The other mob

MisterC

7 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If anyone actually watched the game they wouldn't be saying Aberdeen lay down. They had a right go and were the better team. The tarriers got lucky with some mongo individual moments but they don't look half as effective as they did last season.

The lying down patter’s always rotten. Ask them if Motherwell lie down to us and they’ll tell you no, despite the fact they’ve not beat us in a league game for 20 years :lol: 

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The lying down patter’s always rotten. Ask them if Motherwell lie down to us and they’ll tell you no, despite the fact they’ve not beat us in a league game for 20 years :lol: 

I know mate. There is no cunt in our game will send a team out half arsed. They all want a crack at the big two.. i genuinely felt watching a bit of them today that they're no as good as they were last year. Rodgers will have a bit of his confidence shattered as well and I think some of their player have had their head turned. 

Let's see how their squad would cope with a similar injury record to ours last season. All of a sudden their big centre half is getting niggles and their midfield.

If we can get our shit together then they are there to take a free hit at. 

7 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If anyone actually watched the game they wouldn't be saying Aberdeen lay down. They had a right go and were the better team. The tarriers got lucky with some mongo individual moments but they don't look half as effective as they did last season.

They're nowhere near as good as they were last year, Rodgers has fucked off their best midfielder, Jota was their most inspirational player, Starfelt as much as I never rated him never lost a single game alongside Carter-Vickers in the league so whoever they replace him with can't better that, can only match it which is unlikely.

Taylor was decent as an inverted FB but as a straight up normal LB he's the same shite he was before Ange converted him, their keeper is way past his best too, the Tim's are still hoping they'll spend about £15-20m on 3 first team players, tells you how far off it they are.

End of the day they won but they were certainly in a game, and were second best, for most of it.

They are probably “bedding in” same as us, however our manager has signed / decided to keep the majority of his squad and they are getting to know each other; while Rodgers is working with the majority of someone else’s (who had had success with them) and trying to change how they play.

Difference is we put in a horrific performance against Killie, made one defensive error and got punished for it; they were gifting Aberdeen chances and kept getting away with it. Might be a different story when they start coming up against teams setting up to contain them and hit them on the counter if they are still performing so poorly.

After the OF they have to play Livingston, Kilmarnock and Motherwell in three of their next four games, crucial we at the very least draw the OF game and keep piling pressure on them.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

the Kilmarnock result was a disaster, but from what I have seen so far, we are better than them. Beat them on the 3rd and they will turn on Rogers. Guaranteed. 

They are picking up injuries to key players.

Breaking and entering his house and stealing medals will look like a breeze if they lose at Ibrox,and we are above them in the table.
Guaranteed.
Wish every injury on that mob.

I think when you see the lead PR mouth coming out with "they got away with one" then you know it's close to erupting, the cup game at Kille could be massive and if "the treble" ends up laying stone cold dead on the plastic, Guy Fawkes will be making an early appearance in the car park.

3 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

Points will be dropped this year, this 99 points for them last year and 102 for us the 55 season are anomalies and ceiling max events.

Hoping and expecting a good old fashioned title race with all the traditional ups and downs right till the last day.

Hope your right but no evidence they will drop much. Every week someone said they were lucky/would run out of steam last season. Never happened.

9 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Hope your right but no evidence they will drop much. Every week someone said they were lucky/would run out of steam last season. Never happened.

Wonder why people get their hopes up

Everyone says the tarriers were shite, defebce shite blah blah blah, they went to sheep and won, thats the difference, even when shite they ground out wins, whereas we shit the bed ala killie style 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wonder why people get their hopes up

Everyone says the tarriers were shite, defebce shite blah blah blah, they went to sheep and won, thats the difference, even when shite they ground out wins, whereas we shit the bed ala killie style 

Some people are just delusional and get it into their head that they're rubbish and just lucky. 

You're not hitting 100 points and winning trebles non stop without being good. 

17 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Some people are just delusional and get it into their head that they're rubbish and just lucky. 

The main difference between the two clubs is mentality. They cunts seem to win when they aren’t playing well where as we struggle to get results when not at our best as the Kilmarnock game showed. Hopefully that’ll change though as time goes on as I honestly believe they have regressed since last year. If they’ve regressed enough and we’ve improved enough to overtake them then only time will tell. Call it delusional if you want. 👍🏻

28 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The main difference between the two clubs is mentality. They cunts seem to win when they aren’t playing well where as we struggle to get results when not at our best as the Kilmarnock game showed. Hopefully that’ll change though as time goes on as I honestly believe they have regressed since last year. If they’ve regressed enough and we’ve improved enough to overtake them then only time will tell. Call it delusional if you want. 👍🏻

Would rather be delusional than live without hope 

Poetic 

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I agree I don’t think it is luck, but don’t know what to call it. We were pish against Kilmarnock but only really gave up 1 real chance and we were punished for it. They created far more yesterday than we did against Kilmarnock in the second half, but we’re gifted their second and also gave up far more chances and only conceded once, on the balance of play they should have been going in at half time level or even behind.

The difference from my perspective is that we need to kill games off quicker and stop gifting chances to the opposition (I actually believe the two are linked as the defence is going to be far more confident and relaxed if we are 2 or 3 up, don’t think it is a coincidence that the majority of our defensive fuck ups happen late on in games when we are holding out). They seem to be out of sorts at the back and giving teams space to punish them. Out of the two at the moment I know which I would rather be trying to fix…

2 hours ago, rossco87 said:

I agree I don’t think it is luck, but don’t know what to call it. We were pish against Kilmarnock but only really gave up 1 real chance and we were punished for it. They created far more yesterday than we did against Kilmarnock in the second half, but we’re gifted their second and also gave up far more chances and only conceded once, on the balance of play they should have been going in at half time level or even behind.

The difference from my perspective is that we need to kill games off quicker and stop gifting chances to the opposition (I actually believe the two are linked as the defence is going to be far more confident and relaxed if we are 2 or 3 up, don’t think it is a coincidence that the majority of our defensive fuck ups happen late on in games when we are holding out). They seem to be out of sorts at the back and giving teams space to punish them. Out of the two at the moment I know which I would rather be trying to fix…

A big problem we had last year was conceding at the few opportunities we did give up. Hopefully not a trend that continues this season. A few clean sheets should breed confidence.

20 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I think he'll be sold to England before the close of the window.

Unless it’s Ross Wilson at Nottingham Forest then I doubt clubs will be buying injured players.

On 14/08/2023 at 22:27, rossco87 said:

That was one difference last night - we didn't sit back trying to hold out for the last ten minutes, we still tried to attack.