Gio

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is the most mental and unhinged reaction I've seen to an OF defeat since the Samaras New Year game.

Usually think the match threads/post match stuff can be OTT on here, but just don't think the team gave people much of an alternative. The manner of the performance encourages this sort of reaction because of what it implies for the remainder of the season.

2 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

I don't agree. But I'll show you my thesis.

My post to another thread:

What Gerrard performance this season has shown us we've built upon last season?

Genuine query. Cause I can't think of one. He has almost an identical record to Gerrard now. So what's the difference?

The LC SF result was more than possible with Gerrard still at the helm, and so was tonight’s imo, albeit it might not have been so clear cut, or it might have been worse. Who knows? We have been pretty shite for most of the season.

Just now, JM1872 said:

The LC SF result was more than possible with Gerrard still at the helm, and so was tonight’s imo, albeit it might not have been so clear cut, or it might have been worse. Who knows? We have been pretty shite for most of the season.

Thank you 👍 

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

This topic is a fucking riddy.

Tonight was not a good night we keep going there is 14 games left of the season we cannot give up now.

Aberdeen wasn't a good night

Livi wasn't a good night

Saturday wasn't a good day

Tonight wasn't a good night

Keep going mate...we'll be miles behind them before we wake up

1 minute ago, BlueVanguard said:

This topic is a fucking riddy.

Tonight was not a good night we keep going there is 14 games left of the season we cannot give up now.

People are not just basing this on tonight mate. It's been very evident for a while, after the expected honeymoon period, we have been poor, scraping wins have covered up the problem.

The problem and issues,are now being laid bare

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He wasn't always, maybe you only remember his second stint. 

I agree mate yes. But this season. We've been utter dross under Gerrard as well. I suppose that's the point I'm trying to make.

We've been pish all season. With or without Gio. I don't just think it was Gerrards hunger that went after 55, I think the squads has too.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Livi wasn't a good night

His results were better before he had proper time to work with the players. Plenty of time in the league but that is pretty concerning

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Most the players can't be fucked anymore. Some have been dialed out all season. 

Too many with contracts running out or wanting out.

They'll never find a bigger club to play for. So fuck them whoever wants out . 

Being 3-0 before HT is resignation type stuff. Weekend is must win or Gio will be under huge pressure.

By the time you know it league could be gone. So need to get at it and start winning games consistently.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Livi wasn't a good night

Tonight was always a big ask fs we all know deep down we where a little doubtful about leaving with a win.

Standards have slipped yes but all we can do is look towards the weekend and see what response we get and hopefully Ramsey can be introduced. But for a topic calling out our manager like this is a fucking utter disgrace. He is only in the fucking door we dont know if he will change it up or not.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I thought he was the right man for the job but fuck me, we look an absolute shambles.

No clear plan, just 11 players put on a pitch and hope for a moment of magic from Alfie or Aribo mostly.

Just about everyone on RM says the way to trouble the beggars is to press them . We sat off them till and had all players dropping back into our half in the first half. That coupled with 5/6/7 players being dug shite killed us.

4 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Who would you have appointed? Not a criticism merely a question and also why?

Pass. I'm not trousering six-figures a year to make that hire. I said at the time Gio should have been nowhere near it - and that there was no obvious candidate. There was nothing to suggest he would be a success here. He quickly tailed off at Feyenoord and was piss average in China. We were toldt there was plans in place so a change in management would lead to minimal disruption and it was nothing but bullshit.