*****The Official Rangers v Liverpool Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

9 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Decent first half, undone by a simple corner which we've seen time and time before under this Manager.

The second half couldn't have been much worse if we tried. Goldson going off injured followed by an utter capitulation. Really not sure what you can say about that?

Thought we may be in for a rough 30 minutes regardless when I saw Jota and especially Salah on the bench.

Liverpool tonight was a bit like watching an Arsenal game in the league cup under Wenger. Would be middling with players like Sebastian Svard and Igors Stepanovs away to someone shite like Swindon on a Wednesday night then on comes Henry, Pires and Ljungberg for the last 25 minutes.

Just now, Sunglasses Ron said:

He is done at this club. Surely. 

Have mentioned this before, the arrogance of the guy thinking he can run down his contract with us and go to somewhere he presumably thinks will be better is infuriating.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Liverpool tonight was a bit like watching an Arsenal game in the league cup under Wenger. Would be middling with players like Sebastian Svard and Igors Stepanovs away to Swindon on a Wednesday night then on comes Henry, Pires and Ljungberg for the last 25 minutes.

Those 3 substitutions were horrible, I also think GVB's response with changing the full front 3 was a bit mad too at 4-1.  

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Anybody looking forward to the Motherwell game? Me neither.

Can accept losing to Liverpool, but not such a collapse and scoreline. 

This one is going to hurt us all for years , these players couldnt give two fucks.

No manager should survive this kind of result and this guy has been behind plenty of them now.

Hopefully in the morning somebody has the balls to sack him and his staff.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

Those 3 substitutions were horrible, I also think GVB's response with changing the full front 3 was a bit mad too at 4-1.  

To be fair it was 3-1 when the subs were about to come on,4-1 when they did still to late, embarrassing 

Big mistakes led to first few goals, coupled with losing Goldson at end of first half was really the writing on the wall.

I also don't understand why Gio left the subs until we were 4 fucking 1 down with 15 minutes to go.....why send out an attacking mind set at that stage when Liverpool were in total control, thst cost us a completely humiliating defeat.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Just him? King aside, is there anybody you would actually care about? Shower of absolute losers.

Didn't like him for months but I think Lundstram was alright in the circumstances tonight. Showed a bit of fight which is really all we were looking for from all the rest of them. 

Good few fuck-ups in possession mind you.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe Colak aside I agree. I suppose I picked on Kent because of his price tag and the sheer disappointment he’s been for so long. 

Colak showed exactly why Morelos should start in Europe ahead of him imo

3 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Didn't like him for months but I think Lundstram was alright in the circumstances tonight. Showed a bit of fight which is really all we were looking for from all the rest of them. 

Good few fuck-ups in possession mind you.

Thought he was grim tbh mate

Lundstrom all night 🤢

Davis positioning at the 3rd goal 🤢

barasic at salahs goal🤢

McGregor not catching the ball for the first🤢

king at the second goal🤢

Kent never beat that left back once🤢

arfields miss on half time🤢

colak no fkn composure at that pass back at 1 nil up🤢

jack like glass 🤢

Tav constantly giving it away🤢

what a pathetic set of players

Honestly you couldn’t have dreamt this result up in your worst nightmare.

Sums it up to say that the guy who probably gets more stick from fans than any other on the team (barring Kent right now) is the one person that scores for us and is our lone scorer in this CL campaign.
Welcome to the Upside Down.