*****The Official Rangers v PSV Eindhoven Thread*****

G.E.C.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

How many of those away games have been played where we drew the first leg and needed a result to take us through?

I get your point but we were an absolute shambles at Red Star which I think was the only second leg away game we played last season other than Alashkert where we were also murder. If I remember right Gio’s record away in Europe with Feyenoord was poor as well. So the jury is out on whether it was Dortmund or Red Star away performance that was the one off. A win is crucial tonight either way 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

None from memory. That’s not really the point though is it?

Be it qualifiers, group stage or knockout rounds, our away record in Europe isn’t great. 

Given the context of the discussion it's a massive point.

5 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I get your point but we were an absolute shambles at Red Star which I think was the only second leg away game we played last season other than Alashkert where we were also murder. If I remember right Gio’s record away in Europe with Feyenoord was poor as well. So the jury is out on whether it was Dortmund or Red Star away performance that was the one off. A win is crucial tonight either way 

We have done enough in every single away game in Europe under Gio to progress.

I dunno why but its as if I feel more at threat from PSV than the likes of Dortmund and Leipzig which obviously makes no sense

I’d take the win against Leipzig to make the Final over a win vs PSV in these two legs every time but the fact it’s been so long since we’ve made the Champions League has me as nervous as I can remember being in a while

Gonna be a loud one if we make a good start

3 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Only positive is they are attacking us.

Has to be kent and matundo both sides. If we press as a team abd attack swiftly then its Rangers.

If we go square baws goldson dilly dally then its a long night 

He’ll need to have his head screwed on tonight, any free headers for De Jong are certain goals

9 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Only positive is they are attacking us.

Has to be kent and matundo both sides. If we press as a team abd attack swiftly then its Rangers.

If we go square baws goldson dilly dally then its a long night 

:lol:

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Pumped for this but I'm worried about the middle of the park. They have Veerman and Simons, both precious targets for us, and we can't allow them to control the game. We need to get in their faces and not allow them to settle.

Guus Til looked good against Ajax especially in the air, got a hat-trick that game. They might play him with Simons on the bench. Gapko out-wide is a threat.

i think it's a certainty they will score. we need to be scoring 3-4. they are no doubt a very good team but they're coming to Ibrox. think we'll batter them :whistle:

went with my gut and put on a bet for both teams to score, us to win, and tavernier any time goal. got a feeling there will be a penalty to Rangers :craphead:

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s honestly talking to a brick wall with you. 

You're genuinely the dullest, most boring tightly wound person I have ever come across.

Chill out, have a beer and smile for the first time in your sad little life.