven't been under pressure being chased yet. Time to chase.

7 minutes ago, Assegai said:

I hope Gio learns.

Yeh, a lot of understandable raw emotion in here tonight, reminded me of Gerard’s first game against them where we sat back and got beat by a goal, GVB had better learn and reassess his tactics, and quickly, Gerrard did. Shutting the site down for the night and look at things with a cool (cooler) head in the morning, so disappointing but not totally unexpected after our last few games…

Just now, Robmc1 said:

Yeh, a lot of understandable raw emotion in here tonight, reminded me of Gerard’s first game against them where we sat back and got beat by a goal, GVB had better learn and reassess his tactics quickly, Gerrard did. Shutting the site down for the night and look at things with a cool (cooler) head in the morning, so disappointing but not totally unexpected after our last few games…

Agree. Night mate.

30 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Nope, not as it stands. But didn’t look good two weeks ago for them.

It’s one point. These games may not be what defines the season. They may just cancel each other out. Plenty points to play for.

Look at our form, we're on a downward slide here. And we have a bad habit of shitting the bed when the pressure is cranked up. 

I'll probably feel differently before kick off on Sunday but I think that'll just be hope more than anything

5 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Why does it seem to take our players two decades to come back from an injury yet Savco would probably bring back a fatality in a week or so?

Buy injury prone players and unsurprisingly they’ll spend a chunk of season injured.

Roofe for example, plays 5 games and when getting back to match sharpness then gets injured and it’s a never ending cycle with him.

4 minutes ago, billscott said:

you have got it right  our midfield should be jack davis kamara with aribo on the right  arfield maybe coming on last 30 mins  all good teams control the midfield we  had kamara fighting a losing battle  what i cannot understand is it was so ovbious how celtic would start the game  how does the manager or the tactical ananylist not see that and set up the team properly

People were pulling their hair out on here when we played Kamara, Davis and Jack under Gerrard if memory serves!

That was just after Kamara was the whipping boy and a lot before it transferred to Hagi.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Going back to Pedro levels of hatred after this, Gio cannot possibly survive it

That tonight was unforgivable. Despite the fact that Gio has only been in for a few weeks, another disgrace like that tonight should see his arse bouncing on Edmiston Drive.

The only consolation I can take from this is that the first half was so poor that it cannot be ignored.  There were some repeat offenders tonight (Tav, Barisic) who were completely shown up. 

What happens from now until season's end is down to how Gio and the team respond.  The league is certainly not over tonight, but by God we have some work to do.  

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

he put 5 attack minded players in the team and asked them To play defensively.

That's what ripped my knitting early, an attacking team asked to defend for the first 25 minutes and got deservedly pummelled