Allan McGregor

scottyc06

Superb performance from him tonight & I hope he can keep it up for the rest of the season, but again we are kicking the can down the road.

I would rather give Mcrorie a go in goals until January and see how he goes, by then we will know if we need 1 or 2 goalkeepers.

Every post I Make on McGregor starts with "I Love him but......"

Pulling off two penalty saves last night is legendary stuff. He is definitely the better option than McLaughlin but we need better than both. We need a Goalkeeper that can command his box and take crosses especially given that our Center Half are shite at defensive headers. We would do well to fix that problem as well but that's another discussion

Would love to see what Mcrorie can do

18 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Pulling off two penalty saves last night is legendary stuff. He is definitely the better option than McLaughlin but we need better than both. We need a Goalkeeper that can command his box and take crosses especially given that our Center Half are shite at defensive headers. We would do well to fix that problem as well but that's another discussion

Ever since I can remember we have had goalies ,which IMO ,were in the worlds top 20....now ours are not in the top 1000

10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Cost us how many points last season? Good game tonight changes fuck all, him and McLaughlin should be fighting it out for a spot on the bench

Cost us two games out of 38.  Ross county and hearts.  Could also point in the direction of the team those days aswell for not finishing teams off and taking our chances.  Also took us to a European final aswell with some massive saves, especially against red star home and away.  

33 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

What people would have to expect if we got a keeper who comes out to take crosses, is that we will concede more goals where the keeper comes out flapping and misses.

We will also lose far less goals from free headers, but they are nowhere near as obvious a save as a 1-on-1.

I genuinely dont think our fans will forgive a keeper who comes out flapping and misses the ball a few times a season, and will demand a better one, even though this always happens with this style of keeper, as the benefit it brings is somewhat hidden.

I thought it was time we moved on from McGregor. Gio obviously went for JM because he's more comfortable with the ball at his feet and better at dealing with crosses. These are obvious flaws in McGregor's game and cost us a lot of points last year. That said, I expected us to sign a new keeper in the summer to address those issues. 

Last night shows he has an aura, a presence, that is hard to capture with stats and he should be restored as number 1. From an organisational stand point, I thought we were better too.

Even with JM being more comfortable on the ball, I actually don't think it makes a difference to how we play at all so it doesn't really matter. In theory it should help us to play through teams who press us, but at the moment we barely progress the ball quickly or bravely enough to beat a press anyway.

14 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

I thought it was time we moved on from McGregor. Gio obviously went for JM because he's more comfortable with the ball at his feet and better at dealing with crosses. These are obvious flaws in McGregor's game and cost us a lot of points last year. That said, I expected us to sign a new keeper in the summer to address those issues. 

Last night shows he has an aura, a presence, that is hard to capture with stats and he should be restored as number 1. From an organisational stand point, I thought we were better too.

Even with JM being more comfortable on the ball, I actually don't think it makes a difference to how we play at all so it doesn't really matter. In theory it should help us to play through teams who press us, but at the moment we barely progress the ball quickly or bravely enough to beat a press anyway.

The 4th goal at the midden shows it’s a myth about him being comfortable with the ball at his feet, he’s also very ponderous when he’s on the ball