Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

46 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Gio has regressed us to the point where I give up on this season.

Internal promotion to the end of the season for the B team boss would do me. Even the return of Murty would raise a cheer.

Yip, 7-1 down to Liverpool, this would have raised a cheer

download.jpeg.jpg

52 minutes ago, NI said:

I don't understand why he protects the board like this, if his job is on the line he can find another one elsewhere. Be real, say the truth and walk away Gio.

I think the problem is he genuinely has no belief in his players.

I would say it’s probably not uncommon for a player who played at the very top level to just assume that everyone should have his ability and has no idea how to coach them to improve.

He gives off an air of “well what do expect with a bunch of plodders”, “I am telling them what to do know it’s not my fault or their fault  that they aren’t capable.” 

When you have leader who has the attitude of “a donkey can’t win the grand national” the team is never going to perform 

We need a manager that believes in his players and believes in himself. Gerrard had the belief if not the coaching ability or tactical nous. Gio doesn’t seem to have any of it

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

£160, over 270+ minutes and the opposition keepers have had less than a handful of saves to make.

he play keep the zero for the opposition. 

things are not right between manager and players.  if they dont act and it ends the way it looks like ending. those cunts shpuld be chased anol. 

Rather than being a disadvantage, it’s possible that the Ambulance Eleven we’ve been assembling might actually be a blessing.

If even half these malingerers had been fit enough to sell, we would only have bought another Matondo or two.

If and when the new manager has his firesale, any monies raised can help fund the purchase of, pretty much, a whole squad.

King, Lowry, McCann, Yilmaz, Devine, Colak and possibly the two Americans (if deals at the right price can be done) should be kept and raise whatever we can from flogging the rest.

41 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Does anyone think last nights squad (plus Lundstram) are going to keep the points difference no worse until we play that mob? Does anyone think the squad are likely to beat the scum in January?

Which players are likely to be back from injury and up to speed to make the difference? Or do we think we'll do better than them in any transfer dealings before the game? Or perhaps confidence is there that our form will dramatically improve to give us belief?

Cos see if there's not that genuine belief and justification for it then its a case of hoping. And if that's all we have then we're better doing something about it before the league does run away from us.

How 99% of us can see that but the Board can't or won't, or won't act upon, is disgraceful.

I don’t want to keep Gio, but I can see why the board aren’t making decisions yet. 

We’ve basically got an entire 11 out, which is down to piss poor recruitment which doesn’t sit at Gios door. 

Also, the tarriers have been scraping wins in the past month and could drop points. Any bad result for them and we’re back in it, the problem is any bad result for us and we’re probably out of it. Fine margins.

19 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Guys fucking clueless.  12 champions league games he’s managed btw…

11 defeats 

Embarrassing. It's funny when he arrived I heard he's pish in Europe but won the Dutch league etc. Last season he was phenomenal in Europe and terrible in league. Now he's terrible in both.

9 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I don’t want to keep Gio, but I can see why the board aren’t making decisions yet. 

We’ve basically got an entire 11 out, which is down to piss poor recruitment which doesn’t sit at Gios door. 

Also, the tarriers have been scraping wins in the past month and could drop points. Any bad result for them and we’re back in it, the problem is any bad result for us and we’re probably out of it. Fine margins.

Since they got beat in Sept by St Mirren they've won all five Oct games with 19 goals for and 5 against.  Now they're out of europe and concentrating solely on domestic football I see even less chance of slip ups from them. We have to assume they won't, and assume we'll not slip up either and will best them.

I'm not sure whether we'll get enough injured players back fit enough, soon enough, to help hit the form needed to drop less points and also beat them.

I'm not seeing where such confidence comes from that we can do it tbh.  I'd say it's odds considerably against rather than fine margins. 

And like with SG it's all about the league, we need that back, anything else is failure.

25 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Rather than being a disadvantage, it’s possible that the Ambulance Eleven we’ve been assembling might actually be a blessing.

If even half these malingerers had been fit enough to sell, we would only have bought another Matondo or two.

If and when the new manager has his firesale, any monies raised can help fund the purchase of, pretty much, a whole squad.

