*****The Official Rangers vs Ross County Thread*****

Broxi

Just now, Darrenmt7 said:

Well why wait when he’s obviously a class player ? Will also settle him even more knowing his future is with us for a few years.

The fee etc is already agreed for the end of the season if we want it. Also I've posted in the other thread there could be a chance Bayern buy him back immediately. Just because the clause is there doesn't mean his future is with us.

Just now, Darrenmt7 said:

Well why wait when he’s obviously a class player ? Will also settle him even more knowing his future is with us for a few years.

We pay for him now using this years budget and he breaks his leg next week? What would be the point in that when we can just wait 

Chances are Bayern are going to buy him straight back off us and we both turn a profit anyway if he keeps playing like this 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Tell you what, McLaughlin is starting to feel like a natural number 1.

He is growing into the position.

Not anything specifically he has done here, but he just feels like our Keeper now. Not our stand in keeper.

Confidence seems to be showing 

Just now, esquire8 said:

The fee etc is already agreed for the end of the season if we want it. Also I've posted in the other thread there could be a chance Bayern buy him back immediately. Just because the clause is there doesn't mean his future is with us.

But surely you still have to negotiate a contract with the player?  They can just say no?

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Well done Wright. Very under rated player.

I've defended Wright a lot on here. But recently I feel that he's simply got to deliver more consistently. I think he can but he's got to improve his decision making and put together a run of good performances. He's decent today

Just now, esquire8 said:

Only benefit in buying him now would be that if he has an absolute Stormer this season, he won't attract the likes of Bayern, but could start getting the attentions of EPL side. Leeds for example.

If we have bought him already, and he has signed a contract with us, then they have to bid for him and we get the cash.

If we wait till the end of the season, and the EPL side are circling, then agree to pay the £1.5m or whatever it is, then he is much less likely to accept our terms when he knows he can knock it back and get a move to the EPL on 3 times as much cash.