Are we in crisis?

graeme_4

Are we in a crisis as a club?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Are we in bother here?

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Cheers bro. 

It is hysterical acknowledging all the stuff that’s going on and where we are? Or better to just pretend it’s all ok?

It's not pretending because everything is ok, that's the problem, it needs to be better than ok to win this league.

No point panicking when the league is in our hands. 

Beat them at Ibrox then see where we are imo

Just now, plymouthranger said:

We have a very slim chance. Your basically looking at a 3rd round qualifier against a national champion from a similar ranked nation, then a play off against a side from a top 6 league.

There’s a reason the runners up haven’t qualified in about 15 years…

I’m just saying we will still have that chance. 

In a word - no. The financial model is kicking in (Nathan Patterson) and we are challenging  on 3 fronts. Obviously blowing the League - when we really should be breezing it   - would be a set back, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could qualify for the Champions League from 2nd. No matter what happens a team and tactical overhaul is overdue. The quality and timing  of this transition will obviously depend on the League outcome.

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

I’m just saying we will still have that chance. 

Agreed, but it’s slim.

The difference is, the winner of the league knows they’ve got £40million guaranteed and will budget and spend accordingly. 

The runner up won’t know if they’re getting £40million or £5-8million until the last week of August, which means you have to plan on the smaller budget. It also means if a miracle happens and you secure CL football, those last minute signings haven’t had pre-season here and will likely get thrown in at the deep end. 

Who the fuck voted full club crisis 😂

Little reminder that 2nd place still can qualify for the champions league. Not that that's what we should be aiming for. 

We're in with a good chance of getting to the quarters of the Europa. 

3 points behind, ok goal difference but one big scoring game / beat them at Ibrox in a few weeks and it's anyone's to call.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

It really is as simple as if we don't win the league then we are majorly fucked.....automatic champions league football strengthens them financially and with the same prospect of guaranteed champions league qualification the following year then we could be facing armageddon....in truth we need to beat them twice in the remaining games(even then their is no guarantee we won't drop further points) today was IMHO one of the few opportunities left for them to fuck up so it is starting to look bleak

Not quite as simple as that. We could qualify for the Champions League by winning the Europa (very, very likely but not guaranteed).

Or we could qualify for the Champions League via the qualifiers.

Just now, Monkey Butler said:

Why do we need an major overhaul? 

I wouldn't say "major overhaul" but we definitely need to some kind of rebuild and to replace a good amount of our squad imo. I know its easy to say but a lot of our squads heart isn't in it any more.

Think a massive issue is a settled back 4  we need a fit helander  or balogun back in . Id also like to see Roofe get a run .

Aribo and arfield need time off . Both blowing out their arses ..

IMO we need to win all out games cos I honestly don't see them losing unless it's against us . 

1 minute ago, Willis said:

I wouldn't say "major overhaul" but we definitely need to some kind of rebuild and to replace a good amount of our squad imo. I know its easy to say but a lot of our squads heart isn't in it any more.

If we don't lose any of our current squad (excluding the ones who are out of contract and/or likely to retire) then maybe we need a few players in, but a few players doesn't constitute a rebuild or an overhaul. 

This is the same team who just pumped Dortmund. They've clearly got it in them. 

49 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Agreed, but it’s slim.

The difference is, the winner of the league knows they’ve got £40million guaranteed and will budget and spend accordingly. 

The runner up won’t know if they’re getting £40million or £5-8million until the last week of August, which means you have to plan on the smaller budget. It also means if a miracle happens and you secure CL football, those last minute signings haven’t had pre-season here and will likely get thrown in at the deep end. 

The teams that qualified from the league path the last few year have been from belgium, ukraine, portugal, greece,sweden and russia. Itd be difficult but not nearly impossible . You arent playing teams from england, germany, spain or italy. We would have a chance. We would need to get any news players in early in the summer and let anyone leaving go early also.

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

Remember 2 years ago when THEY were handed the league? We had games in hand and would still have been more points behind than we are now but were convinced we could still win the league. Changed times eh?

For me we need to take the bull by the horns and go for it,all in. Roofe and Morelos up front,less fannying about wi the ball around the box,take on shots and stop f99king around at the back wasting time.

It might have mathematically possible but you’d have been hard pushed to find any Rangers fans who thought we could actually have won it. We got beat off Hamilton at Ibrox fs. Actually if anyone did think we would’ve won it then I’d say they need a mental health professional to give them a once over. 

50 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

If we don't lose any of our current squad (excluding the ones who are out of contract and/or likely to retire) then maybe we need a few players in, but a few players doesn't constitute a rebuild or an overhaul. 

We have to lose at least some of the current squad, it needs refreshed and we need to start cashing in. We can’t continue to hoarde players

I think people are underestimating the importance of winning this league and securing the guaranteed 40m. That will have enormous ramifications in terms of future investment and stability of the club - either that or they are seeing something from this group of players that I just aint. 

Its also the fact we have made a complete fucking pigs ear of it from a relative position of strength after refusing to build and invest from last season. The board and recruitment team need to be held to account if we do not win the league... folk can say the board have dug deep in the past etc which is true but this season I felt was huge in terms of establishing a real gap between us and the rest and setting us up for continued future success which is sustainable. 

It is still in our hands but I just dont have confidence in this squad of players to deliver the consistency needed or how the manager has us playing from a tactical standpoint in the league. 

55 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Kent , morelos , aribo , Jack,  helander all go into the final year of their contracts , we can't have another goldson situation so they all need to be sold or sign extensions , add in definitely losing goldson , not sure how to describe that other than a rebuild 

6 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Kent , morelos , aribo , Jack,  helander all go into the final year of their contracts , we can't have another goldson situation so they all need to be sold or sign extensions , add in definitely losing goldson , not sure how to describe that other than a rebuild 

Add in mcgregor and davis being out the door 

9 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

My assumption was that we kept all those players.