Ross Wilson

KingKirk

40+ pages of discussion on Gio and only 4 pages on Wilson.

I know the manager is the highest profile person at the club but everything happening with us right now, and what will happen in the coming months, is a reflection of Ross Wilson and his inability to do his job properly.

He needs to go and we as a support need to put pressure on until he is gone.

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I know the manager is the highest profile person at the club but everything happening with us right now, and what will happen in the coming months, is a microcosm of Ross Wilson and his inability to do his job properly.

I suspect it will go the other way and board will start leaking stuff about players to protect Wilson and Gio.

Stuff about how we’ve made player x,y,z amazing contract offers but they’ve rejected.

17 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I know the manager is the highest profile person at the club but everything happening with us right now, and what will happen in the coming months, is a microcosm of Ross Wilson and his inability to do his job properly.

The entire support know what Gio does. I think the majority don't know exactly what Wilson's job remit is. 

Gio still has to take the majority of the blame. He trains, picks and sets up the team every match.

28 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The entire support know what Gio does. I think the majority don't know exactly what Wilson's job remit is. 

Gio still has to take the majority of the blame. He trains, picks and sets up the team every match.

Gio doesn’t take the majority of the blame for the majority of our assets going into the final year of their deals, Goldson being allowed to run his deal down and ultimately leave on a free, setting up a sub standard scouting system that has led to a piss poor signing policy where we have signed rubbish player after rubbish player or botching deals to take players to the club in January.

We are sleep walking into an absolute shitshow of a Summer and the vast majority of what comes to pass is going to be things that Wilson should have dealt with but didn’t all coming to fruition at the same time.

Gio might need to go, but Wilson absolutely needs to go.

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Hagi - should at least break even but he’s more about effort than end product

Bassey - undoubted success

McLaughlin - can’t fault him

Balogun - solid journeyman pro, OK signing imo.

Roofe - flatters to deceive, never be a regular no. 9

Itten - better with Callum Hendry or Jordan White, complete dud

Zungu - aspires to be average and fails

Simpson - see Zungu

Wright - average SPFL player, thought we could develop him but he’s clearly the new Greg Stewart

Sakala - an indication of how poor we were is that he improved us. Comedy signing.

Ofoborh - genuinely unlucky here, be good to see him on the pitch one day

Lundstram - never been convinced although he’s improved enormously. Pass.

Bacuna - see Zungu and Simpson

Sands - tidy player, very few mistakes but low impact or presence. Jury’s out.

Diallo - who?

Zukowski - looks like succession planning, promising but again, jury’s still out

Ramsay - clearly a talented player when fully fit but signing a player for four months who isn’t fit for two of them is ridiculous, no matter how good the player is.

I make that one undeniable success (Bassey), a couple of pass marks (Balogun, McLaughlin), a few undecided but the majority are proven failures.

That is an atrocious record, poor enough to justify replacing him.

Good post, and very little I would disagree with other than, at the time, I and most on here thought signing Ramsay was a master stroke.

34 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I know the manager is the highest profile person at the club but everything happening with us right now, and what will happen in the coming months, is a reflection of Ross Wilson and his inability to do his job properly.

If he goes just to be replaced by another DOF like the previous one who was lauded at one time but for the life of me cannot remember his name what's the point.

A lot of the blame has to lay with the board not selling players at their peak to ensure turnover of the team whilst improving the starting 11 and repeating the process

The board once a year talk about a player trading model (probably for about close to 5 years now) but nearly every transfer window comes along with a few dross being moved on.

Prior to Patterson going the only other notable sale was Josh Windass whilst Gerrard was allowed to sign about 45 players.

So yes when you have a DOF its easy to blame him but when the board is pretty clueless with regards to strategy simply relying on each other to fund the next random transfer this is what we end up with.

Having 3 of your best players coming up to the last 12 months of their contract is a pretty poor show and I can see at least one of them simply running the contract down to get a free transfer with a big signing bonus down south.

Wilson could go tomorrow with the onus then on the manger to identify the players with whatever help Wilson has but I don't see that changing our fortunes.

9 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

Good post, and very little I would disagree with other than, at the time, I and most on here thought signing Ramsay was a master stroke.

Yeah you're probably right but I don't think anyone fully realised just how far from fitness he was - "he still plays for Wales right".

The gamble was that we'd get him up to full fitness then he'd be the difference post split and in the latter stages of Europe. 

Well we lost that gamble as he's still not able to play 90 minutes apparently and we've fucked up the league enough that he could be in the best form of his life and we'd still not win it now. Europe is still a slim chance but I'm very far from confident we get past Braga.

Maybe the £2M or whatever we ponied up for Ramsey plus the outgoings for Sands, Diallo and the Polish lad would have been better spent on getting us a young hungry striker to give cover for Morelos?

Surely Gio with all his connections in Holland and England and Spain would have been able to source someone that fit the bill?