King, Lowry, McCann, Yilmaz, Devine, Colak and possibly the two Americans (if deals at the right price can be done) should be kept and raise whatever we can from flogging the rest.

Flogging the rest he's took as that far backwards we'd struggle to get any fee for our players. Not long ago we were talking of fees around £20m for Morelos, £15m for Kent and £10m for Kamara we'll certainly not be seeing fees like that mentioned for our players anytime soon due to the negative style of football. 

12 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Embarrassing. It's funny when he arrived I heard he's pish in Europe but won the Dutch league etc. Last season he was phenomenal in Europe and terrible in league. Now he's terrible in both.

Last season In Europe he had not yet sucked the belief out of them completely. However even in that final I think if we had shown the same intensity as we delivered against Borussia or Leipzig we win that match. 

4 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Last season In Europe he had not yet sucked the belief out of them completely. However even in that final I think if we had shown the same intensity as we delivered against Borussia or Leipzig we win that match. 

I agree with this. Once he's had a preseason and months more "coaching" he's managed to take every single player backwards at an alarming rate.

He's a fraud. He's never a football manager.

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I agree with this. Once he's had a preseason and months more "coaching" he's managed to take every single player backwards at an alarming rate.

He's a fraud. He's never a football manager.

Such shite patter :lol:

Only manager this century to win Feyenoord a title, and one of 5 in our history to get to a European final, never a manager though :lol: 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

And that's the thing. We can't just write off the European results as a "bonus". 

People have spent their hard earned money on a package that is apparently higher than a lot of other clubs in the competition are paying. The results have been disasterous and the 1-7 game alone should have been enough to see changes. 

9 or 10 shots on goal in 6 games is an embarassment. 

I very much agree, but I also don't think the board could care less.

We are adrift in the ocean with no cunt trying to steer us away from the rocks.

Although we have numbers once everyone is fit there are a lot of players soon out of contract and coming up to retirement.  And of those they were key players over the last few years.

If there was a fire sale of the decent players who are left next summer does anyone believe the money would be spent on anything better than we had sold?

I can't remember the last time we bought a player who was obviously improving the first team.

His attitude about this is really souring my attitude towards him and loved him as a player.

Little accountability for players and mangement underperforming so dramatically. Pathetic, excuse mentality now at the club. We all know the teams are ahead of us, and the horrific injury situation, but how about we concentrate on what we can control and take ownership for our own performances? Workrate, desire are fundamentals. Basic passes going astray. Missed chances from open goals. Transfer money wasted on players not contributing. No tactical plan that made life hard for opponents in any way at all (even to frustrate them or have a low block, the most basic apporoach to frustrate teams who are better than you). You are paid well enough Gio, take some fucking responsibility instead of constantly calling out the things that are out of your control.

I think Gio is a stick on to end up managing somebody like New York City FC and probably go on to do quite well.

I just don’t think he’s the right manager for us. He’s not got the personality or character for it and it makes the job too big for him. He won’t be the first and he won’t be the last either. 

You don't have to be Nostradamus to forsee what's about to happen. We will limp on with the same dire performances until we inevitably drop even further behind seperate entity,and yes eventually this manager will go,but by then it will be to little to late. I haven't the willpower or the energy to list the entire litany of why we need change,from worst CL record to 9-1 and 7-1 aggregate losses,to ridiculous transfer decisions on both incoming and outgoing players,the mind numbing football we are watching,the stubborn refusal to change,Peters and Lee can see how this season is going to pan out,and all the while the beasts edge ever closer to our trophy haul. 

There is also something seriously wrong causing the amount of injuries we are picking up which are almost entirely long term. 

As a Rangers fan im thoroughly apathetic to this entire situation. Other clubs act. We plod on and dither. 

Ps. I found the managers comments on our finances alarming. And serious questions need asked. 

24 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Think that’s harsh.

Last season in Europe we were very close to not getting out an average EL group after shitting the bed in the CL qualifier, prior to GvB coming in.

His tactics and flexibility helped us in each of those EL knockout rounds, we were penalties away from one of the greatest nights in our lifetime.

This season we progressed through two difficult ties to get to the CL and then massively shat ourselves which he needs to take responsibility for especially the manner of the defeats.