Connor Goldson Signs New 4 Year Contract

MattyBlue

So … we save a fortune on buying a replacement, Goldson gets a nice signing on fee which means we can keep him within the wage structure, the defence remains pretty intact from last season going into the Champions League qualifiers, and we can spend to strengthen in other areas.  

Sounds like a win win win win situation. 

Pleasantly surprised. Whenever it looks like a player is about to move on for supposedly bigger things, I always look at what we might replace them with and Frankly, Goldson is pretty much irreplaceable within the realms of what we can afford so it's a big win for me. Gio is doing what all the good managers do, by building a team around a solid defence. Desperately hoping we can bring a bit of class into midfield before next season.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Been out at a family funeral all day .Come home to this .This is a superb signing .Not just a resigning but 4 years .None of this pishy 2 year extension.

👏👏👏👏

Sorry for your loss mate. Was pretty sure Goldson was off but I'm delighted he's staying.