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Yeah you're probably right but I don't think anyone fully realised just how far from fitness he was - "he still plays for Wales right".

The gamble was that we'd get him up to full fitness then he'd be the difference post split and in the latter stages of Europe. 

Well we lost that gamble as he's still not able to play 90 minutes apparently and we've fucked up the league enough that he could be in the best form of his life and we'd still not win it now. Europe is still a slim chance but I'm very far from confident we get past Braga.

Maybe the £2M or whatever we ponied up for Ramsey plus the outgoings for Sands, Diallo and the Polish lad would have been better spent on getting us a young hungry striker to give cover for Morelos?

Surely Gio with all his connections in Holland and England and Spain would have been able to source someone that fit the bill?

For an athlete apparently not injured just lacking matches when he joined us, it's been a disgraceful amount of time taken to get to a level of fitness nowhere close to lasting 90mins in an OF game.

Our fans can be so fickle. A few months ago some were lauding him as the messiah because he helped get Ramsey through the door...

Personally I couldn't care less about him. He could go tonight and I wouldn't be bothered. His recruitment has been more miss than hit. Not good enough for a club of our calibre.

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Think the problem for me is that I am not really sure what Wilson’s actual job description is in terms of recruiting. Does the manager identify players he would like and it’s the DoF job to sign them, or does the manager identify positions he would like cover for, and the DoF identifies a list of potentials within our price range/ wage structure, or does the manager just take what he gets with little input? 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

For an athlete apparently not injured just lacking matches when he joined us, it's been a disgraceful amount of time taken to get to a level of fitness nowhere close to lasting 90mins in an OF game.

Which is why it's pointless to say the fans were excited about him joining. We saw a world class player signing for Rangers for 6 months. Of course we would trust that those doing the deal performed proper due diligence to ensure that he would actually be able to play right?

Just now, The Beast said:

Which is why it's pointless to say the fans were excited about him joining. We saw a world class player signing for Rangers for 6 months. Of course we would trust that those doing the deal performed proper due diligence that he would actually be able to play right?

Like with the SNP a headline seems far more important from within our club than any due diligence.

1 minute ago, Ladytonbear said:

Think the problem for me is that I am not really sure what Wilson’s actual job description is in terms of recruiting. Does the manager identify players he would like and it’s the DoF job to sign them, or does the manager identify positions he would like cover for, and the DoF identifies a list of potentials within our price range/ wage structure, or does the manager just take what he gets with little input? 

At the time Wilson's sweaty grinning little face was all over the place and he left us in no doubt that this was his deal.

18 minutes ago, gj923 said:

The board once a year talk about a player trading model (probably for about close to 5 years now) but nearly every transfer window comes along with a few dross being moved on.

When it comes to our player trading model we are the equivalent of a gambler who's coupon was looking good at half time and has waited too long to cash out and it's now the 80th minute and it's only a few pence being offered...

In fact it's more like the 89th minute and there's no cash out available.

6 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

When it comes to our player trading model we are the equivalent of a gambler who's coupon was looking good at half time and has waited too long to cash out and it's now the 80th minute and it's only a few pence being offered...

In fact it's more like the 89th minute and there's no cash out available.

The day after we got knocked out by Malmö and lost all that prospective CL revenue we should have been punting at least one maybe two of our "top" players when their value was still high, that at least would have given us some money to work with to strengthen the squad overall. Instead we go back to shopping in the free transfer/bargain basement aisle for dogshit like Bacuna and Fashion.

22 minutes ago, The Beast said:

The day after we got knocked out by Malmö and lost all that prospective CL revenue we should have been punting at least one maybe two of our "top" players when their value was still high, that at least would have given us some money to work with to strengthen the squad overall. Instead we go back to shopping in the free transfer/bargain basement aisle for dogshit like Bacuna and Fashion.

Gerrard didn't want anyone going so no one went. Executive board shat it after denying him his transfer shortlist. Ended up going anyway and we end up stuck with players far from their initial value and out of contract in a year. 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard didn't want anyone going so no one went. Executive board shat it after denying him his transfer shortlist. Ended up going anyway and we end up stuck with players far from their initial value and out of contract in a year. 

You're probably right about how it unfolded but in this case Gerrard should have been overruled. It was completely obvious the squad was in sore need of quality refreshing from our form in the last quarter of the 55 season.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

You're probably right about how it unfolded but in this case Gerrard should have been overruled. It was completely obvious the squad was in sore need of quality refreshing from our form in the last quarter of the 55 season.

Gerrard ran the club, far more power than the Executive board. Only got denied his shortlist because there was no money.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard ran the club, far more power than the Executive board. Only got denied his shortlist because there was no money.

And I think that Gerrard had that control was mostly a good thing however there needs to be checks and balances in any system of governance and in this case Gerrard was wrong.