*****Official St Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

Only when Tav n Greegs go Laurel and Hardy

Yup, if madden did his fucking job right two sundays ago, and tav, goldson and shagger did theirs last sunday, were top of the league the now and just navigated a difficult away game that we even struggled at last season and earlier this season

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats completw guesswork, aside from hitting the target in the second half we completely controlled the narrative of the game 

It wasnt the best, im not gonna lie about that we could be better, but the way people are going on its like st johnstone dominated us, 

For 20 minutes they had 65 percent of the ball. That's minging. 

We like dout on out feet at the end and the way the manager fails to address it is beyond worrying. 

After the weekend I expected a response, that's was bogging. 

Just now, RS4_wul said:

The part where we couldn't hold on to the ball for more than 5 seconds/string 4 passes together against an absolutely dugshite side or the fact Arfield was blowing out his arse and Aribo was wank, yet not 1 sub.

We might have created a few half chances but overall that was an abysmal performance against utter shite. That level of performance will cost us more often than not.

We never looked like scoring a second. Huffed and puffed through that entire game.

I am however delighted to leave with 3 points.

Never looked like scoring a secobd yet hit the post and arfield missed what, two good chances, so never looked like scoring a second is a bit far fetched

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

For 20 minutes they had 65 percent of the ball. That's minging. 

We like dout on out feet at the end and the way the manager fails to address it is beyond worrying. 

After the weekend I expected a response, that's was bogging. 

And what did they do in that 20mins, cause what i see is a clean sheet and 3pts, something we all screamed for at the weekend

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We've moaned like fuck about our defence for weeks, tonight they restricted st johnstone to one shot on target, i dont care how poor the opponents are, one shot on target is good defending and thats coming from me who absolutely hates our fucking backline most days

On another day the one off the post goes in, arfield scores one of his chances and we walk away winning by 3 and talking about how good it is to score 3, its extremely fine margins but tonight we didnt look like conceding really, 

It's a st Johnstone team who have only scored 18 goals all season mate. Think it was down more to bad opposition than Maldini'esque defending.

Delighted with the 3 points but game wasn't managed well.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats completw guesswork, aside from hitting the target in the second half we completely controlled the narrative of the game 

It wasnt the best, im not gonna lie about that we could be better, but the way people are going on its like st johnstone dominated us, 

It’s hardly guesswork our last 4 games show it’s the case, performance wasn’t great and I’ll take the points but if we want to win the league then we need to play way better and more consistently through the whole game, we won’t get away with performances like that against better teams.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Never looked like scoring a secobd yet hit the post and arfield missed what, two good chances, so never looked like scoring a second is a bit far fetched

The 2 good chances fell to the wrong player mate. Our shooting is woeful. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's a st Johnstone team who have only scored 18 goals all season mate. Think it was down more to bad opposition than Maldini'esque defending.

Delighted with the 3 points but game wasn't managed well.

And out of they 18 goals, one was against us the last time we were here, 

Arguably the game was managed brilliantly, they created fuck all and we won, theres nothing better than that

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

4231 where creativity is stifled, full backs don't get forward and we rely on Morelos for everything.

Look I’m all for criticising when necessary (i.e. subs) but his tactics are very good and flexible on an almost game by game basis. 

One game on that park doesn’t mean full backs don’t get forward, it was only 2 games ago, Tav was the furthest forward scoring. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aribo was unlucky, morelos was unlucky, but reading peoples posts you'd think st johnstone were battering us from the minute we scored

Next year grannyville.co.gers will bring you straight here

Still anyone's title.

Just don't know what Rangers is turning up from one game to the next.

celtic no great shakes either, I don't think thry feel comfortable sitting at the top, it's a completely different mindset.

If (I know) we beat the sheep Saturday, will be an interesting Sunday when they face Livingston.

31 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

March 2nd.

Glen Kamara has now scored more goals this season than Ryan Kent.

20 million pound player but mate, don’t forget that

21 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Could easily have went 5 points behind tonight

Could easily have been 1 or 0 behind

19 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

What the fk is wrong with Gio and Sakala 

Sakala isn’t actually very good

Delighted for the 3 points which is ultimately the most important thing but the team are struggling like fuck energy wise and we make no subs??

Arfield barely moved in the 2nd half, even bring a sub on to waste time to close it out.

Don’t get the tactics at all, gutted as loved him as a player and wanted him as manager but fuck me give the players a chance.

Same eleven against Aberdeen…