Ridvan Yilmaz signs for Rangers

Broxi

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

Borna is playing well enough just now that we don’t need to rush Yilmaz into the side. He’s a young boy, playing in a new team, with new tactics, in a new country. He’ll get the 90 minutes on Tuesday I’d have thought. 

He’s done ok lately .Don’t think il ever be able to trust him fully again though .The game at the piggery and the first leg in Belgium were outrageously bad performances.

Just now, magic8ball said:

He’s done ok lately .Don’t think il ever be able to trust him fully again though .The game at the piggery and the first leg in Belgium were outrageously bad performances.

I’m the same. You just know he’s due a total drop off in performance and confidence at any moment unfortunately. He comes and goes…

2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I’m the same. You just know he’s due a total drop off in performance and confidence at any moment unfortunately. He comes and goes…

Drops in form happen to most players .But it wasn’t so much a loss in form with him that put me off, it was a complete and utter loss of bottle.

Kent is the perfect example of somebody who’s form can disappear,But his willingness and drive are ever present .Even when out of form I have no misgivings when he’s named on the team sheet .

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Drops in form happen to most players .But it wasn’t so much a loss in form with him that put me off, it was a complete and utter loss of bottle.

Kent is the perfect example of somebody who’s form can disappear,But his willingness and drive are ever present .Even when out of form I have no misgivings when he’s named on the team sheet .

After the game he ran away from mcgregor I was in a huff for about 4 days. Patched going to see IDLES the next night even though I’d booked the time off work. Never forgive him for making me miss it :lol:

I’d quite happily sell Kent tbh. Doesn’t produce anywhere near enough for the money he cost us. 

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

All depends what the offer for Kent was .Doesn’t matter how much he cost .What matters to me is how difficult it would be to get a replacement of a similar level .

I know stats are huge in the modern game .But for me he gives us something that stats don’t really ever show .

If we can’t get a replacement who scores and assists more I for the cash we could get for him, plus the CL money, then the scouting team need their jotters. Hate to compare us to that mob, but they got two wingers that score and assist regularly for about the same money as Kent in jota and abada. 

3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

If we can’t get a replacement who scores and assists more I for the cash we could get for him, plus the CL money, then the scouting team need their jotters. Hate to compare us to that mob, but they got two wingers that score and assist regularly for about the same money as Kent in jota and abada. 

Just checked and abada cost them nearly £4m :lol: So I’m not quite right. He did produce plenty of goals last season though. Unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

Just checked and abada cost them nearly £4m :lol: So I’m not quite right. He did produce plenty of goals last season though. Unfortunately. 

Goals doesn’t always show the full story .Like stats .How many of those goals and assists were at key pressure times .Abada for me is their version of Rabbi . 

17 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Goals doesn’t always show the full story .Like stats .How many of those goals and assists were at key pressure times .Abada for me is their version of Rabbi . 

If Matondo, and others like him, can score and assist the same number abada did for them last season we’ll win the league. 

Still a bit unsure about him tbh, he does look a good prospect but the best attributes of bassey were he was a massive unit, with decent pace and strong on the ball, decent at getting up the park. No cunt was bullying him aff the ball, can't imagine yilmaz going through any cunt tbh. 

Hopefully he fulfills his potential at us though, does look like a technically gifted attacking full back.

Losing Bassey we lost a lot of CB attributes. Height, aggression etc.

Barisic is somewhere in between. Bit bigger than Yilmaz. Hopefully Yilmaz is better at overlapping. 

We know every team just double marks Kent now if Barisic won’t go beyond him. But too late to have Yilmaz near the OF game.

11 hours ago, SPWF said:

Scouting doesn’t always work .Players could get scouted to the max .You never know how they will fit in until they actually get here and get in the team .

We have all seen it ourselves over the years.Players turn up with great expectations but just don’t work out and there are others who fit in better than expected .Kent himself a good example .Never did anything of note until he came here .

I watched Barasic closely yesterday because I need to change my mind on him. 
He very rarely took on his man. Kent in front of him was gagging for a ball down the line but seldom got it. With Kent in possession he overlaps and whips in the odd cross. 

He’s the most frustrating player we have as he is scared to take on his man and set up an attack. More often than not that’s left to Tav. 

Id like to see more of Yilmaz and I haven’t changed my mind on Barasic  

Harsh maybe but he’s not my cup of tea  

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I watched Barasic closely yesterday because I need to change my mind on him. 
He very rarely took on his man. Kent in front of him was gagging for a ball down the line but seldom got it. With Kent in possession he overlaps and whips in the odd cross. 

He’s the most frustrating player we have as he is scared to take on his man and set up an attack. More often than not that’s left to Tav. 

Id like to see more of Yilmaz and I haven’t changed my mind on Barasic  

Harsh maybe but he’s not my cup of tea  

Spot on.

Sands to Barisic to Kent to Barisic to Sands.

And again. And again.

By the time it gets to Kent the other lot have all shuffled over and we’re going up a dead end.

Ironically, the best alternative I’ve ever seen featured van Bronckhorst himself. Check out Wallace’s goal against Dortmund which many consider our best ever goal in Europe.

For Barisic and Kent, read Numan and Albertz. But a midfielder (Gio) comes across to join in and the dynamic changes. If we’re attacking down the left perhaps Lawrence should be more closely involved to help defeat the inevitable doubling-up.