Ross Wilson

KingKirk

10 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

He looked good at County.

Not really his fault he was thrown straight in at Parkhead. Still think he can contribute something big.

So Alex Lowry who stood out like a sare thumb drops out completely yesterday and cant get a sniff, is it right we stop the progress of our own players for a man utd academy prospect?

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Arfield who you wank over took his place

Diallo, wason the bench.

Arfield has contributed this season, unfortunate for injuries that has has not got back running, was in our top 3 players at one point earlier in the season, struggling now to contribute though.

3 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

So Alex Lowry who stood out like a sare thumb drops out completely yesterday and cant get a sniff, is it right we stop the progress of our own players for a man utd academy prospect?

Maybe Diallo looks head and shoulders above him in training?

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

Diallo, wason the bench.

Arfield has contributed this season, unfortunate for injuries that has has not got back running, was in our top 3 players at one point earlier in the season, struggling now to contribute though.

Arfield who plays the same position as Lowry and has been fucking awful for ages took his position, not a winger

11 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Also Diallo’s only here for another two months I don’t see how having a player on a short term loan with no option to buy affects any other players development.

It’s not like Diallo has been playing either and denying other players of minutes.

46 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Or maybe we (Ross Wilson) would look pretty fucking stupid if he didn't even make the bench. If that's the case then that is denying another player a place, which could be Lowry. 

Not Diallos fault though tbh. 

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

He looked good at County.

Not really his fault he was thrown straight in at Parkhead. Still think he can contribute something big.

You would’ve looked good at county mate. The boy has no heart. Our under 21 team would’ve loved this opportunity.  

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

You would’ve looked good at county mate. The boy has no heart. Our under 21 team would’ve loved this opportunity.  

Do we have any players that play wide left or right in the u21s that’s rated highly? Most of the players are central (Lowry, McCann and Weston)

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Do we have any players that play wide left or right in the u21s that’s rated highly? Most of the players are central (Lowry, McCann and Weston)

Surely we could adjust the team to get Lowry in. The boy looks good. If bodies need to be moved to other positions then so be it. He really looks a natural mate.   

8 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Surely we could adjust the team to get Lowry in. The boy looks good. If bodies need to be moved to other positions then so be it. He really looks a natural mate.   

Yeah I have very high hopes for him, it’s just our right side is a real pain in the ass. It was a priority position to get someone signed in January and we lost out to Brugge for Skov Olsen only to sign Diallo who is not built for this league and has been an utterly pointless waste of time and money, he may have ability but he’s not cut out for this league.

This is where I’d look to change formation to a 4-3-1-2 to drop the wide players and play two up top with one in behind (lowry) then jack and lundstram. As Bassey and Tav bomb forward jack and lundstram drift wider to cover the wings. You then have two strikers in the box and Lowry lurking on the edge of the box because the boy can hit a shot.

Wishful thinking as I can’t see the manager changing anything meaning we try to shoehorn players into a right wing role: Aribo, Hagi, Arfield, Sakala….we’ve been at this all season.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Doubt it, and doubt he will ever make the grade in any top league. A typical Man Utd silly gamble signing a boy with a few sub appearances for 19 million plus  enormous add ons. I think seeing that he was not going to make it the thought was to get him to a very poor league to make him look good and punt him abroad to recover some of his fee. Pity he is nowhere near good enough even in our footballing backwater.

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Yeah I have very high hopes for him, it’s just our right side is a real pain in the ass. It was a priority position to get someone signed in January and we lost out to Brugge for Skov Olsen only to sign Diallo who is not built for this league and has been an utterly pointless waste of time and money, he may have ability but he’s not cut out for this league.

This is where I’d look to change formation to a 4-3-1-2 to drop the wide players and play two up top with one in behind (lowry) then jack and lundstram. As Bassey and Tav bomb forward jack and lundstram drift wider to cover the wings. You then have two strikers in the box and Lowry lurking on the edge of the box because the boy can hit a shot.

Wishful thinking as I can’t see the manager changing anything meaning we try to shoehorn players into a right wing role: Aribo, Hagi, Arfield, Sakala….we’ve been at this all season.

I really think we need to get this boy tied up. From what I’ve seen he’s a player. Would hate to see him leave for a pittance. I’m sure the big money clubs are watching him and that is our problem. 

8 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

GVB said he wanted to keep Arfield as well. I think it's time he went.

There's going to be a massive turnover of players regardless of who's manager, we need some continuity and experience left so I don't see how that's a bad thing

42 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

There's going to be a massive turnover of players regardless of who's manager, we need some continuity and experience left so I don't see how that's a bad thing

Contribution is as important as experience. And where the player is getting on a bit its important to consider whether that level of contribution would be maintained after another full season. If not, its a risk we just fill a squad jersey with someone who had been out of contract and would have cost us nothing to let walk away.

I can see both sides of the Arfield debate, neither is overwhelming.

He's actually played plenty, I'm not sure has contributed enough to earn a new deal, but his goals / assists stats are arguably better than others who have had more opportunity.  Does he have another 12 months in his legs to offer the same or more next season? Could we do better with his wages? Big questions.

Both he and Balogun are imo in similar positions where another year could be argued strongly for / against.  Balogun for me has a stronger case of the 2.

46 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

GVB said he wanted to keep Arfield as well. I think it's time he went.

If he is kept on a reduced wage he is handy to have for Europe as he counts as an association trained player. 

8 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It's this sort of change that is needed imo. Been here so often before. Bringing in a couple of youngsters fixes it. Agree we need to go two up as well. Opposition have our system sussed.

25 minutes ago, gj923 said:

If he is kept on a reduced wage he is handy to have for Europe as he counts as an association trained player. 

I’d keep him on if he can regularly contribute next season. I doubt he can, so it’s time to go. I wouldn’t keep anyone on just for Europe.