*****The Official Rangers v PSV Eindhoven Thread*****

G.E.C.

We’re playing in the champions league why would we not play the music?!

ok it’s the earlier stages of the competition but it’s still part of the competition. 

Here’s an interesting question, obvs they went straight into the group stage, IF we qualify will we make more money given that we’ve had 2 home gates and win money etc? 

15 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

ok it’s the earlier stages of the competition but it’s still part of the competition. 

Here’s an interesting question, obvs they went straight into the group stage, IF we qualify will we make more money given that we’ve had 2 home gates and win money etc? 

Lol

20 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

It’s still the qualifying rounds. The Champions League doesn’t start until the group stage. 

23 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

I think they get more money than us through a bigger cut of the TV money unfortunately.

Don't think there is massive amounts in it though.

56 minutes ago, SPWF said:

It’s still the qualifying rounds. The Champions League doesn’t start until the group stage. 

Yes, qualifying for the group stages of the competition but we’re still playing in the competition currently. You qualify to get into these stages by finishing wherever in your domestic leagues… Don’t have a problem with the music, in fact it should give the players that extra incentive to hear it again! 

57 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Probably a step too far given our best player is still trying to get fitness and others are still to gel.

Hopefully we have a result in us

Don't think it's a step too far but it'll be the hardest game I think we'll have played other than the final last season....although I don't think we turned up for the final (fucking infuriates me that we rolled over without a hint of trying)

7 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

Don't think it's a step too far but it'll be the hardest game I think we'll have played other than the final last season....although I don't think we turned up for the final (fucking infuriates me that we rolled over without a hint of trying)

If your referring to 2008 I would agree, thought we were the better side last season and deserved it (still haven't watched any highlights mind so may be remembering through blue tinted specs!)

5 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

What final are you referring to ?

34 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Yes, qualifying for the group stages of the competition but we’re still playing in the competition currently. You qualify to get into these stages by finishing wherever in your domestic leagues… Don’t have a problem with the music, in fact it should give the players that extra incentive to hear it again! 

Qualify for more qualifying. Absolute red neck to claim this is the Champions League tbh. 

Swear the ucl theme gets played in the last qualifying round always? Same as Europa. Also, the branding has been sent to the club to put around the stadium so assume UEFA has also told them the UCL music must be played…

You can’t just have the players stand there and play the UCL song without permission:lol: people being outraged when it is literally the norm hahaha

2 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

I understand the Uefa allow it, but I'm with you I wouldn't play it.

Did we have a choice 

I thought it was Uefa’s decision and there tournament to decide when it’s played and when the stadiums are decked out in all the champions league decorations and sponsors/advertising 

Would probably be some sort of fine involved if we didn’t play it in that case 

unless I have missed something and  there was a choice involved and we have made the decision to play it ?

45 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

What? :lol: 

11 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Swear the ucl theme gets played in the last qualifying round always? Same as Europa. Also, the branding has been sent to the club to put around the stadium so assume UEFA has also told them the UCL music must be played…

You can’t just have the players stand there and play the UCL song without permission:lol: people being outraged when it is literally the norm hahaha

Nobody is 'outraged' at us for playing the music, people's issue is clearly that it has been a long time coming and would rather it was a special moment which it won't be tomorrow

54 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

Rolled over ffs :lol: 

56 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

Don’t talk absolute shite, it was a cagey game between similar teams.

2 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

We aren’t playing in the champions league until we get past this round