Lundstram

MrMckee

8 minutes ago, ZZed said:

A slice for me please.

Is it just me or is Jack's return not just been coincidental in this return to form or has it just taken a while to fully get up to speed given that he was frozen out at Sheffield for a substantial time for not signing a new contract.

Bit like when we re-signed Davis

49 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Is it just me or is Jack's return not just been coincidental in this return to form or has it just taken a while to fully get up to speed given that he was frozen out at Sheffield for a substantial time for not signing a new contract.

Bit like when we re-signed Davis

Thing is, under gerrard when played in a midfield 2, lundstram played well, you watch the strengths in his game, stepping up to meet the opposing midfielders, harassing them, forcing them to turn back and hurry etc

Under gerrards midfield 3, most of the time he had to focus on checking the opoosing left mid/winger as it was his job to cover tav when he went up the park, it stifles the best parts of his game, 

I genuinely dont think he scores that goal on thursday night if gerrard is in charge, purely because he'd have been ten yards or more deeper to cover tav being up the park

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Lundstram is a big sexy freak who absolutely fucking strolled a match against Dortmund, half of which he played out of position :lol: 

Might be a complete fluke, but mind away to monaco under wee dick, he played tugay as sweeper in a back 3 and he strolled it with slippers on and a cigar in his mouth, lundstram was our tugay tonight in that second half

34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Might be a complete fluke, but mind away to monaco under wee dick, he played tugay as sweeper in a back 3 and he strolled it with slippers on and a cigar in his mouth, lundstram was our tugay tonight in that second half

Was it no Hemdani?

If I ever meet John Lundstram I'm going to apologies to the guy.

He's been outstanding over these last few weeks and has done whats best for the team. That's two games in a row he's gone into defence and done a job for us snd that's before you mention his general play which has been very impressive!

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Best yellow card foul you’ll see in your life btw

Fuck knows why Jack didn't do it a moment earlier, but that's in the past.

I thought Lundstram was unbelievable tonight - what a rollercoaster he is - shite, to b2b MOTMs, then shite & then back to one of our best players on the park. 

44 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Iconic performance that, strolling around like Beckenbeaur.