*****The Official Liverpool v Rangers Thread*****

These are the type of games we wanted when playing in the Champions League again. We are up against one of the top teams in Europe in the last few years and tonight will be extremely fuckin tough. Hopefully we can put on a performance and compete. Get fuckin into them from start to finish. Come on Rangers 

2 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Much as I like Colak I can see him getting marked out the game, Buff from the start to get in about them. 

On the one hand, we won't get many chances. Colak more likely to put them away than Morelos. On the other hand we need to be able to hold the ball up top to create chances and Alfie far more adept at this than Colak. Bit of a conundrum. I'd go with Morelos.

10 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

These are the type of games we wanted when playing in the Champions League again. We are up against one of the top teams in Europe in the last few years and tonight will be extremely fuckin tough. Hopefully we can put on a performance and compete. Get fuckin into them from start to finish. Come on Rangers 

You are right we all wanted these games, the 2 so far have shown we are not good enough at the moment at this level.

If the players give everything in this game then hopefully we will not be embarrassed and to be honest I have no idea how it will go, just hoping for the best. 🤞🤞

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

You are right we all wanted these games, the 2 so far have shown we are not good enough at the moment at this level.

If the players give everything in this game then hopefully we will not be embarrassed and to be honest I have no idea how it will go, just hoping for the best. 🤞🤞

See I don't get that narrative. We played and beat teams as good or better on the way to the final last season. I think there are a mix of reasons for our performances this season and a lot of it is down to how poorly we've come out the blocks from the start of the season. I think confidence and moral play a huge part and we've just no started but overall I think we're capable of competing with the big dogs in Europe as we've showed. And btw we were giving as good as we were getting against Napoli up until the sending off.

Edit. "at the moment". Never read that but yeah kinda saying the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

See I don't get that narrative. We played and beat teams as good or better on the way to the final last season. I think there are a mix of reasons for our performances this season and a lot of it is down to how poorly we've come out the blocks from the start of the season. I think confidence and moral play a huge part and we've just no started but overall I think we're capable of competing with the big dogs in Europe as we've showed. And btw we were giving as good as we were getting against Napoli up until the sending off.

Yeh. We also lost 3 of our best players effectively. Bassey, Aribo and Morelos not fit. And we’ve been playing likes of Arfield and Sands. Massive drop down.

Feeling a lot better with Davies in there and Morelos getting back to fitness. Hopefully he starts. Morelos, Kent and Tav can cause them problems. I fear we will play like Ajax. Stand off them and do no running. 

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No we never

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The thing is we played and beat they teams with Aribo and Bassey, now we're looking at Barisic and Arfield (or similar) and no harm to Barisic but he passes backwards 9 times out of ten and is more likely to get caught out in defence, Aribo was good on the ball and had quick feet but whoever plays in his position be it Arfield or Wright or whoever is a step down, just need to see what happens.